Chapter 3: Regroup
44 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“It seemed like the sun was about to start going down soon” I pointed out to my team.

 

“Well we did took a while hunting our bounties.” Hakura followed up.

 

“Yeah and we really stalled fighting the dryosaurus…” Senko threw his 2 cents in the conversation.

 

     I was sitting in the wagon with the dryosaurus and agilisaurus corpse we hunted.

 

    Due to how much my health dropped during the encounter with the dryosaurus, I was essentially a sitting duck but fortunately my teammates didn’t wanted to burden me further.

 

“Are you guys gonna be able to pull the cart all the way across the stone bridge all the way to town? My health is no longer low, it’s about 60% replenished so i can help with tugging the wagon…”

 

“Sure, It’s less work for me!” Amber enthusiastically cheered.

 

“Aight scooch over to Senko and let me pull that side.”

 

“Huh why?” Amber questioned my motives.

 

“Because Senko is the physically strongest and you’re the physically weakest among us” Hakura joked!

 

“Wh-What!? NO FAIR! I’m the strongest here! B-But I guess it can’t be helped then…” Amber whined before moving to Senko’s side and I dropped down from the side and helped Hakura’s side.

 

    I activated my User interface to check up on my armor’s durability to show the team that my beginner armor was lower than 40% and that my heathpoints was just barely 64% of my max healthpoints.

 

“The dryosaurus really did a number on my healthpoints and armor durability…”

 

“So does this mean you will be having it be repaired or replaced back in town?” Amber curiously asked.

 

“I do plan to do that exactly, I’ll have it be salvaged and use abot 15% of our bounty’s profits for reinforced leather or something similar.” I sighed annoyed.

 

“Well then, how about We split in 2 groups once we get to town!” Hakura spoke up.

 

“Hm?” I was confused.

 

“Alright har me out, Senko and Amber will submit our bounty to the hunter’s guild and then they will meet up with us at the armory and we shall all split the bounty’s rewards 25% each!”

 

“Sounds good to me, but why split up when we can go for the bounty’s rewards first?”

 

“Who knows~ It would just be more fun for us that way!”

 

     Hakura gave me a wink and smirk and which I just rolled my eyes on much to her annoyance.

 

     It took us around 25 minutes to go from the riverbank all the way to the town’s gate and another 15 minutes to actually cross the bridge because our “Bounty” was so heavy that it dragged us down so bad that we even had to start having Amber swat away the flies and mosquitos while the 3 of us kept dragging the wagon to the bridge and across it into the city’s safezone.

 

“That should not have taken us nearly an hour!”

 

     We were extremely tired and parked the wagon outside the town walls and sat down completely down for the count.

 

“Does anyone have any drinks on you right now?” Senko whined.

 

“It’s back in the apartment we stayed in! I didn’t know this was gonna drain us completely, just bear with it a little more, or we can just buy some from the nearby shops inside the town!” Hakura followed up on Senko’s request.

 

“That’s alright let’s just get our bounty submitted so we can get rewarded and lay down in the inn so we can safely log out of this tiresome game…” Senko quickly got up

 

“Right.” Amber followed and dragged both me and Hakura off the side.

 

“Log out that soon? You guys aren’t staying for the event later, where the players declares the town’s name!” Hakura questioned.

 

“It’s fine, both of us are completely drained from this misadventure, so You guys enjoy the festivities.” Senko seemed completely out of it while Amber was just ready to sleep her heart out.

 

“Alright leave the festivities attendance to us!” I happily said

 

     Instead of going with Hakura’s plan from earlier we instead submitted the bounty as a group to which we split the bounty’s reward of “180,000 worth Goru” which was this game’s currency to 45,000 equally between us 4.

 

“I guess our total bounty reward wasn’t as big as expected, but it’s not like we can just complain since were rookies…” Senko melancholically sighed.

 

“It’s fine once we get our allosaurus we will be rich!” I cheered.

 

“Right!”

 

     We then accompanied Senko and Amber back to the inn we were staying in to see them off, after that, Hakura and I will be alone, attending the name ceremony of the town later.

6