Chapter 1
396 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A witch is finishing up a minor procedure on a new client, all that’s left is to close up the wound located on their lower back.

 

She operates out of the main room of the cottage she lives in. It’s not much to talk about compared to how most witches live, but it means there’s not nearly as much upkeep to worry about, and she can mostly get by with just a single doll.

 

“Okay, it is done.” she tells the client.

 

“R-Really? I wasn’t even sure you started, I thought it was going to hurt.”

 

“Not if it’s done properly, I’ve had plenty of experience with this sort of thing.”

 

The client slowly starts to sit up, legs now hanging over the side of the operating table. “That’s good to know… D-Does that mean that you’ve gone through something like this yourself?”

 

The witch lets out a soft chuckle, “Not quite, my dear. Those who are familiar with witchcraft tend to be much more… malleable, so even larger cosmetic changes like yours are just a matter of casting a simple spell.”

 

“Huh, that’s really neat.” The client silently wishes it could be that easy for them, although even this is more than they could have ever imagined. 

 

“I know you told me during the consultation, but what exactly do I need to do now again?”

 

The witch goes over the standard post-op care for this procedure. The seed should start germinating within a few hours, and the changes will begin not too long after, finishing up after about a week. They’ll need to take it easy during that time, as it’s common to experience aches and pains, as well as other unpleasant symptoms, as a result of the changes. The client confirms they’ve taken the week off from helping out at the village’s bakery, so that shouldn’t be a problem.

 

Everything else should take care of itself, the plant will naturally dissolve once the changes are complete, and the magic she used will make sure there won’t be any scarring from the incision. They’ll need to come back for a quick checkup after it’s all done, but the witch doesn’t expect any issues.

 

“Oh, yes, be sure to drink plenty of water as well, magic plants are just as thirsty as the regular variety.”

 

“That sounds simple enough.” The client gets off the operating table and grabs their things.

 

“Thank you again for all of this. It’s going to make such a big difference, and I don’t know how I’d ever be able to repay you.”

 

“There’s no need for any of that, the fee you paid is thanks enough.” 

 

The client starts to leave the cottage, but the witch has one last question before they go.

 

“Have you decided on a name yet?”

 

“Yes… I want to go by Michelle.”

 

“That name suits you well, I’ll see you in a week Michelle.”

18