Chapter 253 – Light
6 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Outside, the Demon Sealing Elders and the Disciples of the Demon Sealing Sect waited. They long wiped out all the Demonized humans, only Fletcher survived, but none of them knew that.

Suddenly, the sky was filled with light, rays burst forth from nowhere and dyed the sky.

One of the Demon Sealing Elders gasped. "The Sect Leader...is using that move? He was pushed enough to use his Innate spell?!"

Innate spell, all the Demon Sealing Elders had one, but none could compare to their Leader's. Very few people in history were gifted a Zenith spell from Heaven, the Demon Slaughtering Celestial was one of the few.

You would think he would be unstoppable with this spell, but the Beast Master Sect Leader also had one, one more powerful than his own.

With the Demon Slaughtering Celestial's loss came regret, and resentment towards the heavens.

Why were they so biased, giving some cultivators amazing spells while others got dirt? Why were the heavens so harsh?

No one knew. But all the Elders understood one thing, to never provoke someone with a Zenith Level Innate spell, even if they're in the growth stage.

Why? Because such a spell could destroy the heavens themselves.

...

Cain was blinded by layers of light creating a cage of chains around him. The cage stretched far into the distance, he would have no way of making it to the edge, not even if he teleported over and over.

The light became even brighter, light blades flew out, but not towards Cain, but the cage.

Ring Ring Ring

Light bounced off the cage into smaller pieces, so small Cain couldn't see them. The light became dimmer and dimmer until he could see clearly, but Cain could no longer see the light that bounced off the cage.

Suddenly, he saw a line in his vision.

It was too late.

Cain screamed, the pain he felt was too great, shattering his concept of pain entirely. His eyes narrowed to where he was hit, he saw his finger was severed.

It was then he realized why he felt such pain.

'My soul was attacked!'

He could already sense them, the millions of lines spanning across his back, ready to pierce him.

The Demon Slaughtering Celestial laughed madly, "This is what someone chosen by Heaven can accomplish! This is the power to remove you entirely from the world, one piece at a time! Become nothing, become oblivion!"

Lines moved, but Cain couldn't process them. His screams echoed as they entered and exited his body like arrows. They sunk in his flesh and then sunk further, causing even his soul to falter.

This awoke another, someone who was supposed to be asleep.

(Ah! Make it stop! What the hell!)

Since he was in deep slumber, the other half of Cain's soul was overshadowed by the other, protected. This meant he felt less pain, and less frequently. But this didn't mean it wasn't painful.Β 

"Shut up and go to sleep, I'll deal with this!"

Cain roared as a severed arm removed from him a moment ago exploded into red. His entire body followed before he was a cloud of red mist.

"What kind of move is this? Are you finally showing your demonized form? Good!" The Demon Sealing Sect Leader laughed louder and ramped up his attacks.

Even as mist, Cain was getting damaged, it was even worse than before, mist reflected light more than his skin did.

But he needed to do this, his soul was more spread out and he could separate the parts of him reflecting the light. However, this left him with barely any mist to use, yet it was enough to use a killer move that would guarantee him victory.Β 

'Distort!'

The core in Cain's body and soul activated as a formless force moved him before his opponent.

"Die!" The mist entered the orifices of the Light Bearer, and everything then went black.

...

Zhu Huan woke up in blood. Alarmed, he tried to stand. Abruptly, bloody hands sprung from below and tried to keep him down. He fought the hands off and was able to stand.

He found himself in a world of red, in the sky was a single red eye burning like a sun, it was looking down and basking him in its glow.

"Where am I?"

A chuckle resounded, "The place you will die in."

Cain manifested before Zhu Huan. However, he was different now. He was wearing a black extravagant cloak and his skin was soft and white, his hair clean and silky, reaching down to his waist.

However, his eyes remained the same, blood red and filled with life, holding a battlefield of despair inside them.

"What did you do? Is this some illusion, your innate spell?" Zhu Huan asked.

"Afraid not. No more questions, just die."

The bloody water evaporated into a miasma that formed a fog storm. Zhu Huan's eyes widened as he tried to use his harness souls, but none of them worked.

"Just what did you do?!" Rage and indignation filled him, he understood he was to die but he refused for it to end like this.

Suddenly, his eyes brightened as a field appeared around him. It was small, only covering himself, but as the miasma entered, lines appeared and destroyed the mist before it could reach him.

Cain clicked his tongue, "I suspected you might be able to do that. Zenith Spells seem more impressive than I first thought. I'll still devour you though."

Zhu Huan was shaken and confused, he could only helplessly defend against the wave of red, attack after attack.

Waiting patiently, only until a mass amount of lines appeared did Cain act. 'Now! Distort!'

A formless power struck the cage and the lines inside it, as they passed through their master they changed. Zhu Huan screamed as tens of lines passed through him to destroy the miasma. He fell to the floor as Cain reeled back his attacks.

"To think the Demon Slaughtering Celestial would one day be burned by his righteous light. Are you perhaps a demon yourself?" Cain mocked.

Coughing up blood, Zhu Huan shook uncontrollably, "What did you do? What did you do to me!"

Even if he was a renowned figure, he was in a situation he wasn't in control, facing something he didn't understand. Even unbreakable wills would start to show some wear and tear.

Cain didn't answer, chuckling as he continued.

Zhu Huan would try to stop his light from piercing himself, but Cain sent mass amounts of miasma causing Zhu Huan to cause himself damage more and more each time to defend. He would roll around in blood suffering from unbearable pain before subjecting himself to it all again.

His body grew weaker and the cage defending him flickered more and more. Zhu Huan could do nothing, if he let the mist touch him he would become Cain's to devour, if he kept defending himself he would destroy his soul.

He was becoming more fearful of death as well.

"Stop! Please, we can talk this out. Just stop all this, please! I beg you!" He resulted to begging.

Cain smiled while slowly opening his mouth to reply.

"No."

Zhu Huan's heart dropped as rage filled him, he was going to die; it was already a fact. But even so, he had the resolve to die on his terms.

"Bastard! I'll kill you!"

The cage of light expanded as it flickered, capturing Cain inside. Thousands of lines appeared as they struck Cain. The mastermind could do nothing as he disappeared in an instant from the light.

"Huff...Huff.....At least I succeeded." Zhu Huan panted, cracks outlining his body became apparent as pieces slowly fell off.

His soul was dissipating.

"Do you think so?" A chuckle came from behind him.

Zhu Huan turned to see Cain behind him reaching out his hand. The hand turned into a massive horrifying mouth that swallowed Zhu Huan whole. His shrill scream was cut off before it could end.

"Unfortunately most of his memories are fractured or broken, all I got was some information about his sect and his mannerisms."

Cain sighed. "You can come out now, Grand Demon of Desire."

1