4. Huey
30 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An hour later.

Hunter was alone in his ward, and the nurse had injected him with the sleeping-inducing medicine just after he had finished eating his lunch. Naomi had left ten minutes ago after promising to visit him again in the evening.

This was what Hunter had been waiting for since the time he had woken up, a time with himself. He wanted to comprehend what had happened and how he could survive and return to his rookie days.

His eyes still quivered when he recalled the dreadful experience when his enemy had killed him. The two bullets had pierced his chest, killing him eventually on that cold night. Hunter lifted his hand to touch the spot where he had been shot. However, the injury in his right shoulder stopped him from doing so.

'Did I really return to the past?' He wondered, pressing his hands together. 'It has to be. Otherwise, how could I have survived the deadly attack? The enemy had a good aim, and it was my mistake not to have noticed him. But how could I return to the past? Is it even possible?'

Although Hunter wanted to continue thinking and arrange his chaotic thoughts, his eyelids turned heavy, and he lay down as he stared at the wall. 'Does that mean I could find the person who trapped me to kill me and avenge my death?' He had no strength to ponder more into it as his eyelids closed, shutting all his thoughts.

"Kael Hunter.' Hunter was just about to fall asleep when he heard a lady's voice. He forced his eyes open, blinking away his sleep forcefully. However, there was no one around him. The ward was empty. He frowned lightly, wondering if it was all his imagination. But, he heard his name being called again; this time, it became more apparent.

"Kael Hunter, or should I call you Hunter?" The girl spoke, startling the man on the bed.

"Who are you?" Kael was now alarmed and tried to push his body, although he felt extremely lethargic and weak.

"I am your intelligence, Huey. I will be in charge of you from now on." The voice continued, and Hunter frowned on hearing the girl's nonsense.

"What intelligence? What nonsense are you spouting?" He drawled as he fought his sleep. "Who are you? Show yourself to me."

"Just as I said before, I am your intelligence. I have chosen you, and it is my duty now to make you the supreme hitman in the world." Hunter was beyond confused now, and he looked around him, forcing his heavy head to move as he searched for the source of the voice. However, there were no hiding places in the ward. It was utterly plain, except for the bathroom at the other end.

"Shall we take a look at your stats?" The girl queried, and although Hunter did not know what was happening, he found her voice incredibly sexy and alluring.

Even before Hunter could reply to her, images started to appear in front of him, and the man was baffled to see them. A floating screen had popped up before him that showed him different readings he could not decipher.

[Name - Kael Hunter]

[Hitman code - Hunter]

[Rank - 100]

[HP - 68/100]

[No. of people killed - 0]

The words seemed familiar to him as though he had seen them somewhere. He racked his brain to remember where he had seen them, and immediately he recalled the similar readings he had seen on some mobile and PC games.

'What kind of game is this? Why does this feel so real?' He wondered and continued to read the stats on the screen.

[XP - 0/1000]

[Level - 1]

[Skill - 7/10]

[Strength - 5/10]

[Stamina - 8/10]

There were also other words at the bottom.

[Details]  [Healer]  [Weapons]  [Missions]  [Rank List]  [Hit List]  [Xtra]

Hunter could not make a head or tail from what he saw. Everything seemed like a script to a language he had never learned, and he stared at it blankly. Although he had seen similar terms on a game, the name of which he could not remember, he could not comprehend what most of them meant.

"What is this?" He mumbled, intrigued and confused by what he was seeing.

"This is your stats." He heard Huey's voice again. "You can access them whenever you want. Just say the word 'stats' and the screen will appear before you."

"Okay. But why am I able to see this screen? Is this some kind of magic I have no idea about? Am I dreaming after watching a sci-fi movie?" Hunter's words made Huey giggle, and her giggle made the man smile even though the situation did not call for it.

"You are neither dreaming nor is this some kind of magic."

"Then?" He titled his head. By now, his sleep had vanished and he was wide awake.

"Our system chose you."

"What system?"

"The Supreme Hitman System." Again, Hunter was lost. Everything seemed like a mystery to him, absurd even. He was sure this was a dream, and they would vanish once he got up from sleep.

"What Supreme Hitman System?" He decided to go ahead with what was happening for now. Although baffling, he found the girl and her words interesting.

"It is a system that will lead you to be the ultimate hitman in the world," Huey explained as though Hunter was a child.

"I see. Why was I chosen then?"

"Because you are the only one who went back in time."

Huey's reply stunned Hunter, and he stared at the screen in shock. Although he was certain that he had returned to his past self, he still doubted it and wondered if it was all his imagination. However, now that Huey had confirmed it, he could not help but be surprised at her.

"Ho-How did you know? Did you go back in time too?" His innocent question made Huey smile.

"I cannot answer this question currently. You need to rest. Your health point is low, and you must work on your strength. I will meet you again when your health point reaches 100."

With a pop, the screen vanished, rendering Hunter speechless and bewildered by the turn of events. "Huey, Huey." He called her in hopes of hearing her again. However, there was no response. All of a sudden, fatigue took over him and his eyelids dropped.

"Hu-ey." He mumbled before he succumbed to his much needed sleep.

2