Ch:15
178 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Edited 21/04/2023

Not even twenty steps from the forest to the red beach, an announcement came around to all who survived.

‘From this day onwards, your names will be engraved in the many rankings.’

 

Leaderboard:

First place: Pandora 250 kills.

Second place: Reyn 23 kills

Third place: Sophia 17 kills.

 

It seemed the rankings did not split users from items and my burst had done more harm than good. Part of the score meant kills, but it had surprisingly also counted the reincarnated ones which I had accidentally murdered.

The rankings were lengthy and if one was to count all the casualties, they’d reach such a conclusion.

But it was troublesome. 

‘Everyone will come after Pandora,’ the child gulped nervously, not knowing what to do. It truly was a tough situation.

Her idea of finding the seer had turned into doubt. Not because she believed he’d be a bad person, but due to what others may say or do if they knew it was her item.

Quickly, she slid the treasure inside her ragged shirt, making it look like she had a pair of boobs unbefitting her age and body.

Nonetheless, she didn’t want to stay alone: this world scared her.

It was as if she became empty after losing me, and most importantly, the little guidance I offered her in times of need.

‘Small areas will now be able to be purchased by the users. The currency will be the experience you’ve gathered. Those who become landlords may sell small parts of their terrain, from houses to fields. The moon villagers will be living there already. They will assist the reincarnated in different ways depending on how you decide to interact with them.’

Alice sighed, relieving some of the tension within herself. It was quite a problem if she had to build her own house. Surely, it was not something she knew how to do and despite having more stamina as a vampire; it was far from enough.

My suggestion of finding a cave had been the best one so far, yet because of the monsters, it was very dangerous to roam these lands alone in search of an empty den.

‘All rewards will be distributed shortly to the user.’

This likely meant that whatever I had gotten, it would pass onto her.

She hoped with all her might for it to be something useful.

‘The areas will now emerge.’

And just like the voice mentioned, loud and earth-breaking earthquakes expanded throughout the land.

‘Due to the outstanding first place contribution, an entire area will be rewarded to the user.’

As soon as the words ended, a list of scrolls appeared around her, each with its own properties and choices.

 

Zone: Beach.

Advantages: Salt, sand, and fish.

Touch to visualize the length.

 

Her finger tapped it and she felt her consciousness flying high in the air, accessing an incredible sight just underneath, as if she had the vision of an eagle.

She pulled her hand away from it, allowing her senses to return. 

Had she been human, this may have very well become her favorite place to rest easy. But as a vampire, her priorities were far more distinct.

After checking each and every single one of them, both to gain some information on the area around and to check which advantages it gave, Alice made a decision.

 

Zone: Mountain

Advantages: stones, ores, and caves.

Touch to visualize the length.

 

“I want this one.” 

Light basked around her and she found herself to be teleported somewhere. The sensation was peculiarly different from the time her body had gone through the portals. This one felt more magical, as if her body dispersed into molecules only for them to regroup a tad later.

“Ow...” she felt dizzy, potentially a side effect.

“Welcome to your to-be domain, my lady.”

“Uh?” Alice turned around, finding a girl with long black hair, and what appeared to be a white moon on her forehead.

She was strangely bowing in her direction, which caused the girl to feel awkward: none had ever done that. 

In silence, she went recollecting the words of the almighty voice, wondering about their meaning.

‘Moon villagers... how pretty.’

The girl raised her face, showing a golden scroll that was hidden between her hands.

“Please sign this to make it official,” Alice gazed at it, reading that the information was similar to what the almighty voice had spoken.

“Is there a pen?” Her innocent and cute expression would have captivated many. However, the villager turned Alice’s finger upside down and pricked it with a sharp piece of wood. Drips of blood fell from the shocked, pained child who didn’t expect this to happen.

“Imprint it please.”

Alice took a deep breath, holding in her pain, and then she did as she was told resolutely that it was something in her favor.

‘Congratulations Alice. You have become the mountain matriarch,’ the powerful voice declared.

Still, she didn’t understand what all this entailed. The poor girl decided to allow things to roll on their own, hoping to understand what was, in fact, going on.

“This way, my lady,” she showed Alice the way. Throughout the dark room, only tiny gasps of moonlight went through.

For a night dweller, it felt like the perfect place to hide in safety. Yet, it left a mysterious sensation inside the child.

When was it that she began enjoying being in the dark?

And the astounding speed at which her mind grew. 

The way her emotions dimmed allowed her to resist the many encounters of this new life.

Soon she arrived at the core of the hall. In there, she found a special piece of red ore with blackened veins spreading throughout the entire mountain. 

It didn’t move as a heart did, but it glowed from its center to the original lines, showing that it was, to some extent, mysteriously alive.

18