Chapter 5: Poachers
101 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     Our Stats were roughly equal, I had the higher base hp stat while Hakura had the higher base speed and def stats, but the due to the heavily damaged conditions of my armor meant that I wouldn’t last that long against multiple players that were ranging on the level 08 to level 12.

 

     But that doesn’t mean I couldn’t at least be of help and support to Hakura during her self assigned mission. 

 

Rin Yuuki:

  • Game name: Ryuki
  • Age: 17
  • Level: 04
  • Hp: 820
  • Atk: 280
  • Def: 265
  • Speed: 155

 

Sakura, Haruka:

  • Game name: Hakura
  • Age: 18
  • Level: 08
  • Hp: 810
  • Atk: 280
  • Def: 278
  • Speed: 160

 

     We began to focus our energy to our legs went to a position from the bridge.

 

“Are You ready for this?” Hakura asked with determination in her eyes.

 

“Yes I’am!” I happily responded

 

“Try to keep up then!” Hakura smugly said before immediately sprinting which caught me off guard.

 

    In a split second She had started sprinting from the town’s side of the long stone bridge towards the opposite wild area side of the bridge in order to stop the poachers that She wanted to bring to justice.

 

“Overconfident as ever!” I followed before sprinting too.

 

     The walk from one end of the bridge to the other earlier took us roughly 3 minutes but that was when we were only level 1, We were now both level 04 and level 08 respectively which meant Hakura sprinted across the bridge in less than half of 3 minutes while It took me a bit after her time.

 

     Hakura got to the end in a minute 10 seconds while it took me a minute 40

 

     Why the sudden shift in ground covered? Due to our hunts from earlier our stats increased, but we also gotten skill points to manually buff up the stats we desired, I dumped up 12 of my skill points into speed while the remaining 3 to atk.

 

Rin Ryuuki:

  • Game name: Ryuki
  • Age: 17
  • Level: 04
  • Hp: 820
  • Atk: 283
  • Def: 265
  • Speed: 167

 

“Amber’s overconfidence really starting to spread to you huh?” I sighed completely drained while Hakura was only a bit ruffled.

 

“I guess she is a good influence then, Well then let’s ambush them and take them out one at a time unless you wanna go in guns blazing.” Hakura explained before loading up her revolver and preparing her rapier.

 

“Let’s do the stealth way, My armor is just about dead at this point.”

 

     We started sneaking towards the camp, it was pitch black outside of town which meant we blended into the shadows.

 

“Put this on.” Hakura handed a kitsune mask before putting on her own kitsune mask

 

“Thank you.”

 

      We’ve both concealed our identity  with the kitsune mask and was now 18 meters away from the camp’s edge. We both went to a prone position and hid under the long grass and slowly crawled to the camp’s border, split up when we were 9 meters close and scouted around to see the dinosaurs they have hostage.

 

“How did players that ranged from level 8 to 12 captured these much dinosaurs, game is barely 2 weeks old.” I sent Hakura an in game text

 

“Well the game has released late for us by 2 weeks, it already released for the european and north american region by 3 weeks in advanced. So it’s likely some groups of players are already mid to high level and started poaching groups.” She replied.

 

     What she said was true, Kyoryu online released late in asia region and was early in european and american regions. The game only had 1 large shared server, so it wasn’t unlikely to see mid to high level players, the only real difference was the isles we spawned in.

 

     I then attached some leaves, grass and flowers all across my “damaged” armor in order to blend in further and to have even a little more defense between me and whatever weapon they had.

 

“Ready when you are.” I sent another message.

 

“Look to your right, their should be a tree 12 meters away.” Hakura responded.

 

     I saw her at the tree doing the same thing I did and fahsioned up some light armor made of plants and vegetations.

 

“I’ll snipe that level 8 player from this tree, you go pull his corpse deep in the long grass and get whatever armor or equipment you can get.” Hakura sent another message

 

“I’ll take you up on that offer.”

 

     When a player dies in game, they lose 25% of any farmable resources they have, then their corpse drops dead on the ground, “Obviously,” there is then a 5 to 25 second window for other players to try loot what they can out of the dead players inventory before it all teleports away when the player respawn.

 

     Naturally, We we’re gonna abuse that mechanic in order to give me a fighting edge over these poachers.

 

“I’m ready.”

 

      An arrow is suddenly flew past my direction and immediately went through a level 9 player’s head whom was separated from the camp to organize his belongings.

 

     That was my chance I made a light run towards the downed player, while the darkness and the vegetation clothing I had covered me as I dragged them into the long grass before I started looting their equipment.

 

     He had a reinforced leather breastplate, knee pads, elbow pads hand guards that protected his arms, the material reminded me of crododile leather.

 

“I looted his armor” I sent another message to Hakura before unequipping my damaged armor and equipping the one I looted.

 

“Good work, Now let’s get to business.”

 

     The camp had a large bonfire, and small lanterns as their only light sources meaning we can hide really well in the shade of darkness and flora.

 

     There was a total of 17 players in this camp left, there were large carts carrying cages of the dinosaurs they captured and the members of the group seem to not be on the most friendly terms together, as it’s more like their just a group with common goals, like mercenaries.

 

“Ryuki, heres our options.” Hakura texted a few ways to do this.

 

     The first one was to find a way to Distract, while we release the captured dinosaurs letting them cause chaos and carnage to their captors, the 2nd was stealthily kill them off one by one, the 3rd was go in guns blazing, which was the option I don’t want to do, the last one was stealthily kill off the poachers while also trying to release the captured dinosaurs.

 

“Option 4” I texted

 

“I’ll try to kill them off, you release the dinosaurs, there should be a key near their luggage.”

 

“We’re in this together, so dont carry the burden alone.” I responded

 

     I loaded my silenced pistol and shot one of the poachers whom were talking together which was intentionally to get their attention as I dove into the long grass before firing at another poacher whom were with 2 others.

 

“There’s SOMEONE HERE!! SEARCH FOR THEM!!” Their head honcho shouted as he equipped a large claymore.

 

     There were only 15 left, but now is the real challenge! The poachers geared up and started exploring the area while other scanned the area. Due to our flora and vegetation disguise, We blended right in even if noises could give us away.

 

     There was about 4 men that came to the direction near me, however…

 

     A fire cracker went off near the dinosaurs’ cage, specifically, the ones containing edmontonia, stegoceras, Neovenator, agitating the captured dinosaurs which took away the hunter’s attention away from me, that’s right Hakura took advantage of the opening I gave her to get these hunters to panic and scramble.

 

“Pretty ballsy move Hakura.”

 

     I then shot off the locks from the neovenator, cages using my pistol causing them to break loose, Alerting the hunters as they broke free and were ready to feast.

 

     Neovenator was a relative of Allosaurus, Mapusaurus, Carcharodontosarus and Giganotosaurus,  It is one of the best known theropod dinosaurs from the Early Cretaceous of Europe. It was about 7 to 8 meters long and around 10 meters tall or even higher.

 

      One of the neovenators roared as it pounced on 2 of the initially 4 hunters that were going toward me and chomped down on one their heads knocking away the other. While some of it’s brethren charged towards the main group of the poachers.

 

      In a brief moment screams and bloodshed were heard as the Neovenators were now having a fight to the death with the hunters while I blew our cover by revealing myself and released the coelophysis and edmontonia which started causing even more commotion leading to a domino effect! 2 hunter’s left.

 

     I then heard screams of bloody murder and fury as the poacher’s head honcho then man handled his last remaining man towards a group of neovenators, As he then ruthlessly crushed them by slamming his large claymore down on their body while the rest of the captured dinosaurs had now fled.

 

“So you’re the intruder, Did your parents not tell you to mind your business!?” the man shouted.

 

     He was 6 foot tall and was level 15, his armor was made of the fur of what looked like a sabertooth cat and scales of allosaurus.

 

“Yes they did, I just couldn’t let bastards like you ran lose!” I snapped back before shooting 3 more rounds at him!

 

      He immediately protected himself with his large claymore and dashed to my direction while I tried to keep firing to no avail, he slammed the blunt side of his large claymore on my body, I felt that the impact was barely mitigated by the armor I stole.

 

“Ryuki! Get out of there now!” Hakura shot multiple arrows at his direction, 3 pierced his back but he just tanked them like it was nothing.

 

“Damn… that was painful as hell…” I gasped for air as I shouted for Hakura to get out of here now.

 

     I felt my ribs shatter as I was flung towards a tree and Immediately got back up and fired 2 more rounds, one of which shot his ear off.

 

“Tenacious little shit huh!?” He yelled pissed before throwing his claymore right at me which only barely missed my head, I couldn’t move and I had my back up against the wall.

 

“I’ll tell you what punk, I’ll spare you, but you will work for me from now on, My men are all back at the base because of your stunt.

 

“I…. Re…. Refuse!!!!” I tried to tackle him but to no avail…

 

“Time to die.” The bastard whispered to my ear as he just grabbed my shoulders and slammed me to the tree around 4 times, My health was now in the low red…

 

     He was about to bash my head in but…. A hissing noise was suddenly around us.

 

     He turned his head only to see a neovenator he seemingly killed got up and was now behind him, the dinosaur got up because Hakura treated it’s wound and gave it just enough time to got up and properly move.

 

     “Look who’s out of options now!” I shouted and shot 2 rounds on his knees and abdoment causing him to drop me while the neovenator chomped down on his head!!!

 

     The bastard then tried to push off the the reptile however, Hakura shot an arrow on his kneecaps which caused him to lose balance as the Large Theropod finished him off, by chomping down on his guts infront of me.

 

“Can you walk?” Hakura reached out her hand for me.

“I don’t know…” I reached for it as We slowly walked back from this ruined campsite towards the town…

 

     We arrived at dawn and saw a large sign at the stone bridge saying 

“Welcome to Gunnhildr town.”

 

“We missed the town naming festival…” I muttered while we crossed the bridge.

 

“It’s alright, what’s important was we helped out those dinosaurs…” Hakura replied…

 

     The walk on the stone bridge took 10 minutes and we sat at the side of the gate again.

 

“Sorry for burdening you Ryuki…” Hakura said with some sadness in her eyes.

 

“It’s alright, just treat me to something delicious tomorrow.”

 

     I guess the “Best” Day of my life was also the most traumatizing, but that didn’t matter, I had my Friend by my side through it all.

4