Ch:24
155 6 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Carefully, I placed her head on my lap.

Despite the defeat of our enemies, Alice hadn't been kicked out of my cage.

Something was amiss and I had the sensation it was something to do with the green aura that kept glittering around her body.

Surprisingly, it didn't do anything to me. The lack of knowledge made me unsure if it was due to the contract or something else. But it seemed to be something nice that had saved her.

Cautiously, my fingers intertwined themselves with her many silvery strands of hair.

I patted her softly, smiling happily at being able to see her again, and of course, to be back in my little cage. It was so much better than wandering in the void and being chased by creepy ghosts.

"But how did they find a way in?" This made me wonder if there was a reasonable explanation to be chased inside of my dimension. Was the void that surrounded it part of something else?

I started feeling her body grow hotter, almost as if her blood was boiling.

'Is it the fusion?' 

Her moans and the panting that followed made me worry. It looked like she was fighting something inside of her.

It took a few hours of me caressing her for her eyes to open. 

She looked frail, unable to talk or do anything on that matter.

'Congratulations Alice, for succeeding with the fusion of two different races. You have now become the reaver,' it was no more and no less than a soul eater, a demonized vampire. A creature born from death and the use of the dark arts, entangled with the rare blessing of vampire immortality.

"I missed you, Pandora," feebly she whispered, getting a hold of my hand.

"I missed you too dear Alice," I allowed my fingers to intertwine hers.

"I'm so hungry and tired."

"The evolution or fusion. You know, whatever it's called, must've taken a toll on you."

"Really?" 

"Yes, but you managed to survive!" I gripped her hand a tad, doing my best to hide my worries.

"I'm happy that your happy," she started to look more on the verge of death than anything else.

"Save your strength and rest some more."

She nodded very slightly, rubbing her face on my thigh.

"I'm so proud of you," I smiled faintly, caressing her for a little while as she returned to the outside where she belonged.

"Lady Alice!?" The woman shouted as she saw her leaving the inside of a box.

But the girl looked so pale making her think she was starving for weeks.

In no time the woman returned with a bowl of fresh blood and carefully she knelt by Alice's side, helping her drink it.

While color did not return to the child, part of her strength did.

Alice's eyes found the woman with teary eyes.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"I... I thought you were dying."

The girl muttered a sound recollecting what had happened. Too many things at the same time causing her to almost be dead for good. It was a blessing she had allies who cherished her.

Yet, as if waking up from her trance, Alice quickly checked the new information, remembering the guardian's voice. Her heart beat faster than ever and she hoped her unease to be wrong. 

Faster than ever, her sapphires lowered all the way to the bottom finding out the truth.

 

Race: Reaver | Grade: Uncommon Species

Curses: Bloodthirsty, Ravenous.

Blessings: Equilibrium.

Weaknesses: Water, Sunlight, Holy, Fire, and Light elements. Silver, Witchcraft, Salt, Mirrors, Curses, Seals, and Specters.

Innate Traits: Sharp Fangs, Feeding Spike.

Contracted to the box.

Theseus Heritage: The dark mountain.

 

The moment she saw the contract had ended, tears slid down her face.

"Theseus died," the woman added with a sorrowful expression and tone.

"How?" Alice stuttered, finding herself to be unable to add more words.

"All of us had a contract to him, an inferior version than yours, as we used to be less than inferior."

Thanks to her explanation it made us realize that the villagers were of some lower grade or even gradeless.

"Now I can see your name, the alignment we share, and of course, my own information."

Alice's mouth opened surprised by the change, understanding why they did not know the guardian's name. Her eyes hovered above the woman's head, finding that she had a good alignment. However, it said she was nameless.

'How pitiful,' such saddened the child's heart. But it was something, she was willing to change.

"He left me with this place. I..."

"You'll do well, lady Alice. We're going to assist you," as she said that, the other six vampires entered the room.

All of them knelt in a line leaving the woman in the middle.

Alice wiped her tears with her naked arm.

"Clothes," she muttered, having her body covered by furs.

One of them brought her a blackened robe which she quickly wore.

She grasped a bit of comfort on her skin. Even though she quickly came to realize these clothes made her itchy. Still, it was better than nothing and her knowledge about their technology was null.

Perhaps, they couldn't produce a single thing. The number of furs from beasts made it clear that they were at least able to make the most primitive level. 

Unless they had obtained these things from the tutorial crates.

'My weapons...' upon remembering about them, she cursed her own luck. Those things had helped her survive and even defeat some creatures.

Things had truly taken a turn to the inconvenient side.

Even after drinking blood she still felt light-headed. As if something was amiss.

'I need to learn more about myself,' she returned her glance to her information, focusing on everything she didn't know.

 

Reaver: An unprecedented existence capable of devouring souls. Its form adapts to the realm it's in. Capable of consuming souls to recover strength and blood to heal any wound. It resides in the boundaries of a more intricate immortality, capable of returning to the physical realm by consuming souls in the spectral realm. An incomprehensible being created by a set of taboos. A one-of-a-kind entity, therefore, incapable of creating others like himself, unlike vampires.

Uncommon: A grade above those who are inferior.

Equilibrium: By the sacrifice of Theseus, its golem core became the necessary tool to create the perfect link between two different entities, uniting them.

 

"Thank you Theseus for blessing someone like me," her head leaned as she closed both eyes, giving a small prayer in gratitude.

19