Act 14: Shopping Date and an Angry Cat
60 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     It was now finally past noon, we spent roughly a few hours at Kianna and Lugh’s Bakery discussing the salvaging of the wreckage which we agreed was 2 days after tomorrow.

 

     We gave our goodbye to Lugh and Kianna whom stayed back at the bakery albeit Sora walked the route opposite to ours. The sun shined quite brightly and we had the rest of the days to ourselves.

“Itsuki, let’s go to the market nearby and get new weapons and tools.” Hotaru suggested while walking like an excited kid.

 

“I don’t really mind shopping for a few stuff, but how come your all excited about shopping?”

 

“Well~ you could say it’s a date~” She smugly teased.

 

“Whatever you say Princess.” I acted nonchalantly.

 

“Squaaaaaaaawwwwkkkk!!!! Those breadcrumbs were goood!!!!”

 

     Nugget yelled from inside Hotaru’s bag after she passed out from overeating.

 

“Hotaru, please remind me to only buy breadcrumbs once every 3 weeks, I don’t think I can handle Nugget’s yelling daily.” I whined.

 

     Hotaru giggled before agreeing.

 

“Squaaaaaaaawwwwkkkkk MEANIEE~~~!!!!!” Nugget yelled again.

 

     We agreed to go shopping at the nearby market together. The real reason I didn’t mind shopping was because It was my turn to buy new clothes and so I could Invite her to join me on having drinks with Ms Kei.

 

     We arrived at the market after 12 minutes of walking, so we finally started shopping in the nearby stalls, we first bought 2 new pairs of cutlass sabers for both of us and salvaged the old ones, then bought 4 small boxes of ammunition for our flintlock pistols. We then bought new clothes for both of us to wear including new shirts, coats, jackets, pants, shoes, socks and hats. This shopping date was going really well.

 

“Hey Hotaru, would you like to join me on a date at the tavern tomorrow? I calmly said while lost in thought.

 

“Uh-” Her eyes widened and jaw dropped lightly before pausing from walking.

 

“Hm….. Why isn’t she responding?” I was lost in thought, only for the realization to sink in.

 

     I quickly turned around to see her dumbfounded, fidgeting and trembling while Nugget got out of her bag and sat on her shoulder.

 

“Oh- Right, It’s not a romantic date, I was invited by my boss to accompany her to the Ragnivindr tavern, I was curious if you wanted to come with.” I explained calmly holding back my embarrassment.

 

“I- Uh.. Ummm Sure we can.” She said in a very relieved voice.

 

     The awkward atmosphere finally subsided, we continued walking until we heard a familiar voice, a very angry familiar voice.

 

“OI! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU’RE ALL OUT OF THE BEEF RIBS AND LEGS!?”  Yelled by the familiar person.

 

     We saw someone that looked like Nagisa but he was very muscular, but only a bit taller than Nagisa. He didn’t have a shirt but only a jacket with ripped sleeves and pants. He shared a golden blonde hair and red eyes, and his body has a lot of scars and scratches. This was Nagisa’s Older brother, Caesar. Unlike Nagisa who was very feminine and submissive and breedable, Caesar was very “Manly, Dominant and does the breeding.”

 

     We met him a few days after moving into the Polar star inn, he was very loud and argumentative. Needless to say he was fun to be around.

 

“Should We stop him from escalating his predicament?” I whispered to Hotaru.

 

“No. Let him finish.” Hotaru and Nugget both disagreed because they both seemed to be amused by what Caesar is doing.

“Sigh…..” I reluctantly agreed to not interfere.

 

“OI!!! HAVEN’T CAESAR ALREADY RESERVED THE BEEF RIBS AND LEGS A FEW DAYS IN ADVANCE!?” Caesar yelled at the Butcher.

 

“Okay you’re right this is very entertaining.” I snickered while Me, Hotaru and Nugget all decided to take a seat on the bench nearby to watch the chaos.

 

     Caesar continued to argue with the shopkeepers until they agreed to reserve his orders for the next time he comes by to shop, or else he would use their bones as a bracelet. Needless to say we had our fun. But it didn’t take long for Caesar himself to spot us eating parfait nearby.

 

“Oi Haven’t seen you 2 in a while! Hows Nagisa?” He whispered loudly while walking to us and We shook his hands.

 

“It’s been quite busy at the inn lately but Nagisa has been working really hard as ever and even hired 3 new people to help us in working.” Hotaru explained.

 

“Aye, Anyway are you 2 heading back hand over those stuff, Caesar will carry them for you.”

 

     He was right we did shop a lot today and we ended up taking longer to get home than intended. Despite Caesar’s loud personality he is a very reliable and kind person.

4