8
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

… I slept… while… *Sigh*... No matter.

It was currently Saturday today, and that basically means I don't have to deal with school, which is usually good, except for when I'm trying to test out a hypothesis that I made… *sigh*...

"*Sigh*..."

I left my bed.

And quickly opened the window as I then got over the other side and quickly summoned a dagger, attached a magic string into it, a string that is so thin that it's hard to see, and one special thing that the string I have is that, these can get more durable when you add mana into it, something that is required to cast spells… the reason why casting is mentally costly in the first place is due to the mana cost it requires your body, and while it isn't a lot… using like roughly 70% of it will make you have 50% of fainting already… but not many magic spells take up that much mana anyway.

I added the mana into the string and quickly threw the dagger upwards and quickly skipped over some roofs as I hit a flying Box that is moderately durable and I let it carry me and I dropped off after a minute.

"... As long as no one seen that, then I guess I wouldn't be caught."

I muttered to myself as I quickly drew the magic string back to it's specific pocket that I drew it from.

And just like that, I quickly did a fast travel… I mean I quickly got to my desired destination using my new equipment and my magic strings that I use for magic tricks.

"... Did you-"

I quickly made a random bystander that had seen me to lose consciousness as I then walked away like nothing had happened.

"As I said, no seeable witnesses."

I then quickly left.

*Step, step, step*

As I reached my destination, I quickly entered the shop I'm supposed to be entering… "AstriLight" that's the name of the shop, it's a shop that sells weapons… and uh, etc.

*Ring*

"Welcome to our-... Oh it's Red!"

A cheerful and energetic girl greeted me, her name was… Stiletto. I don't know.

"What are you doing here?"

She asked me.

"Well, I'm here this time in order to use some of my money, I'm here to buy some magic equipment."

I said so as I showed a card to her which was an Ace of spades, but then I quickly crumpled it and as I show it again by fake uncrumpling, it became a King of clubs.

"... How does one do that anyway?"

"Beats me, a magician should never tell their secrets anyway."

I made an excuse as to why I can't explain the magic trick as it's in fact… 2 cards are used in this trick… I crumpled the Ace of spades, and then I quickly used my hand that was holding the card to move it to my sleeves as I grabbed another card that was in my sleeve, doing a switch of cards. Although this is impractical, I guess it's fine as a fool's trick, as it's so impractical and so easily seen that it is hidden quite well.

Anyway, I entered the room of the shop owner.

*Kerchak*

"Greetings."

The shop owner briefly greets me… his name is Atleus Leu, and as always, he wears a black and wears this white coat with hoods that seems to have cat ears on them… ("Atleus in Sword Angel, yes nya.")

"I wanted to meet you over this."

I summoned a dagger and threw it towards him, and he easily grabbed the dagger without even hesitating to do it.

"I see. I can already tell what you're trying to ask so I should answer it for you. These daggers are many weapons in my Bag that has a lot of space, infinite even, one might say, just like that wallet that I gave you for your last birthday."

… {How did he know what I'm trying to ask? Is it apparent when… no, I shouldn't bother thinking about this.}

"... Umu. So for now, I guess that's all, and also, can I buy a card deck plus some needles?"

I asked.

"Here. Both are free this time as no one really uses magic tricks anymore… I know it's quite bad."

2 items then teleported in his table like it was nothing… {he is quite powerful being able to teleport items to him easily… I wonder why he made this shop…}

"You know how to do magic tricks?"

I asked a question that he still didn't answer.

"... Hmm, not really. I'm a Mage, not a magician, but I guess I know a simple trick…"

He showed me a deck, and he shuffled it, followed by him drawing the top card. It was the Ace of spades.

"What are you-"

And the Ace of spades quickly fragmented into multiple pieces and I quickly grabbed those pieces, but then it reconstructed itself, creating a King of clubs…

"... You know I can't do that right? Too much work in order to do something that can be done by switching two cards."

I said so as I threw the King of clubs and as I grabbed it once more, it became an Ace of spades.

"Both of us are cheating with magic… you actually did a teleport between too of them. I commend you for actually being able to do that, and the distance is short so it's okay for you to do that, so I guess it's fine for your head huh… anyway, you can leave now, nya."

"Farewell."

I said my farewell and quickly left the store soon after…… {how did he know that the trick was a switch using a teleport spell? Well, to be fair I did mention it… and that just shows how I'm not that great at magic, as… I can only teleport 2 cards at a time to swap them, not even a real teleport… it's technically called a Switch spell if it's like that.}

"... *Sigh*... Maybe I should learn next time how to do real magic tricks… cause a teleport trick isn't really fair."

I muttered to myself as I quickly rushed forward and avoided a dialogue trigger as I then rolled and quickly hidden myself over a wall.

"... So this is the shop right? I'm sure that bastard is still here and-"

I quickly threw 3 daggers and killed two people as I then quickly ran away and I looked up, and luckily, there is something that I can use to travel faster… a delivery pad. I threw a summoned dagger that I quickly attached a magic string into and I quickly escaped.

*Flying, flying, flying*

I dropped down cleanly as I then stood up, I quickly dusted my clothes.

"Now everything is back to normal… except for the people I killed today, but dying is normal in a world where people die."

{Yes, I do make a good point. People die when they die, that's the way that it should be.} I complimented myself. 

… Ah, I should stay home before I get targeted here… should I visit mom? It would normally be a 6 hours run, and I doubt I can run that long, but there is something that could help me that is always flying around.

"There."

I threw a summoned dagger connected to a magic string and hitched a ride to one of the delivery pods that seems to be going to the direction I was seeing it go.

3 hours later… uggh, my left arm is kinda a bit numb due to such actions… I safely dropped down as I then got to the main gate.

"This is an order to you… gates.. open."

"Understood, master Reid."

The gate let me passed and I quickly used a hover board that was left in the right side of a corner in the gate that is usually used by me and this hoverboard is a board that lets one quickly move around with as long as they can control mana and control the movements of the board itself. Going forward is you put my weight in your foot that it's in the front, and going backwards is now putting weight in the back, going left is by controlling the mana so that it will enter corner and put weight on left front in order to corner left and right is the same except everything that is left is right, got it, now…

I quickly avoided a fountain and after a few seconds later, I entered the big house that mother usually stays in.

*Ring*

I quickly put the hoverboard beside the shoe racks. And just asked a random passing servant as to where mother is. And their answer was in the living room. {Mother isn't in her room… that's kinda weird, but I understand, although only a little.}

I quickly run to the living room and as I seen her, I quickly catched my breath and said my greetings.

"Hello… mom…"

"My dear… you shouldn't run here, you might accidentally slip. And I doubt you would want that to happen now."

What she had said shows concern, yet her tone seems to be not showing concern, like she doesn't care about what happens… {it's a tone that I don't understand why she always have.}

"You look confused there, my dear, what are you confused about? You can ask your me that's right here."

"Your tone."

I asked bluntly.

"Ah that? Don't worry about it, my dear. All I know is that you already have this problem too. Anyway, so dear, why are you here?"

{I already have that problem… when… I don't remember such times, or maybe it's something that is natural enough for me that I can't tell unless someone points it out? Hmm, that does make sense… but so what if it does? I can't stop something that's been hardcoded into me.} My thoughts are quick yet my answer is slow.

"I'm just visiting mom… it's fine… right?"

My voice is different, it shows a timid me instead of the me who is confident, yet that's only because mother is scary.

"Of course it's fine! When is it not fine, my dear? But… you- tsk!"

{This feeling of foreboding…} I quickly summoned a dagger and redirected a flying dagger to only almost hit me, as supposed to it actually hitting me.

"Great sense and great reflex. My dear, you're quite great."

"... Mom, that was scary… don't do it again, please…"

I pleaded to her as I then summoned another dagger and quickly used it to block another attack before I made a barrier around me using the Link stone in the two daggers to block 13 daggers almost hitting me. Those daggers are fake, yet I doubt I would want to get him by them.

*Clap, clap, clap*

"You saw through my trap, my dear. Quite completely too, so be a good boy and leave the… well, not like I have to say it when you already did it, my dear."

I left the room as I knew that the sense of foreboding came from the fact that she was sure that someone might be targeting her here and I quickly left, but before I do, I made a magic sword to the room using the link powers the Link stone has on a dagger I intentionally left there and just used it to hit someone there in somewhere. I then opened the window to the side and quickly left the place. {I summoned my hoverboard which fortunately has a link stone in it, but I can't use this in school as it is a tool that isn't allowed in the school. If I bought this at the school and then added a link stone, then it would be fine, but this is not made at school, therefore it's not allowed… and also I just want to use this. I might get rusty if I don't use it for more than 3 months.}

I quickly ride on my hoverboard and quickly caused it to overdrive, which caused it to quickly lift itself up, lifting me up in the process 10 meters high and I got over the wall that every big house has as I then quickly rolled to the floor to save myself as I got closed to the ground and then summoned it again and rode it again as I quickly escaped the home I don't want to be in for too long anyway. {... Can't even do my original purpose there. Might as well just go home… mother's always been targeted every time I try to meet her, and I even have doubts if it's staged or not… but… no way mother would endanger me just for something like that, right?}

Doubts are appearing in my mind, but I stopped having those temporarily as I continuously and skillfully evade people while using the hoverboard. {Need to focus, can't bother with doubts.}

0