Ch:26
181 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I felt Alice grab me and then my world turned upside down a lot of times successively, it felt like I had been thrown like a baseball ball.

Luckily it didn't make me feel sick.

The sensation of things falling through what I believed to be my stomach returned. It seemed at first glance she wanted to fight the spider one on one.

One, two, there, four. 

They were around me but I was invisible to them. Their composition was indeed menacing and the most particular thing was how Alice hadn't fallen into the cage.

It made me very curious as to what she was up to on the surface.

But I trusted her and didn't want to distract her with questions.

Up there Alice showed the villagers how to lure the monsters into my magical hole, reducing their numbers as they were far stronger than the villagers.

Thus, together they took turns running and resting.

There were 7 spiders in total and four had already been trapped within the cage.

"That's enough! Let's fight the remaining ones!" She shouted causing everyone to do their best. The villagers held on to the ores while Alice and the vampires surrounded the targets, looking for a chance to get their fangs in the softer parts of their bodies.

The whole thing was quite exhausting, but the spiders also had limited stamina.

Having reduced their numbers proved to make things easier to handle, but even then, it was still tough.

Alice attempted to sneak into the back of the closest one.

As she was about to get into range, the creature's torso squirmed and then released a white sticky line.

To the girl's surprise, she felt her body being pushed from the side by one of the villagers.

In front of her eyes, she saw the person getting stuck on the ground.

It was like some sort of white glue. A nasty thread capable of rendering foes.

"Thank you," she who landed on her bottom, slowly got up, running towards the spider's back that had just shot.

She had learned that abilities like the one of Pandora had a cooldown. Therefore, she decided to take a chance, gambling her way through the enemy defenses.

The child stretched out her black needle, piercing the torso of the spider.

From the pain, the creature rose its two front legs like a wild upset horse would.

The sensation made Alice tremble with satisfaction, she felt the enjoyment of draining the opponent's strength, making it her own.

From the sides, a pair of vampires bit the spider while four villagers each grabbed two of its legs.

And even then it resisted, attempting to shake us. It was fierce, and we barely managed to hold it down despite its small size.

As the creature was almost dying, she felt it then, the urge.

The willingness, the starvation that could lead anyone astray into an oblivion of despaired sensations to devour the essence of another's being.

As the reaver's mouth opened, she saw more than she had before.

The physical realm had this green tone as if she was looking through a colored lens.

And then her jaw went even lower as she raised her head a tad more.

From the corpse, a green ball came towards her which she engulfed with no hint of hesitation.

The corners of her mouth had a line of drool, from how much appetite the child had.

As soon as the soul went down deeper into her stomach, my world shook.

'Pandora, the reaver needs your assistance, do you wish to partake in its demands?'

'Yes,' I had already taken a closer look at the transformations my partner went through while she rested. Though I was surprised by the moon's voice calling her by the race and not as much as her own name. I ended up just ignoring that whimsical detail, for my partner needed my help, and I just had to do everything to repay being saved by Alice.

I felt something inexplicable, to say the least. It was like a bridge surging between our souls, connecting us. 

To my side, I noticed the birth of a large black gate and behind it, surely, that was where the new pathway would stand.

But in what way did it connect to Alice?

As if it wasn't enough of a change, the space inside of me twisted involuntarily. I held no control over it whatsoever and that scared me for a moment. Something far more dangerous was about to happen.

The room where I was shrank completely causing the spiders to be reduced to a pulp and then its space expanded creating a door made of bars with small gaps between them, and with walls around it. Seen from above, it was like my dimension had gained a jail cell of sorts.

My cage ability faded causing the crystalization of experience and the corpses to be thrown out as if I had just puked them out of my system.

More and more, I believed this to be my stomach, I even dared to chuckle at such an idea.

Without me calling for it, an updated piece of my information appeared in front of my bare eyes.

 

Contracted Ability: Telepathy, Prison of Souls.

 

The one thing that had changed was the addition of a new power thanks to our bond.

Once I felt it activating, a black lantern appeared on my hand, and a flame within the object illuminated this place a tad in an abhorrent green.

The great gate opened and filled with curiosity I walked closer to it. Upon arrival, I raised the lantern to peer into the omnipotent gloaming beyond, wobbling it a bit to the sides to get a wider perspective.

That was when I heard the entry of the room open causing me to take a quick glimpse at it, finding nothing out of the ordinary.

Once I returned my gaze to the entrance, I found a green-looking ball approaching me.

"Oh, not again!" it gave me a deja vu of those specters that wanted to contract with me, though it looked far milder in comparison.

A little scared I walked near the room, being chased by it, but I knew that if I entered the room I would have no way out. Thus, I stood next to the door trembling, witnessing how slowly it entered without resisting. And the moment it did, I pushed the door in haste closing it and then putting my back onto it to make sure it wouldn't open.

I panted surprised at whatever had just happened, looking at the ceiling.

17