Chapter 257 – Beast Master Sect
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Out of all the Sects in the Spirit Lands, the Beats Master Sect was one of the strangest.

Existing the longest other than the Ravaging Ghost Sect and Immortal Sect, the Beast Master Sect was created from a Fusion Stage Master who took one of the two routes of Fusing.

Once a cultivator reaches the Fusion Stage, they can fuse one of two ways.

One method was suppressing the harnessed souls and devouring their power, keeping the soul the same. The other method was mixing with all the souls or a singular powerful one and becoming one being.

The latter method is not just a fusion of power but psyche. The result creates an entirely new existence using the minds of the Cultivator and the Souls.

In the case of the founder of the Beast Master Sect, they took the latter option, fusing their mind with their most powerful soul while devouring the others. The soul they fused with was a hundred-eyed heavenly monkey.

This mythical creature was known for seeing past heaven and having the best foresight and prophesizing abilities out of all the Mythical creatures.

Becoming a cultivator of both a human and monkey, the sect founder had many strange habits, but they were a highly respected person. Their foresight trumped many enemies of the sect even in the future, but their sight could only reach so far.

The last plan that the founder used to trump an enemy was used over a millennia ago, the Beast Master Sect has since found itself in murky waters.

Over the years it slowly declined, and one internal dispute after another sped up the sect's destruction.

However, no one expected that a genius would rise in the sect's ranks, quelling the internal fire and reaching the Fusion Stage in less than one hundred years.

The current sect leader was the shining star of his generation. And today, the Sect Leader of the Beast Master Sect would prove why he was such a genius, attacking not just one of the Great Evil Sects, but all of them.

...

Cain was relaxing in a garden as the sound of footsteps resounded all around him. They were rushed and panic-stricken footsteps.

'So it's finally starting. Luckily I remembered reading about this event and even celebrating it with Ren He.'

'If my memory serves me, the Ravaging Ghost Sect was hit the hardest, having to lay low for a while, even until I came to this place. The Beast Master Sect Leader personally attacked one of their secret locations in the Dominion's capital. This caused the Ghost King to leave the Sect which will be my queue to take action.'

Cain's information held, not an hour later, the earth shook as a massive aura left the sect like a shooting star. Twenty minutes later, Tao Meili came bursting into the garden with Xiaowen behind her.

"Hubby, there are some problems, I'll bring you and Xiaowen to the underground shelter."

Cain snickered while he thought, 'You mean the underground prison. You can't have me joining the fight. It would be best to keep me where you can see me. Unfortunately, I have other plans.'

He put on the face of a loving husband.

"My wife, I first need to get something I left in our bed-chamber. It's extremely important to solving my problem."

Tao Meili's face lit up. "You have a way to solve your problem? Why didn't you say anything?!"

Cain grinned, he was brimming with mystery, "Follow me."

...

The three entered a bedroom, Cain went over to the nightstand while his "wife" and "son" were right behind him. He made sure the two were not next to each other but Tao Meili was instead holding Xiaowen.

'Of the easiest tricks in the book, near the top will always be when you're enemy doesn't suspect you.'

Acting like he took something from the drawer, Cain straightened his back and turned to the two behind him.

"You found it hubby? What is it?" Tao Meili was curious about what strange object could affect a Tier 9 Demon.

"This." Cain's right arm tore through space.

Swoosh!

Squelch!

Blood dripped before becoming a small stream, covering the floor below their feet. Tao Meili was in shock, Cain's arm was through her and her son's chest. The young child died instantly.

"Y-You, what...." She looked at Cain but then she became even more confused.

Cain's eyes were blank, his face warped in horror with his mouth wide open, he tried to utter something but failed each time. Tao Meili noticed tears as they mixed with her blood on the floor.

"What's going on? W-Why is my hand in your chest? Why is Xiaowen....why is Little Xiaowen covered in blood!"

Zhu Huan tried to remove his hand but his wife winced in pain, causing him to stop. He was panicking, he didn't know what in the world was going on.

In his head, a downright evil voice entered his mind.

(You did this Zhu Huan, you killed your child and now you're going to kill you're wife as well!)

Zhu Huan screamed in terror, his entire body trembling.

Tao Meili was becoming more and more despondent, the blood loss was causing dizziness. She had no harnessed souls meant for healing, the wound inflicted by Cain was fatal unless an outside source healed her.

"No! Why is this happening, no no no no no! This has to be a dream, right?"

Zhu Huan might of been a powerful cultivator, but he was also a father and a husband. He couldn't handle killing his own family. His screams and weeps continued. Throughout this time he would try to pry his hand out of his wife but each time she would groan in pain. Zhu Huan didn't wish to hurt her so he entered a cycle of waiting and moving his hand, his mind focused only on this.

If calmness was present in the Demon Slaughtering Celestial, maybe he could have saved his wife, but he wasn't.

In the end, Tao Meili uttered no words, the shock of her charmed slave ruined her mind, her confusion seeing Zhu Huan just as bleak as her, wavering her resistance.

At that point, when Zhu Huan moved his arm, the two corpses slid off without much resistance.

"Hah...ah....Ahhh!" Zhu Huan couldn't handle it anymore, he took his hand and tried to rip his throat out.

But before that could happen, his eyes turned cloudy and became red a second later. He lowered his arm and then stretched while looking at the change in his body.

"Saving Zhu Huan's memories went well. Keeping them allowed me to transfuse them to my other self, and then all I had to do was let him in control for a moment, with the memories overloading his mind! He thought he was Zhu Huan, giving me the necessary emotions for refining an Evil Spirit!"

Cain's right arm had an evil aura, no doubt the refinement succeeded.

'Tier 8 Evil Sword Spirit! My hypothesis was correct!'

0