Chapter 8 Going Solo
35 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Spending my entire morning with Kana has honestly reminded me of the times when we were in middle school, back then Senko was always with other boys while Haruka was Studying like always which meant it was always just us, You could say she was the person I was closest to in the group, Which then explains why I’m so tolerant of her and how she just drags me around all day.

Before We parted ways on the street she asked to always accompany her when We’re both free, I reluctantly agreed.

“Oh it’s finally time to log back in Kyoryu Online. I better enjoy my summer break with it.” My 2nd year of highschool has just recently ended.

The reason I mentioned this is that the devs of Kyoryu online specifically released the game during summer season which made it great for teens and gamers.

I put on the VR headset, lied on my bed and activated the device and then……

“Welcome, To Kyoryu Online player Ryuki.” said the game’s announcer as I logged in the starter town.

Once again I couldn’t help but appreciate the game’s wonderful cell-shaded art style.

“I wonder If Kana and the others have logged in today…”

I opened my friend’s list to see if they logged on into the server and unsurprisingly I was alone, they were probably all busy, Kana was likely resting after her daily exercise, and I wasn’t sure how long Haruka does shopping and knowing Senko he probably still drinking alcohol somewhere.

“Look’s like I’m alone today… Oh right I still haven’t replaced my old gear… I’m only using the one I got from the invasion that Hakura and I did.

I went to the town’s markets, sorted out my inventory and sold all the battle gear I had including the one I robbed, I was really planning to replace everything. I quickly got the reinforced leather leggings and tunic, both of which had some silver plating on the shoulders, elbows and knees.

I didn’t bother getting a helmet but I did get iron boots from what I was able to salvage, I had 45,000 goru which increased to 46,800 due to selling the scraps but after I replaced everything I had 27,300 remaining, replacing gear from scratch really wasn’t a good move but what choice did I have?

I once again went out the town’s gate and crossed the stone bridge this time in less than a minute.

“Record broken…”

My previous was 1 minute 40 seconds, now it was 40 seconds, I was able to shave an entire minute due to a level up I didn’t noticed during the attack on the camp Hakura and I did.

I somehow went from level 4 with stats like these;

Level: 04
Hp: 820
Atk: 280
Def: 265
Speed: 155

To level 12 with stats like these;

Level; 12
Hp:1,150
Atk: 520
Def: 350
Speed:300

Frankly… My stats were disgustingly bad, I didn’t really have access to any “Good” gear or weapons and I have yet to invest skill points, I need to be careful when I invest…

That made me wonder, what let’s a player level up in this game is it simply killing mobs and other players?
Doing quests? Getting new gear or something more vague…

“I wonder if the game had some kind of IV and EV system similar to a certain game where you trap animals into tiny balls and force them to fight their brethren.” I thought to myself while scanning the fields around me for dinosaurs I could hunt alone for bounty.

If there are any carnivorous dinosaurs that are decent for hunting at my level, then I would probably try to hunt as many as possible both for the Experience points, skill points and bounty rewards.

I started scanning the fields and noticed that there were coelophysis nearby…

Coelophysis was one of the first known dinosaurs dating all the way back from 190 to 216 million years ago in North america and africa, their fossils are found all over the world, and they were one of the most successful predators in their time.

Coelophysis was a slender theropod dinosaur, it’s leg bones were hollow which let them travel at 25mph, it was a nimble predator. They stand at around 1.8 meters or 5’10, however like most theropod it didn’t stood upright so despite the scary 5’10 height it would actually only reach half or slightly above my waist.

“I can definitely handle them…. Right? I mean it’s just a predator the size of a pitbull….”

4