Prologue Part 1 (The Letter)
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter Text

We all come from somewhere. But, in a way, I come from nowhere. Let me explain. 

 

I'm Teruya Otori.

 

Teruya Otori - Ultimate Spaceman

 

I don't know if I can call myself the Ultimate Spaceman. I'm just a kid who loves space. My love for space is clear through my outfit: a galaxy print trench coat over a black school uniform, a star themed tie, and especially my blue scarf with 2 star pins. I even wear a black fedora, accenting my green hair perfectly!

 

So, it was a miracle when I received the letter.

 

Dear Teruya Otori

On behalf of Hope's Peak Academy, I would like to congratulate you, for our talent scouts have determined that you have qualified for a spot in the 80th class. You'll be known as the Ultimate Spaceman.

 

Standing outside of what they call "the School of Hope", I looked at the letter.

I'm surprised to see such a plain kid like me attending this school. 

 

It would be a hopeful semester...

 

If only I knew then just how wrong I was.

 

Prologue: Tropical Ecplise

 

Huh... where I am?

 

You found yourself in a strange void, unlike anything you've seen before.

 

You walked around, finding a brown door. You open it.

But when you entered the door, something strange happened. Instead of an entrance hall like what you had expected, you entered what seems to be a classroom filled with students. The students in the classroom turn their heads towards you as soon as they heard the door open.

Their grand aura and their striking uniforms of importance made them unmistakable. These were the Ultimates.

“Another kid…?”

“Woah! Heeeyo~!”

“That makes 12- No, 13…”

The Ultimates.

 

Maybe these Ultimates had shared the same fate as yourself?

 

"Hi, I'm Teruya. Teruya Otori..." You said.

Only a pink haired girl was dressed less eccentrically than most of the students around her. In fact, she kinda looked like any normal, average high school student.

"Let's open the door!"

"THAT'S NOT FUCKING WORKING, EITHER."

"I'm sorry."

"Does this mean-"

“Although that is true,” A tall black haired man cut in. “There is no denying that we have been locked inside this classroom.”

"We're locked in? You'd think that'd be obvious by now."

Locked in!? From what I just saw, there's no question about that, but… What?

"Why are we… Why are they locking us in?"

"Are we being kidnapped? Or, being held hostage, rather?"

"KIDNAPPED? HOSTAGE???"

"I wouldn't jump to such a conclusion. I mean, we've been locked in, but I doubt there's any forces who find our lives valuable enough for ransom."

"Eh? But we're Ultimates! Surely, at least Hope's Peak cares enough about us getting held hostage!"

"... Inside their own building?"

"What if this is… some sort of weird entrance exam?"

Suddenly... the roof of the classroom split open and the wall to collapse, revealing a-

 

A... beach?

 

After taking a baffled glance around their surroundings, you turned to meet faces of equally confused, eccentrically dressed teenagers.

 

“But we were just at school... and now we are by the sea!” The pink haired girl pointed out. “This is impossible...”

 

That was the last straw for your sanity.

 

And then you passed out.

0