Ch:29
125 4 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Edited 1/5/2023

Amidst a newborn territory, the seer approached the multitude of voices. It seemed a shaky commotion was already in place.

Someone had made a discovery!

“There is no need to shed blood!” 

One of the women voiced her opinion in protest, “that’s not true! We can’t just have anyone become the lord of this zone!”

“Everything can be solved by talking!”

“You say that, yet you and your goons have taken the crown hostage!”

The people voiced out in accordance with the woman, believing that the loot should be shared.

“It was something I found first! It’s not like it belonged to anyone!”

“You just want it to yourself!”

The others complied with similar statements.

“How troublesome,” the man whispered to one of his followers.

“We might need to take action. The role of the Lord must be far too precious to hand over,” he gripped the sword, readying himself to slaughter some of the reincarnated.

Further away, the seer joined the conversation from afar, unable to find himself a gap in the crowd.

No one seemed to know what giving way to a blind man was like anymore.

Instead, he hit the spear boldly on the ground with its wooden base.

“I am the seer and I have seen the future.”

The people’s eyes slowly turned to him. No matter how important an item could be, knowing the future likely had a lot more advantages.

Silence reigned even by the keeper of the crown and his goons.

“How dreadful our fate will be at his hands!” The seer attempted to aim the spear tip in the man’s direction, cutting the air of a man close by.

“Hey! That’s my hair, you old fart!”

The seer laughed, “I’m sorry. I’m blind.”

Upon closer inspection, the man noticed the seer’s eyes, understanding that he was likely saying the truth.

“It’s a new world. How did this happen?”

The man’s anger quickly dissipated, causing it to be replaced by pity, for hair would be able to grow back, but eyesight conceivably wouldn’t, at least, not with such ease.

“I saw what I shouldn’t have, becoming blind through a curse.”

The first thing everyone had seen was the self-proclaimed seer’s appearance and then his name: Merlin. 

Some may have found his words a joke, but the name had meaning even in the most recent days. It was the name of a very famous character from stories.

Merlin the magician, though this one wielded a spear instead, causing him to look rather funny and a bit bold.

Certainly not as mighty as the legendary fables.

Feeling rather offended by his so-called vision, the man wielding the crown, voiced himself loudly enough for everyone to hear, “how dare you lie!?”

The old man coughed twice before showing others his information, causing others to take a peek. Slowly, the voices stood by the seer’s side, for he hadn’t lied.

The crown shook, it became heavier than what it initially was. 

Its weight hadn’t changed.

But the man’s confidence had shattered: He could not see himself as a leader anymore. Unlike planet Earth, where people’s opinions didn’t matter much. In this case, it was a lot worse if someone could prove someone else to be unworthy.

And Merlin had just managed this feat.

“Leader! Don’t let others say what you can or can’t be and do!” 

“Yeah!” The group of goons stood up for the man.

Yet, he didn’t utter a word, shocked by the downfall prophecy of becoming a bad ruler.

This was far from the goal he had in sight for himself and his men. He wanted to make a positive grand change for others, but it seemed he was incapable of doing so.

The crown ended up slipping off his numb fingers, hitting the ground, rolling away, stalked by many eyes. 

And then it stopped by a certain young man’s feet.

Arthur picked it up, and before anyone could say anything, he wore it, making himself lord. 

Those who saw his name quickly came to realize that Merlin, who stood behind them, must’ve had some sort of connection to this youngster.

They had to be a pair of sorts. Could the legend be real? Some of them thought as their eyes noticed the greatsword in one of Arthur’s hands.

Would the two from the long-forgotten past of medieval times be back in this new world? Was it possible that other geniuses and grandiose figures could have followed these two steps? Or was it all a significant coincidence, and they were just using their names to show off?

No one knew the answer.

But if it was a bluff, then it paid off, for a light befell the young man’s, causing everyone’s gazes to embrace the richness of that glory.

And the people who were basked by his elegant self no longer could deny such fate. 

All of them who wanted his place and whichever things would come his way had all been blindly fooled by the old man. He who knew and saw less than any of them.

Hidden in such brilliance, remained Yuki, who smirked at this marvelous play. “What a pair of clowns,” such a humble display of artistic acting amused her.

All she was missing was some dango and green tea to go along with such a theatrical scene.

But in the end, she had made a deal with them.

And her happiness soon turned into a distant gaze, along with a fierce grin.

It turned out her choice had not been the right one, causing this match to turn into her loss.

A new sovereign had been chosen.

King Arthur was the one.

15