Epilogue
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter Text

Epilogue: Starlight of Our Hope

 


 

So, what happened to the characters in the story?

 

Well…

 

Everyone somehow mangled to wake up.

 

Kanade managed to reconcile with her sister, forgiving her for the events of the Killing School Trip.

 

Emma and Hajime became famous journalists for a day. The former dropped all ideas of trials to sue Monocrow and enjoyed her time of fame. But when the day ended, she realised bitterly she had officially abandoned all possibilities to attack Monocrow, and he didn’t exist.

 

Shinji returned to his boxing career.

 

Nikei and Syobai were forced to go on the lam to escape those upset that such kind people turned bad.

 

Sora and Yuki, on the other hands, fell into bankruptcy very quickly. Yuki had come from a  rich family, and it was still the Cost of Living crisis.  They had sold all the animals and discharged their servants. On the outside, they were still rich. But the truth was they could no longer afford to feed anyone.

 

Yuri continued her life as an actress. She cut her hair short. 

Iroha was left unable to talk, and now relies on a text to speech device to talk… But she doesn’t mind, because now she is popular, so not everything is lost. She also refuses to go near any ropes ever - don't even speak to her about it.

 

Yoruko was traumatized from being burned alive. She was forced to live in a safe evironment, with no books or ovens. Unable to do much, she took her frustration out on the board games. A good thing came out of it though: now she LOVES snakes and ladders. 

 

Setsuka, due to getting affected by the Despair Disease, became a new type of guinea pig - one for testing diseases and sicknesses in labs. She had gotten so sick that she became immune to all sicknesses, basically a sort of living petri dish where sicknesses grow and diseases spread without her being really affected by it.

 

No one knows what happened to Kokoro, since she wasn't seen ever again.

 

As for Teruya? He managed to find a solution to please everyone.

 

None of them had escaped without constant nightmares.

 

Teruya had been relatively lucky, though. He had to make sure nothing like what happened to him and his classmates on Utsuroshima ever happened again. So, he resolved that everyone would benefit from therapy... but how? 

So he asked Nanako for help. Summoning the best therapists she knew, she stood by as Kanata and Kakeru spent hours with them as they all worked through their issues - expedited by the fact that they were all experts in their field and knowledgeable about how their minds worked - but it was still a difficult process.

But in the meantime, everyone has moved on with their lives, not dwelling on the past for the sake of their future. 

Overall, the fifteen students were able to recover and live regular, happy lives.

 

The End

0