2. Shot
58 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Oh my God," Hunter heard Naomi gasp into the earpiece. Although he wanted to assure her that he was fine, he couldn't speak in the presence of the man who was watching him with an evil smirk. He did not want to implicate his dear friend and get her into trouble because of his carelessness.

Hunter held his knee, which was now bleeding profusely, before he prepared his next attack. His target was slowly walking towards him, and so what if he did not have his gun with him, he still had other concealed weapons. He had now perceived that it would be difficult for him to escape from the place, and if this was all a trap for him, there was no way he would make out alive today. But that did not mean he would allow the man who had got him in this predicament to go unscathed.

"Bind him." His target ordered, and Hunter struggled against the two men who pulled him towards the only chair in the hidden room.

Struggling against them was futile as Hunter was now bleeding profusely from his knee, and the two men were burly and robust. It was impossible to win the duo with the condition he was in. The men tied him to the chair and stood behind Hunter's target, who he presumed to be their commander.

"I was waiting for you." The man commented as he observed the young hitman's face. Contrary to his expectations, there were no changes in Hunter's expressions. "Don't you want to know what is happening here and why you are even here in the first place?" The man whose name Hunter did not even know queried, his voice turning deadly at the end.

However, Hunter was in no mood to listen to him. He was busy with his work. Although he kept his eyes fixed on the three men in front of him, his focus was on his hands trying to cut through the ropes that had bound him to the chair.

"Looks like you are so shocked by the events that you have lost your sense of speech." The man chuckled at not getting any response from his captive.

'Yeah, whatever helps you rest in peace forever.' Hunter thought to himself as he continued to slowly cut the ropes with the knife he had with him. His face gave away nothing. So, the three men did not know what he was planning.

"Do you want to meet the client who contacted your partner and gave them the mission?" This caught Hunter's interest, and he stared at the man even though his hands kept going. He was almost done cutting the rope, and soon, his hands would be free. "It was I who contacted your partner. I was the one who gave you the mission to kill me."

"That explains it," Hunter mumbled under his breath. The man must have orchestrated this situation. Otherwise, there was no way anyone could have trapped him.

Hunter was a brilliant hitman, and it was impossible to trap him unless his enemy was more outstanding than him.

Hunter frowned when a realization hit him. Even if his enemy were good, he would not have succeeded without the help of someone close to him. There were only a few people Hunter was close to, and one of them was Naomi. 'She will never betray me. Who could it be?' He sat thinking about all the possibilities.

"Hunter, what is happening? Why am I not able to hear you? Please tell me you are alive." He heard Naomi's cry, and he stifled a smile at her words. He breathed lightly, sending her the signal she needed. Naomi sighed in relief as soon as she heard his breathing. "I am so sorry, Hunter. I shouldn't have accepted the deal for you. If not for the Boss pressuring me to put you in this case, I would not have accepted this case. I have already informed the situation to Wolf. He is nearby you and will reach you soon."

Hunter was shocked at hearing her words and ignored everything she said. 'Boss ordered Naomi? Did Ryan set me up in this trap? But why?' He wondered as the man's, who was his Boss and friend, face flashed before him. However, he did not dwell upon it. His thoughts broke when he heard the next question from his target.

"I have waited a long time to kill you, and now I can finally end what I had started." He pointed the gun in his hand, smiling like a devil at Hunter. But his prey remained unfazed even though he was at gunpoint.

"Since I will die today, would you mind telling me why you want to kill me?" Hunter spoke to the man for the time since their meeting. He just needed a few seconds, and then he would be free.

"Let me fulfill this last wish of yours." He nodded at him and lowered his gun a little. "Do you remember accepting a mission to kill Thomas Harris a few months ago?"

Hunter frowned in confusion on hearing the name. 'Thomas Harris? Who the fuck is he?' He wondered. While he tried to recollect who Thomas was, Naomi got to work and found the file about him on her laptop.

"Hunter, Thomas Harris was your target thirty-seven." As soon as Hunter heard the number, he realized who Thomas was. Hunter was terrible with names, and he remembered his targets by their numbers in his hit list.

"Thomas Harris was my business partner." The man continued.

'So this was all due to a grudge. What fools these people are!!' By now, Hunter's hands were free. He did not waste another moment in listening to his target's past. He swiftly threw the knife in his arms at the man who had his gun pointed at him.

Nobody had expected such a lethal move from him, and at once, the man dropped to the ground. Hunter's knife had pierced his neck, and he had died even before he knew what had happened. The other two men were shocked by their Boss's death, and they stared at the dead man for a few seconds. And this distraction was enough for Hunter to pull out the gun from his holster and fire bullets at them, and the two men fell dead in a blink.

"What fools!!" Hunter scoffed.

"Hunter, are you there? Are you alright?" Naomi's panicked voice fell on his ears.

"Yes, Naomi. I am fine. I have killed the target. Add him to my file."

"On it." Naomi was just about to enter the details when her hands stopped working. "Hunter, we have a problem. A crowd is making their way towards the room you are in."

"Shit!!" Hunter cursed and helped himself out of the ropes. "How far along are they?"

"They are two rooms away."

"I see." Hunter looked around him to find any way to escape. To his dismay, the room did not even have a place to hide, let alone to escape. He slowly dragged his body towards the main room, bearing the pain from his bleeding leg. Hunter knew he could not face all the men, given his condition. All he could do in this situation was lock the door, and he did just that. He locked the door and started looking for a way out.

Fortunately for him, the room had windows, and he opened one. He first peeped out to see if anyone was around before he crossed the window, bearing the pain. But he had missed seeing the watch guard who had his eyes fixed on the warehouse.

When Hunter entered the premises, he had not seen the watchguard in his position, it was empty. So, this time, his mind ignored to glance in that direction at least once.

The watchguard was stunned to see someone jump out of the window. He was highly suspicious about who would leave the warehouse through the window. He focused his binoculars on the man who was limping his way towards the exit. Although he could not see clearly, he could make out that the man was not from his gang. Moreover, they did not have any visitors scheduled to visit.

'We have a spy.' He thought to himself, and at once, he pulled out his sniper rifle. He aimed it at the man, who was looking around him to ensure no one was looking at him. When he was confident that he had got his target, he pressed the trigger, and the bullet sliced through the air before it hit Hunter just above his chest.

Hunter did not even have the time to comprehend what had happened, for another bullet pierced his skin, which was aimed at his heart this time. He collapsed to the floor, and he choked out blood. His eyelids turned heavy and slowly, the pain engulfed him. The only thing he could remember before he closed his eyes was Naomi shouting and calling his name on the earpiece.

2