Ch:12
208 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sadly to our beloved moment, that unsettling sensation returned.

"There!" I pointed my finger once more in hopes of pinpointing its location.

Unwillingly, she let go of me and grabbed the hammer, keeping the heavy part on the ground.

I had hoped my dimension could be a wonderland for Alice. A small hidden corner where she could rest, however, it turned out to be everything but that.

"How's your hunger?"

"Increasing," her tone sounded a tad colder than usual.

'Good,' I thought to myself, hoping that her curse wouldn't allow the upcoming beast to seal her movements.

Thus, something slid down my entrails right into what I had considered being my heart. But now, it looked more like it was my stomach. And I just needed to push it out.

"I can feel..."

"What's wrong Pandora?"

I rose my face towards the ceiling, "way too many are coming."

Without a moment to waste, Alice finished the nearby monster's life.

"Take them out!"

I glanced at Alice who shouted hysterically.

"Take what out?" 

"The corpses! Durability!"

"Oh no!" 

I had completely forgotten about it. The capacity was meant to burst if too many things entered inside of me.

Without a measly second to lose, I floated as fast as a ghost could, kicking the corpses out.

During this time, three more beasts fell.

Aside from the two tusked boars, there was this fat creature. 

"Green frog, alignment evil," Alice whispered in hopes of not getting their attention.

One was hard to handle, three were something on a completely higher level of difficulty. It was like trying out a game in hard mode instead of easy.

With three out and three in, I glanced over at the information I summoned, having eaten the experience of the freshest corpse.

 

Name: Pandora

Category: Item | Grade: Inferior

Growth: 1/7 | Exp: 90/1000

Durability: 45/100.

Curses: 4/5 Senses Sealed.

Innate Ability: Boxed, Cage.

Properties: Void.

Contracted Ability: Telepathy.

 

'I'm close to breaking,' without showing my despaired expression to Alice, I stuttered. It took time for my durability to repair on its own, and with the speed at which it was decreasing, it was only a matter of time till the worst came to be.

As one of the tusked boars was about to attempt trampling over my partner, its rear was slapped by a tongue that stuck out at an incredible speed. The pork groaned raising its front feet in the air, mimicking a horse.

Upon being hit, its aura spread. It always happened when damage was triggered, perhaps a passive or a counter ability of sorts. 

It was good to use it in a duel, however, it had an ally next to it which also froze.

The tusked boar turned to the frog and of course, it actually dared leave its back open to the vampire girl. Alice was not dumb, she acted upon it willing to consume her enemy's blood.

The hunger demanded it.

The curse overlapped the aura effects.

Like a lunatic, Alice ran over, piercing the dagger on the already wounded rear of the creature, following it with a bite, by using to the very best of her capacity the sharp fangs trait.

Slowly the wound on her arm got healed and the creature's moans became quieter and quieter as it lost its strength.

It didn't take long for the frog to rev up, smacking the wild boar on its face with the powerful, agile tongue.

Next to her and the feeble creature, the other boar rammed itself at the frog, stabbing its tusks into its belly.

The liquid that came pouring was of a strange purple tone, it didn't look like something a vampire could feed upon.

To the boar's surprise, the fluids began permeating its fangs and fur, eventually spreading to its skin causing it to tremble. It was hard to see but there was some blistering happening, big pimples that caused the skin to swollen, and then they exploded causing even more pain.

Without a doubt, it was some sort of toxic substance, a dangerous one at that.

Despite the pain, the frog managed to pull its tongue back, delivering an attack with less effect due to the short distance between itself and its enemy. This caused the boar to activate its aura which it hadn't yet.

It was quite surprising seeing as the liquid hadn't triggered it.

I placed my hand on my ghastly belly, it felt like something horrible was about to happen.

Suddenly, to make things worse, on an unfathomable level, our despair increased as the voice came to us once more.

'You have defied the infinite limits of the void, being the first one to make its existence be doubted.'

As more and more creatures began falling from the surface, the white walls around us began creaking, causing ominous sounds that even made Alice wake from her cursed effect.

Through the breaches, I noticed my property, understanding that it looked like something dark, similar to a black hole.

As it broke further, I noticed it was pumping like a heart, making me realize it was alive.

'What have I become?' dreadness wore my ghoulish self like a tight suit causing even my translucid self to shake.

The horrors that bore in my gaze were of an unspeakable truth. 

A scene in which even the fabled demons would've cautiously escaped.

But everyone behind me was in one way or another frozen to the ground.

But I knew Alice could see the nature I didn't know I had. My core certainly would have scared a child.

Fear dominated me like never before.

Alice's fully healed, tightened the grip of her knife, and took some steps toward the other boar, stabbing it in the back.

Then she withdrew it and looked around, noticing the falling creatures.

They were dropping in pairs and trios, filling this whole place up, breaking me completely.

My eyes froze at the information constantly being changed.

 

Durability: -500/100.

Durability: -1000/100.

Durability: -1500/100.

Durability: -2000/100.

Durability: -2500/100.

Durability: -3000/100.

 

This meant a couple of hundred monsters would be descending and I knew that this dimension was not big enough to hoard all of them. 

And so fragments of me splattered into the surrounding oblivion. 

It was painful as it gave seizures throughout my mind. Worse yet, I noticed my hands and their translucid appearance progressively fade.

My eyes closed and my hands reached out for the sides of my face as it became unbearable. 

And I felt myself sinking into the void below.

The ground too started collapsing.

I found my senses becoming numb, perceiving my soul yielding back into the darkness.

17