5
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A new day today… it's raining… real… real badly… tch, it's a sudden downpour, and it's strong enough to suspend school for today.

"... Hmm… should I just play games till I sleep?"

… No wait, I don't think I can do that… and I was hoping to add the wind stones into our weapons today too… I would pay my excess Magic scores for it, but unfortunately, shops wouldn't be opened in this type of days and the school won't be open on such a strong rain that one could even felt how cold it is…

"*Sigh*... Such a pain."

I opened my phone and grabbed my controller…

"... I'm gonna play till I sleep, I guess today."

Next day.

"... I'm starting to realize that I am always waking up at 5 even though I sleep at 10… I wonder what's wrong with me…"

I muttered to myself as I soon prepared for school…

"Hey, Red! Did you eat breakfast today?"

"Hmm… yeah, I ate some leftover pizza."

QI said so proudly while Reid looked at me like I'm doing something wrong…

"Hey, Red… I know you're kinda a bit lazy, but still, eating correctly is important. Otherwise your combat abilities may worsen overtime."

"Eh it doesn't matter… that aside…"

I made a pause for a second.

"I have some normal quality wind stones that my mother gave me. Why don't we upgrade our very first weapons? Oh, well, I guess you do need to buy a weapon for yourself, but… I doubt-"

"There are 2 daggers that cost 150 scores each right? In the class war… I stolen at least 400 points, so I'm fine wasting 75% of it!"

"You… sure about that?"

"I mean those things have a fixed damage of 60, no matter how you look at it, they're good weapons at this moment."

"... Good for you, being positive about all of this."

I muttered so as I accepted what he was saying and just like that, we already made a plan for today. {Each upgrade costs 100… and he has to upgrade two weapons, therefore he has to use 200 scores in order to upgrade two of his weapons… hmm… that be a minus, I have to stop that.

Lunch time.

"Okay! It's lunch… and unfortunate for both of us, we didn't… let's go to the weapon shop."

"Umu."

I agreed.

*Step, step, step*

And we entered the weapon shop.

"Welcome! Oh it's the one who bought my failed product…"

"... It's not a failure when it works."

I retorted as Reid then grabbed what he was seeking for.

"That's 300 scores, deduct yourself some- whoah, that's quick!"

He already bought it.

"Hey, Reid, you should have some of my extra points."

I touched Reid's hand and gave him 108 scores in Magic.

"I don't need it."

I continued as I then materialized my wooden sword.

"Miss, can you slot these wind stones into our weapons?"

I said so as I shown three normal quality wind stones.

"Can you let me breathe for a second? You're talking too fast for something I don't… *sigh*..."

And after I wasted 100 scores in Magic and Reid wasted 100 scores in Magic and 100 scores in Math, we got our weapons upgraded and we left the weapon shop.

"Hey, Red, want to fight?"

"... You're gonna get bullied."

I said so and agreed to the duel.

*... Time transition.*

"0 bet."

I said so as I materialized my sword…

"Let's go!"

He rushed towards me with both his daggers already in his hands, and I immediately did a slash, trying to stop him from getting too close, but he made a wind shield in front of me and stopped my action, but I, just covered the edge of the wooden sword with wind…

"Something that can be done… it makes you deal 2 hits per one hit. one with the coating, and secondly, the sword itself. I wonder why I'm telling you though."

Ahahaha, I then dashed forward, destroyed a wind shield that appeared in front of me as I then summoned a wind knife and threw it at him, he avoided my attack by jumping over me, and I summoned a wind blade behind me which hit him, and caused him to take 130 damage.

"We both can lose in 2 hit… well I would lose in one hit, you would lose in 3, but the difference is not that big."

I summoned 6 wind blades and quickly shot them all out, but he made 2 wind shields to protect himself and I rushed forward, trying to end the game and just slashed him once with my sword, causing him to take 120+120 damage.

"Seriously… it doesn't matter if you know how to make shields, if you don't know how to attack with magic, then you're only using half of its potential."

"... Yeah I know, look at this!"

A wind blade appeared in front of me, and it flew towards me, and I crouched to avoid it.

"Hey! You do know that one can only take no damage when there's a duel or some special circumstances right? If that had hit me, then I would be bleeding right now."

I pointed out as I dematerialized my wooden sword.

"... I didn't think of that. Anyway Red! Let's- tsk"

"Eh?!"

Did I heard Reid click his tongue? What for?

*Clap, clap, clap*

I heard a very loud clap alerting me of someone. It was Risa…

"Can you not? I am not okay."

I said some words that didn't made sense, and she summoned a rapier… what the…

"Oh no…"

That rapier had a high quality fire stone in it… were very dead here…

"..."

She made an official duel to both of us at the same time…

"Fine, as long as there's no bets."

I said so and summoned my wooden sword.

"Hey, Red, I'm taking this as a lesson."

Reid said so as he sighed and then summoned both of his daggers…

"I don't know your reasoning, but you both shouldn't be at F-class. Reds Rafael can exist in B class just fine, while Reid Crosseit can be in B class too, I wonder why both of supposedly prodigies are in low ranks?"

She asked a pointless question as her rapier started to burn… {that makes it deal twice damage effectively…}

"Me? I'm not smart, I'm only good at combat." 

I said so…

I coated my sword with wind magic and Reid also did. 800 HP… vs 240 plus 354 HP… were losing in this… and the subject she took is…

"Science."

Oh that's fine, Reid is at least average in that subject.

"Let's see… hey Reid…"

"Yes, Red?"

"Cast 2 wind blades and quickly shoot it."

"Okay!"

I made 2 wind blades and shoot them 0.5 seconds earlier than when Reid summoned them, and I then quickly rushed forward and hit her with my sword, but I was set ablaze, causing me to immediately lose all my HP…

"... I got hit 3 times… what?..."

"... It was a scripted loss, Red. I know this-"

I saw Risa disappear from my vision and she hit Reid three times, causing his HP to drop to 0 while her HP dropped to 770… {it lowered when she did something?... That's good information I could take advantage off… special attacks that deal a lot of hits, but also reduces your HP a little to balance it out… this is a bit too good of an information…}

And after she had won, she left us lying on the floor…

"Prodigy? You?"

I asked a question to Reid.

"... It's in the past… I was kinda known for being great using Daggers… so it was what I specialized in… but even still, that doesn't make me better now, does it?"

"... I doubt people can win against her. Seriously, she beat us, 2 to 1!"

I sighed soon after I said that…

"... Also… also this… Uggh… dammit…"

I lightly cursed before I stood up and calmed down…

"We should go back, lunch is 10 minutes before it's over."

I said so and I saw Reid immediately jump off the fence.

"! Hey if you're gonna do that-"

I jumped off too. I made a wind platform to cushion both of our fall and I then continued to run towards the cafeteria.

"Then make sure to cast magic!"

I continued what I wanted to say as I ran.

*...

*...*

…*

"... 30 seconds before class begins once again, huh."

I said so.

"... It's a coincidence, and luckily we were able to buy some sandwiches today too!"

"... It's a shame that we had to eat them while running though, kinda makes it hard to eat."

I said so as I looked at the teacher who was lecturing us something…

Class is over.

"... Yeah…"

I stretched my body as I closed my eyes…

"Red! Don't sleep, I need you to be friends with the class president!"

"...... Mmn?... Umu."

I agreed with what he said and moved my mentally tired body and talked to Detrid.

"Hello, class president…"

"You're?"

"My name is… Reds Rafael, your assassin yesterday you might say."

"?! I see! Thanks for your help! T-the plan wouldn't have worked out without you."

He stuttered?

"No, I'm here to apologize, making a move before you ordered me. I'm terribly sorry for that."

"N-no no, it's fine! But next time you should tell me first your ideas, Reds."

"You could call me Red, I won't mind… and I'm-"

"Don't be like that Red, aren't I also involved in our plan? I am the one blocking things that are the enemy in the math field, while you go and finish the fight quickly."

"... A rather simple plan, but something that worked out… a plan that would only work cause both of you believe in your own abilities would surpass the score difference the enemy has over you. I'm seeing you both in a new light now… you're one of our most valuable classmates here!"

His eyes changed… he seemed to be looking at our worth instead of ourselves…

"Sir, I know this sounds rude and all… but, do remember that we're humans and not pawns."

I pointed out something which caused him to be out of his act and he became normal once again.

"Ah! S-sorry! I just am that way when strategy and planning is involved… A-anyway, I need both of your numbers as communication while in a class war is important, and for convenience too."

We both accepted his proposal and gave him our phone numbers.

"Thanks! Now, I hope that we can do great things, Red, Reid!"

"Likewise!"

"Umu!"

I heard Reid whisper something to me.

"You should have been in sync with me… Anyway, let's go home!"

"Umu."

As Reid left the room, I then turned to Detrid.

"Let's talk a lot later, Rid."

I said so as I waved my hand to express farewell as I then continued to follow Reid who almost left me behind.

"Hey, hey, did you made a Nickname for the Class pres?"

"Umu! It's Rid… strangely enough, I think all of my first friends have nicknames like Reid and Rid though…"

"... You mean you didn't have friends before us?... Seriously, Red?!"

"Hmm, yes. But I have turned into a new self now."

I said so and we stopped the topic as we left the school.

"But seriously though, you don't seem to be the type of guy who is alone though…"

"Cause I'm not? I really just don't have friends due to the fact that they can't keep up with my abilities and are using me to increase their own scores, which is stupid… I can help you if I want to bother doing so, but don't assume you can force me to do it without a significant sacrifice."

"... Hey Red, life is important."

"?... Of course it is?"

I agreed with what he said.

"*Sigh*... For a smart person, you really lack normal values."

"... Okay?"

I agreed with what he said?

"... You probably wouldn't even get me… let's go home!"

"Umu."

{Although, one doesn't need to point that out.}

{…… I wonder, are days supposed to feel this fast? I don't get it, normally I would be bored while waiting for time to stop, I even had the ability to freely sleep just so that I can skip time… but since the day I met Reid, time seems to be fleeting… is it me developing "love" for Reid?... Hahahahahaha… not really. It's just friendship.}

"Uwaa… I just caught shivers, did you curse me?"

Reid seemed to asked me a pretty random question as we're walking.

"Well, not really. If I, of all people, curse you, then that's a ‘you’ problem now. Cause you do know that I only curse people who are universally bad."

"Like Risa?"

"Umu- Hey!! What are you making me say!?"

"So you do agree with me on that part."

"... Let's just quietly go home."

"...... Okay!"

"..."

I think I'm starting to question Reid's personality… What is he hiding? Cause I can feel how fake it is. {but that'd be bad to mention, so… I shouldn't.}

… I just hope that this question I didn't ask wouldn't bite me in my soul later.

0