Ch:22
166 5 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Edited 25/04/2023

Alone in the room, Alice rested with a docile-looking expression embraced by a thin line of moonlight.

Almost as if guided by the moon, the great being voice descended, 'race modifications will now initiate.'

Her vampiristic body began changing ever so slightly, for this new birth was meant to be far more ravenous and defiler towards the living. Yet even the dead needed to be wary.

A horrifying creature stood by her side, looking down at her. Its traces were unclear, camouflaged by the shadows of the room.

It had black lengthy nails with sharpened edges. Fingers so white, the tone of snow would lack in comparison.

The shape of the hand was far from well-formed, it was almost as if it lacked its outer layer. 

It approached the illuminated bit without as much as a trace of the sound which could alert others of its existence. It was then that it became clear: it was bones that reflected a portion of the light.

His other hand took something from its blackened vestments, a book with a grim-looking cover. Any who saw it would instantly think it had been made of teeth and gruesomely stitched with skin.

Then the book opened causing the air around to get colder, prying into the corners of the room.

It started reading its contents out loud, giving a name for each title of every white page it passed. Its contents were written in red letters.

"Revenant, spirit, raven, spectrum, wight, shade, rake, ghoul, banshee..." and then its nail stopped, "wraith."

Its empty hand rose in the air and then descended, directing its palm at Alice's resting body.

"Girl. For your sinful deeds, I condemn you to be demonized." 

It was then, that something darker than the night engulfed Alice.

"The grimoire of death, page 10, wraith," its voice continued, but all that left his mouth was a mysterious light green mist. It was clearly similar to the abhorrent flames from the previous ritual.

Alice who had supposedly died, had been an immortal vampire despite being of an inferior species. Yet, because of its extremely low grade, she had many weaknesses.

Which meant she was without a doubt able to die if someone tried to kill her while possessing such knowledge.

No one was truly immortal in the rightful sense of the word, yet they could indeed live forever depending on the race they had.

However, Alice had chosen something rather unique.

Being a wraith would allow her to be a completely different being, one whose weaknesses would be solely on the spiritual spectrum of the world.

But there was a small misleading in all of this.

The necromancer thought of her as a mortal being as she looked quite human-like.

But she was not.

The powers of a wraith seeped into her body.

"Enjoy," it added ironically, knowing the wraith within her would consume her body and soul, causing her to die. Such was the risk of evolving or attempting to change a race.

Back to the shadows, it went, leaving as if it had never appeared.

The room became less dark and easier to breathe in, slowly it became warmer too.

Alice's veins went from a blue to a grassy green. Her light-tanned skin became pale like clouds. Her fangs remained for she would be needing them. 

And inside, far deep into her consciousness, she found herself to be within a familiar, cracked white space.

"Is this?" She became hesitant for a moment, seeing how tattered everything was.

An upside world where the floor looked to be the ceiling and nothing seemed to fit: an uncompleted puzzle where a portion of its pieces was missing.

"Where should I go?" this place seemed to have plenty of pathways, but it was complicated for her to explore every single one.

Her hands reached out for her chest where a chain used to be, greatly scaring her.

"Pandora? Pandora!"

As confusion started to manifest in her mind, it started to become clouded. It was then that she felt suffocated, needing to take a deep breathe, but she wasn't able to, for this place had no air. It was like suffering from a panic attack while not having a bag to help.

Unexpectedly, the girl fell to her knees.

'What should I do? What can I do? Think Alice! Think!'

Against all odds, she tried her best to remain sane.

Surely, there was something she could do.

Normally, given the time that passed, Pandora would have returned.

Had her realm not shattered, had her soul not been sucked into the void, had the durability not been so negative.

'Pandora! Right... Pandora. What would she do in this situation?' 

Firmly, she attempted to calm down as much as possible. 

Her mind took her time to focus on the status information, concentrating on everything that was new.

 

Race: Half Vampire - Half Wraith | Grade: Inferior Mutated Species

Curses: Bloodthirsty, Ravenous.

Weaknesses: Water, Sunlight, Holy and Light elements, Silver, Witchcraft, Salt, Mirrors.

Innate Traits: Sharp Fangs, Feeding Spike.

Contracted to the box and Theseus.

 

It took no time for Alice to become dumbfounded, for she had gained a new curse and four more disadvantages.

To her further surprise, there was also a new trait.

"I should have picked the vampire..." she regretted it, knowing she had become two times weaker than before. 

"I'm sorry Pandora!" She shouted gaining the courage to take one step further. In her mind, she felt that if she had been stronger, her partner would have not broken. That way, Pandora could have helped her take a proper decision.

Despite frowning and feeling rather anxious about her previous choices. She decided to take a better look at the new things, before depressing further.

 

Wraith: An evil entity to all the living. It belongs in the spectral realm where souls and spirits dwell. Capable of consuming souls to keep themselves in the physical realm. It is not immortal and it usually disperses after completing its dying wish. They may be summoned through the dark arts. Although extremely rare, they might manifest from a very deep and strong regret upon the death of a mortal.

Ravenous: Upon death, the incessant need to devour spirits in the spectral realm will surge. Only by acquiring enough will the user come back to life in the physical realm. If the user fails or is instead eaten, they shall perish.

Feeding spike: depending on the spectrum, it allows the wraith to feed itself on different things. If in the physical realm, it'll consume the organs of its enemies. If in the spectral one, it'll devour souls.

 

'This isn't good at all,' her head leaned lower causing her eyes to take a glimpse at a nearby hole.

"Hum? What is that?" She allowed herself to fall in it with a head dive, delving deeper through the void itself.

Her eyes had caught strange-looking figures chasing after something grey.

What could it be? 

And who were they?

18