Chapter • Prologue: I Blame Yasuo!
419 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

••

I found something in the darkest depths of the internet that took my interest. It was called the Skyblock Challenge and it allowed people to have an Isekai Adventure, but it required that they live on a twenty-five by twenty-five by twenty-five-meter cube at the center of an unusual demi-plane that existed between the universe. In exchange for the lack of amenities, they received the ability to travel to their favorite fictional universes for twenty-four hours once per week when a portal opened to a semi-random location.

It was supposed to be completely random, but I read several reviews that suggested that it wasn't. It must have used some type of hidden mechanic that selected locations that the participants recognized.

I immediately closed that window and went on with my day.

I then restarted my computer and monitor for good measure. I don't want viruses, well any more viruses due to visiting many questionable sites.

After that, I immediately login into LoL.

" Alright," Cracking my knuckles, I grinned," Let's make some kids cry with Yasuo."

... Who knew this simple thoughtless action changed my life. 

..

And so that's what I did for the whole day. I played LoL and created rivers of tears and blood in my wake with Yasuo.

It was a good day. Especially that last game. I made someone with the username; R.O.B rage quit.

" Fuck, now I'm hungry." I licked my lips as my stomach yelled in protest.

My Mum did cook some fish and chips, so we should have some leftovers. Especially since I haven't even eaten yet.

Unfortunately, I won't get those fish and chips.

" Huh?"

I rubbed my eyes suddenly seeing my floor disappear. What replaced it was a Void of black nothingness.

" The hell-"

I didn't even finish my sentence as I lost my footing, feeling no floor.

" Oh shit!" 

I cursed as I fell.

" The hell is going on?!"

Am I hallucinating again because I didn't get any sleep?!

I didn't get to ponder on that thought, as I appeared somewhere else.

A place that surely wasn't Kansas anymore.

" Huh?" I raised an eyebrow.

I can't hear anything. Nothing at all. No sounds of any Birds, Bugs or the wind. It was winter where I live, it gets very windy. However now? Nothing.

It's so...quiet.

" Wait... I'm in Skyblock!" My eyes then widened in shock.

I looked around then, taking in everything. It didn't take me long to see everything. I had woken up sitting on the ground with my back against a tree. The 'ground' was little more than a square. I knew from the rules I had read that it was 25 meters on each side, which is something like 80 feet if I remember my conversions correctly.

... Wait for a fucking minute!

" Why am I here? Didn't I click off and close that window?"

I did. I also restarted both of my computers and monitor for good measure. 

Hell, I didn't even click on the website, I just saw it and immediately closed the window. Something told me, no good would come from that website.

And see? My gut instincts were right!

" The fuck is going on?" 

I looked around once more. But I saw the same thing. An endless white sky and my floating(if my Minecraft knowledge is right) island. That was all.

It was big enough to not feel claustrophobic, but it was pretty cozy considering that it was the entirety of my world. And the sharp flat lines denoting the edges made me a little nervous, even before I approached them.

One corner of the block has a small pond. It's not especially large. It's probably the same size as a kiddy pool, though it's a bit deeper than that. And of course, there's the tree that every Skyblock starts with, and the one I woke up against.

" I don't even play Skyblock..." I mumbled to myself as I started into the white nothingness around me.

On the upside, my inner Introvert is absolutely loving this. It's the best day in the world for him! 

No Extroverts! Check!

No People! Check!

No Crowded Places! Check! 

No Phone calls after 6 PM! Check!

No Social Obligations! Absolutely fucking Check!

This place is an Introvert Heaven. The only thing this place is missing is my PC, my Phone, and my mini fridge filled with Big Reds and Red Bulls. Oh, and my snack stash under my bed. If we had all that? Then it would truly be Heaven.

Alas, all I have is a small floating island, one tree, a pond, and my phone.

At the mention of my phone, I felt it buzz on my right side, where I usefully put it.

Raising an eyebrow, I took it out.

When I did, I knew the Fates weren't done fucking with me.

[ Welcome to The Waifu Wars! The Company wishes you luck Contractor~ ]

At the very bottom, I saw small letters. The letters spelled out two words.

[ PS: Don't die~! ]

My lips twitched reading it.

" What in the bloody hell is going on?" I looked around again.

Yep, still here. So either I'm still dreaming, stuck in a very realistic hallucination, Or; This is Real. I'm hoping it's one of the top two, I really do.

As if my Phone heard me, I felt it buzz again.

" What-" Before I can say anything, the buzzing only got louder and louder.

It was a like trillion bees were inside my head.

I felt them inside my head.

And oddly enough, it wasn't harmful. If anything, it was just mildly annoying.

Then as a fast as the buzzing came, it disappeared. With its sudden entrance and departure, it left me a little 'gift.' 

" Oh shit." My eyes went wide.

If the new information in my head is to be trusted, then I'm in a Battle Royale with 1,000 others who is a has the same power as me.

The Power is a [The Waifu App] on our Phones that grants us the power to summon Waifus, Anime Powers, and Skills from the vast Omniverse.

And unfortunately, we're all in the same Skyblock dimension. The only good about this is the 'Skyblock dimension' is big as one hundred Earths.

We all have like a one percent chance to run Into each other. Or something like that. I'm not good at Maths, so it's probably wrong.

*Buzz* 

I was taken out of my thoughts as I felt my phone.

Looking down, I was greeted by a new screen. At the top right of the screen, I saw a number; 1,000. And at the top left was this; Player 69. I would laugh at what number I got, but my main focus was on the screen and what it was showing.

[Gentle reminder: Use your mind or voice to send instructions to the Waifu App!]

After the prompt, a new panel appeared In on the phone.

There were many sections on it. [Chat Area], [Private Chat Area], [Shop], [Gacha], [Player Stats], and so on.

' Chat Area?' I gave it a try and said in my head.

Soon the screen changed and a virtual dialog box panel appeared in front of him.

It was somewhat similar to Discord if I had to compare it to anything. Nah, it was Discord, just instead of blue, it was pink.

Very soon, I saw many comments. They flashed down, over and over again. It was like every time I blinked, a new page of new comments would appear.

Turning on the slow-down button, I started reading.

========================================================================


Playy-???: What kind of place is this? I want to go back. I still have millions of dollars worth of assets waiting to be inherited!


Player-???: Oh my God, where am I?!


Player-???: Someone help me! I don't want to die! Mom, I want to go home. I'm only forty years old and I still don't have a girlfriend!


Player-???: Why go back? Do you want to return to a life of working 6 days a week with no rest? Why not stay here? At least here, we can be surrounded by the Waifus of our dreams!


Player-???: Why am I here?! I don't even watch anime! 


========================================================================

" Huh, so not only Otaku and Weeds were selected..."

There were many players selected, and they had all kinds of identities.

Rich kids, CEOs, office workers, students, teachers, security guards, Fast Food Workers, older men and women, and so on. It had a little bit of everything.

Furthermore, regardless of our previous identities, everyone was on an equal footing after entering this Dimension. The starting point was the same. Same Skyblock, same one tree, same kiddy pond. Same everything.

*Buzz* 

I was taken out of my thoughts as my phone suddenly buzzed again.

[World Announcement: In ten minutes, the Shop and Gacha Area, and will be open. With this, The Game starts! We wish you luck, Players! Don't die~~~]

I sighed, as I started into the endless blue sky above me.

" Well fuck."

..

..

..

..

..

...

...Well fuck indeed.

>>>>>>

7