Chapter 10: Lorgus Dungeon
56 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 10: Lorgus Dungeon

You have entered the Lorgus dungeon.

This "dungeon" was a very strange place. It consisted of numerous interconnected rooms in a huge maze, like in a giant ant colony. Not to mention that it was almost completely unfathomable, with each floor having a radius of several kilometers. You wonder how the city doesn't collapse under its own weight? It's more complicated than it seems. As we were told, this place is a separate closed dimension.

I used to play computer games. If you're familiar with the word "Dungeon," then here it is. It was something that was open to everyone who wanted to enter. But I didn't have time to dwell on it.

I was interrupted by someone putting their hand on my shoulder.

— Ah, Alexander, we need reconnaissance. Scout it out, but be careful, — her voice took on a commanding tone, — Ah, hold the Rescuing Stone in one hand, — I think the conversation about death touched her. She clearly became more concerned about my safety. I hope she won't bother me about it anymore. But she was right about something. We need to be careful.

Not to mention that for the advancement of the Scout profession, paradoxically enough, reconnaissance was required.

I just nodded at all of this.

I went ahead, hunching over and sneaking around. At the same time, I didn't forget to use my passive skill of Stealth.

I never got to tell you what the dungeon looked like in the end. Let's just say it was strange.

Really strange, as if artificially created by someone.

Why do I think this way?

I will ask you in response.

Why do stones that emit soft light and are placed on the walls, illuminating the entire dungeon, exist here? Nobody brought them here, hundreds if not thousands of stones in each room. This is very strange. No one has ever wondered why the dungeon doesn't just remain completely dark and flood the floors? Something isn't right here. There must be some reason to lure people here. But now is not the time to get distracted.

I slowly but surely made my way through the rooms. Always looking where to step and trying not to leave the shadow... It was quite unusual, but with each step, it seemed that my actions were getting even a little better.

It didn't take even a full minute before a faint movement appeared in front of me.

Some living thing was making a rustling sound. My body slowed down, pressing harder into the shadow. I was ready to use Dash and run at any moment.

I was lucky enough to see it with my own eyes... A water bubble the size of a large dog... Or, as they say and classify this monster, a common Slime. In its center was a spherical core. This core was the heart and center of the monster. Such hearts were used in almost everything: in every magical lamp or artifact, in jewelry and weapons. It was harder to find where they weren't needed.

Only cores dropped from monsters of this type and level. Starting from the 3rd floor, some variety in drops became possible. Well, time to increase my reconnaissance skills.

Activated hidden analysis.

 

Slime.[F]

Level 2

 

Next to this creature was another slime, the same but a slightly different color, strangely green, almost salad-colored. These thoughts made me want to eat. In the morning, due to a terrible mood, I couldn't eat. The monsters clearly didn't notice me. I waited until the skill would work again, scanned the other one.

Activated hidden analysis.

 

Slime.[F]

Level 3

 

The role of a scout is to scout and not be detected. This way, the level of the profession increases.

 

Congratulations! Scout Lv. 1 profession progresses. Scout Lv. 1 => Scout Lv. 2

Profession level increased! 2 profession points available.

Congratulations! Hidden Analysis Lv. 2 progresses. Hidden Analysis Lv. 2 => Hidden Analysis Lv. 3

Spirit +1

 

Seriously? For learning about two pathetic, weak monsters, my profession increased from level 1 to 2, and even increased the level of Hidden Analysis?

So easy...

Unfortunately, such a freebie won't last long. Each time it will take more and more effort to increase the level of professions. The same goes for regular Level. Deciding to check Hidden Analysis level 3, I used it on myself.

Activated hidden analysis.

 

Alexander.[F]

Level 1

HP 470/470

 

Now it has become really useful. I made a considered decision that it was time to return, otherwise my dear comrades may start to worry.

I returned the same way. Quietly and unnoticed. I wonder if the Scout profession will increase its level if I try to scan one of my colleagues?

Hmm, they were just sitting relaxed, waiting for me. Such foolish carelessness.

Hidden analysis activated.

 

Jacob.[F]

Level 1

HP 770/770

 

Yes, I was able to scan him without any problems. But it didn't give me any bonuses yet, I had to wait for the skill cooldown again. I need to make sure by repeating this experiment with all my comrades. This way, the bonus will be that I can track their characteristics. For example, he currently has 36 Endurance points. If you count based on the fact that 20 HP is 1 Endurance point and a person receives 50 HP at birth. But, in this way, I won't be able to wriggle out for long. There must be some achievements that increase HP and even the Endurance multiplier, but not at this stage.

Hidden analysis activated.

 

Canda.[F]

Level 1

HP 550/550

 

The little bird has only 25 Endurance points, on the other hand, she is a mage, and for a mage, this is a lot, especially since it is clearly more than my pitiful 470 HP.

Hidden analysis activated.

 

Maria.[F]

Level 1

HP 650/650.

 

In this way, I checked everyone else as well... But the Scout profession still did not increase its level.

It seems that in order for it to increase level, they shouldn't know about me... Or the target should be conditionally hostile. Coming out from their side, I called out to them. In response, I heard a couple of screams and shouts of fear.

Heh. My mood was rising, but I didn't have precise knowledge if these were my own feelings or imposed ones.

Telling them that I found "enemies," the group moved forward.

We just mercilessly stomped two small defenseless slimes...

It was funny and cruel. No, I'm not joking, my words are completely serious.

When the Knight rushes at them using Charge and crushing with his shield, the Spearman goes around the side and makes a swift strike, and from above it's all covered with a fireball from the Mage... It was even somehow cruel and unfair, a strange feeling of empathy flared up in my chest. These poor things couldn't even resist...

And who's the monster here...

— Pff! So easy! What a weaklings!

Canda, you bitch... I'll slid your throat... I felt like crying.

— So cruel... — these words escaped my mouth, but this wasn't a game. I really felt sorry, so strange... It was even slightly interesting.

Empathy, how strange it is.

— You serious? — she looked at me in disbelief, — You're worried for mobs? — her face slowly distorted into amusement, — Ahaha! You really are such a Softie! And I... I was scared of you?! You midget...

— Canda! Stop it! — Maria interrupted her, — I also feel a little sorry for these monsters, — oh, Mary, but unfortunately, now I'm sure that I have mood swings.

Obsession with someone, it's just not for me. But I didn't forget about you.

— I feel sorry for them too... But we have no choice, — Poppo always supports...

— Ah, don't insult him, Ah, for sympathy and mercy, — she patted me on the back again... I think she has some hidden fetish even for herself.

— Thank you, guys... I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling this, — my eyes dropped to the floor, covering with bangs, I really felt embarrassed. A strange feeling... But it wasn't very pleasant.

They sent me back to reconnaissance again. But with order to go further this time. That is, if I see two slimes again, I shouldn't go back, but pass by, returning only when I've counted about ten of them in my head. Why doesn't our company just charge in and kill everything that moves?

It's simple. My profession increases its level when it finds useful information, delivers it, and generally acts covertly. And we're currently on a field practice. In deeper places or in other locations, it's always customary for the scout to go ahead and check the area, then return with information.

I was a little worried about Hilda's persistence... She again talked about me holding a teleport stone in one hand just in case... Not letting go until I did as she said. I won't even mention several questions from her side like if I'm okay, how I'm feeling, and don't I want to drink for example... To drink, fuck it!

This woman is stressing me out more and more. I tried to argue with her, but in response, she looked at me like a child or younger brother, as if I was saying something stupid!

Whoosh... A sudden surge of anger slowly dissipated. And I came to my senses, knowing that in that situation with her, I just needed to agree, not whine like a child. But with these new and unfamiliar emotions, I feel like a completely different person.

Even now it jumps. The world begins to seem like a gray and empty place, melancholy washing over me in an unquenchable wave.

It's terrible. I don't know how to fight it or what to do.

Slimes everywhere, the further I went, the more there were, in rooms now there were three or even four slimes... On the way, I killed singles. It wasn't difficult, quietly bypassing groups of two or more. I could easily kill them too. But it would be suspicious if I won't return for a long time and there were very few slimes left. Just don't be greedy. Well, just look at the slime statistics.

Hidden analysis activated.

Slime.[F]

Level 3

HP 60/60

 

With 60 HP, such a slime died from one hit... Killing another slime, about the sixth or seventh in a row, I received a notification.

 

Critical hit. 200 Damage dealt. Target dead. Soul Essence obtained.

Level Increased. 4 Attribute Points Obtained.

 

Killing another one, slowly and quietly approaching from behind, using Analysis beforehand. I received another notification.

 

Congratulations! Passive Skill Stealth Lv. 1 progresses. Stealth Lv. 1 => Stealth Lv. 2.

Agility +1.

1