22. Cemetery?
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Take your first left after this right." Naomi directed Hunter to the men she was tracking.

"Where are they going? Any idea?" Hunter could still not decipher the route the men were going on. It was as though they were moving in circles for the time being. Albeit being familiar with this path, he could not deduce their destination.

"From the looks of it, it seems they are driving towards the outskirts of the city, most possibly towards the cemetery. But I am unsure." Naomi analyzed the path they were taking. She could not think of anything besides the possibility that they were headed towards the cemetery.

"Cemetary, you say?" Hunter mused, his eyes narrowing in realization. It was the best place to finish their task. Nobody would find them or interrupt them.

Hunter followed Naomi's instructions, staying a mile away from the vehicle he was following.

"Naomi, is anyone following me?"

"Nope. I checked already. You are safe." Naomi returned to her work while her eyes kept track of both cars.

"You are right. They are heading towards the cemetery." Hunter confirmed when he looked at the deserted area. Although this was not a road many people frequented, there would at least be a few cars during the day. At that time of the night, it was completely abandoned.

"Be careful, Hunter. It's a deserted road. So, it's easy for people who might be waiting for you to find you." Naomi warned as she read the details she had uncovered about the vehicle Hunter had asked to track.

"You were right, Hunter. The vehicle must be stolen. The number plate is invalid." Naomi stated through the earpiece and Hunter was not surprised by it.

"Great. Anything else?"

"As for the bank account, the man who it belongs to is an alcoholic and a gambler and he lost his savings due to his addiction. I'm unable to find much about the other man."

"Okay. What about the transaction? Did you find out who it was from?" Hunter slowed down when he was close to the cemetery. He was just three miles away from the destination.

Although the place was deserted, the road was brightly lit, with the street lights helping him see the road ahead. So, he switched off his headlights lest he should alert anyone and invoke danger upon himself.

"I did. It's from a person named Tony D'Silva. But he just looks like a middleman to me. It seems he paid for these two after someone instructed him."

Hunter did not miss the confusion in her voice and he frowned lightly. By now, his driving speed had dropped to 20 miles an hour as he searched for the best place to hide for some time.

"The men stopped at the cemetery, Hunter. We were right." Naomi relayed the moment she noticed the tracker pausing on her device.

"Can you find who instructed Tony?" Hunter was not that hopeful this time. It was too convoluted and it would not be easy for Naomi even if she had superior computer skills.

"I will try, Hunter. But I cannot guarantee it." Naomi sighed and started checking Tony's bank account from which the transaction had been made.

"I understand, Naomi. It's fine if you are unable to find anything."

"This man is smart." Naomi praised and Hunter stopped his car when he found a good spot to park his car. Although he was still a few yards away from the cemetery, he could easily make a dash for his vehicle if the situation called for it.

"Why do you say so?"

"There are no transfer records on this account. However, there have been deposits every alternative day."

Hunter understood where this was going and approved of the man's clever tactics. This way, it would be hard to track where the money in his account came from.

"Take your time, Naomi. It's action time for me now. I need to get to work." Hunter checked his weapons, including his knife, before starting his plan.

"By the way, why are we even tracking these people? Who are they?"

"I have no idea." Hunter paused and dithered for a moment before he decided to come clean with her. "I found the men moving things out of Mia's house because someone, which I believe is Tony, assigned the task to burn her things."

"Was it Ryan? But I don't think he would have done this without informing you."

Hunter remained silent. 'You have no idea what Ryan can do, Naomi. I'll not burst your bubble right now. I will disclose everything when I have evidence to support my claims.'

"Anyway, I will do what I am here for. You try to find out more about Tony." Hunter locked his car and traced the path to the cemetery as he hid in the shadows.

'Huey, is it possible for you to keep an eye out for danger?'

'Ohh, you remembered me? What a surprise!' The lady sassed and Hunter stifled a laugh. 'I thought you forgot I even existed.'

'How can I forget you, Huey? Aren't we tied together?' Hunter replied cheekily.

'Are you sure you want my help? It will cost you, though.'

Hunter's lips twitched in dismay. But he had no choice. The place he was at did not have any surveillance cameras. So he could not use Naomi's skills. He could only rely on Huey.

'Fine. What do I have to do?' Hunter relented as he moved closer to the cemetery.

'We will keep this compensation on hold for now. We will talk about it when the time is right.'

'What?' Hunter almost shouted in the silent, eerie night. 'You cannot do this.'

'Fine. You won't get my help then.' Huey did not budge and replied calmly, forcing Hunter to hurl profanities at her, which she did not mind.

'Why am I having an ominous feeling all of a sudden? I think I will be at a disadvantage if I accept the deal.'

'Perhaps. But you never know. It might be something good too.'

'I doubt that. I don't think it would be any good.'

'Have I told you that compensation can be in any form?'

'What do you mean?' Hunter was now just a few feet away from the cemetery entrance and saw the vehicle outside while the men were nowhere in sight.

'It can either be good or bad for you. It's not always necessarily bad.'

'Darling, it's called compensation for a reason. What good would come out of it?'

'You never know until you give it a try.'

Hunter was tempted. Although he wanted to reject her help badly, he knew his predicament. He needed her to keep an eye around him in case it was all someone's trap.

'Fine. I will agree to this deal.' Hunter relented and hid in the shadows as he noticed the man with the gruff voice return to the van and leave immediately with a box in his hand.

'Good. I promise you will not regret it.'

Hunter was unsure of it. So, he just stayed silent.

'Although I will not disclose everything, there are quite crucial things you should know. And one of them is, you three are not the only ones in the cemetery.'

1