1
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello there, my name is Reds. Reds Rafael. A normal boy who has a normal voice and a normal academic score. Currently in first year of my new schooll life, 14 years old. And my birthday is June 21, a normal day. Today is currently June 17, 5 days before my birthday.

"... Ah right, tomorrow is the start of my school life, therefore I should be-"

While I was talking to myself, someone entered my room abruptly.

"Hey, Reds! Do you want to pla-"

*Kerchak*

The window was already opened and before the one who called me has seen me, I already excaped by the windows, closed it by a locking mechanism that is connected to my phone that I am carrying, and I immediately slide off the roof that I am residing with and rolled before I hit the ground to evenly spread the impact I would took on all my body, after the roll, I immediately stood up and run. {Gotta be quick and run fast… I don't want to play with my cousin today… it's supposedly the day I'm meant to finish a game too… *sigh*}

"Hey, Reds, play with me!"

Suddenly, as I was running, I seen the one I was trying to run away from and they did a flying hug which caught me, causing both of us to fall…

*Crash*

"Ghaah!... My back… anyway, Calista… what how did you do that?"

"Huh? My name is Caesta…"

{Kugh?!... I got fooled… Calista used her twin sister, Caesta, who also likes to play multiplayer games with me, like fighting games or MMORPG games in order to, that's right slow me down!}

Realizing what's happening, I immediately tried to push the girl settling on my body, but due to her, being unexpectedly being heavy, and I can't really say that to a girl or imply such a thing in front of the person, I just sighed in defeat as I closed my eyes…

"Reds?... Ah, brother……"

Next day.

"Nggn… what a nice sleep."

I said so as I woke up at 5:00 am. Exactly one hour before I get late to school. Preparing to school takes 30 minutes, I can take 20 minutes to prepare myself some food, there should be rice that was from yesterday, I mean this house, is a house that 3 people live in currently. Me, and the twin cousins. And if I'm right, there should be one second before I get late if I only use 3599 seconds.

3599 seconds later. I entered school one second before getting late… is what I would like to say, but it seems to be that this school starts in 7:00 am, which is not normal for me… the last school and the school before middle school always starts at 6… *sigh*, I shouldn't think much about this…

*Step, step, step*

Having nothing to do as I entered the school, I slowly walked and got close to a big bulletin board that was on my right, specifically 30 steps away.

I looked at it intensely, and found out where my room was…

"F class… Umu, great."

I did a small congratulations to myself and left the place, but as I turned around, I seen a beautiful black haired girl. Her hair goes till her blazer, and she seems to be important from how she has this feeling of nobility…

"... What's your name?"

She asked me my name… {how should I, as a living being respond?... I should just answer.}

Coming up with the thoughts I have, I said my name.

"Reds Rafael."

She looked at me, her eyes seemed to have interest in me.

"Hmm… I see… the worst student in this school of ours doesn't look that dumb… I wonder why?"

She mumbled and turned around… after a second later, she left and I sighed in relief… {what does she mean? I know this school, as a private school, is special in the fact that many people here are in fact super smart… usually excelling in one, two, or rarely more than 3 subjects… I'm average in all of them, so I was placed in the worst class, the F class… I tried my best at the entrance exam, so it doesn't even matter… and another fact this school has is the fact that… Well, scores here are power… I think it'll come up later.}

Leaving my thoughts as I realized that I might be a bit too suspicious, I sneakily left the place and followed the guide that was given to all students who had passed here. The first way is to see which is where your class is, followed by going to a big theater room, usually used for acts, but also used in the first day as the usual first day announcements, or something… I'm not really into terms.

*Step, step, step*

And numerous steps later, I entered a theater room, in a big building… anyway I sat on one of the chairs that are given to F class, which is unsurprisingly, close to the doors to enter this place, meaning it'd be very hard to hear the announcement here… which is good for me.

I closed my eyes…

And opened them and woke up as the first day… whatever is starting. I always use the time on my phone to know what time it is, and in this school, it's fine to bring schools or any type of electronics, as long as you don't use it while class is happening… meaning in lunch break, you can use phones in order to do something, and lunch break is quite generous too, they gave you 45 minutes… ah, seriously, I'm being bored…

*Tap, tap*

I heard taps… I ignored it and sighed as I was somehow hearing the boring speech done by the principal of this school, Charlotte Rivael… it seems to be that her cousin, is also a student in this school, but I wouldn't know who that is, but since she is related to the principal, I assume that her cousin, which was rumored to be a girl, is in the A class… {I shouldn't believe it till it's true though.}

"Now, I'm done giving my speech. Soooo… I'll be having the top scorer for the first year, her name is Risa Rivael!"

She then left the stand and soon, a familiar girl got to the-

"Hey…"

Someone was whispering to me and I looked at to who it is.

"You're…"

"Reds."

"Oh, the worst student?... Well, I do understand… this school is hard to enroll in after all, and since this one has a tough requirement to be in, it's luck that you did got in."

He, whoever he is that bothered me, seems to be an F class student too, which I can understand why he seems to be acting like I was trying my best to enter, when in… I shouldn't point out such obvious things.

"Yeah, I tried my hardest… unfortunately I am only average… in normal schools, it would be fine, but since entering this school is a dream of mine, then I guessed that I need to work harder huh…"

I said so and he looked at me silently for a second…

"I don't think average students can have this smart demeanor of yours…"

He said so in disbelief. {... Tch…}

"Hoho, whatever do you mean?"

I asked like I didn't have any clue at all.

"It's just that, the way you act, and the way you say things which are clearly clear, yet hiding something is telling me that you probably lowered your scores in some subject, and I'm pretty sure that you are good at… English."

"... No I'm not, what could have suggest such a thing to be true, my good sir?"

I said so sarcastically, and he looked at me confusedly.

"... Tch, I can't tell if you said that sarcastically or not… anyway, my name is Reid, Reid Crosseit, nice to meet ya!"

"I'll introduce myself once more then for formalities. My name is Reds Rafael, nice to meet you, Reid Crosseit."

I said so while smiling gently…

And as minutes passed, this pointless evenf was now over and we get to leave this theater room.

"Hey, hey, Red!"

"Red? Hmm, what's it, Reid?"

I asked Reid as to why he called me.

"Why don't we do a tour? The guide did say to familiarized ourselves in this school right?"

"Yeah, I doubt trusting the guide with a map is a sure way not to get lost, isn't it?"

I said so in a sense that implies that we would get lost… {the first day of the school is technically not even a day you have to study, therefore students are fine to do anything here, as long as they're following the school's rule.}

And suddenly-

"Then how about I give you two a tour?"

I heard a voice coming from a girl and looked at to who has said it… it was a green haired girl, her hair is short, and she seems to be kinda boyish, yet somehow also expresses some type of girlish aura… {...}

"Ah, sure! My name is Reid Crosseit, and this one is Reds Rafael. Nice to meet ya!"

"..."

I didn't say anything and just officially requested a duel to her.

"Uwah? What's this? An F class student challenging an E class student?"

What's a duel one might ask… and it's simple, it's where one student fights another student, using their scores they had from tests that they have dona. They use these scores to gamble or I say bet them and the one who wins takes the scores of the one who lose. It's a normal fight, where both participants get a weapon of their liking, and I, am a normal person, so I choose a sword. This system seems to be here since 20 years ago.

"Seriously Red? I believe in ya!"

I hear encouragement from Reid.

"... I don't think I can-"

"The subject we will bet our scores in is Physical education, or PE, or CC, and I will bet 20 points."

I immediately said so and she looked at me in shock.

"... How did you know my best subject?"

She asked surprised… she seemed to be not hesitant to follow my request, yet she seemed to want to have a reason as to why I immediately knew her best subject. {Also if you have higher points, the more powerful the weapon you summon in the fight… so fighting one in their best subject is considered an action only foolish people would take, or something that would be done by brave people that likes challenge.}

"It's easy to guess, how unnaturally fast your reflex is, how you quickly move and most importantly of all… you're wearing a headband that only was get from students who had did well in a sport type of event."

I said so my reasoning and she seemed to be shocked that I realized all of that in just a few seconds that we are talking…

"Fine… and that's why, I win! I'll accept your formal challenge…"

We both distanced ourself 3 meters apart, after that… we need a way to start the fight, and to do so…

Her weapon was a bow.

"Miss E class is betting 20 points, while Red is betting 20 points too in the subject of PE. Who will win? That I don't know!! Now, start the battle!!"

I immediately rushed forward and pointed the sword art her neck, which caused her to be surprised and she took distance and drew her bow, but she was a bit too slow as I was close to her once again and I got the normal wooden sword close to her neck.

"I win."

And as a hologram said that I win has appeared in front of me, the sword in my hand vanished and I got her points, which is 20, now my total score is now 260. There are 6 subjects in this school, and I score 40 in all them, which is average as the highest score is 80 per subject… there's a test every month, and your total score can go above 1000, with the limit of 99,999 total score, which is a lot… {and if say, you have 40 at all subjects, and got another 40 in the next test, then you have 80 now in that subject… this is fair as everyone's score does go up this way, making it at the end of the year, everyone would be having thousands of score… good thing I am the first top at swordsmanship at Middle school.}

"Whoa… immediately defeating one that is higher ranked than you… ah… Red, are you sure you're F class?"

"Yes."

I said so without hesitation as I left the place. {Scores can also be used to buy weapons that isn't affected by higher score= more damage formula, but these types of weapon are only usable in duels and they deal fixed damage + your subject score… They are also expensive, but technically these are good enough to ignore the downside that having less score in any subject would mean your overall HP would be lower… you can tank more hits the more scores you have in any subject after all, so scores are basically your… HP too… This is why Scores are power here… everything revolves around it.}

0