Ch:32
99 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Their roles reversed, now it was Alice who desperately searched her info, from skills to blessings, to everything imaginable. 

It was at a certain moment that she finally tapped the right spot, bringing to sight what she sought.

 

Zone One:
Owner: Alice | Leadership Title: Matriarch | Leadership Bonuses: Loyalty minor boost.
Domain type: Mountainous | Experience: 350/1000 | Rank 0
Facilities: None
Domain Effects: None.
Contracted Vassals: 2.

 

'Could it be?' Her focus was momentarily stuck on the experience. It was just the value she had thrown down the hole. But at the same time, she now had 2 vassals. With the new changes, it made her have a tiny doubt. She remained unsure if it was thanks to the earlier or due to the most recent action.

"My gift doesn't work," his manly tone contained a hint of sorrow. He was still quite satisfied to have gotten something, along with a name, but like a kid, he wanted to try his new toy.

"Look at this Viktor."

He got up and then walked to her side, taking a peek at it.

There was no visible emotion on his face, in fact, he stood expressionless for a while.

"To improve the mountain we'll need more experience."

"Yes," he added briefly, wondering if he would get a crafting facility anytime soon, failing to hold in his excitement.

"I think..." her gaze fell on her hands as the fingers clutched and extended a few times. "I may be able to bless one more vampire."

"Those are great news!" He shouted unable to retain his good manners. "Should I summon one right away?"

"Yes. That would help."

To Alice's surprise, he didn't just walk away. No. He dextrously ran to the encounter of the nearest vampire he could find causing the girl that was left behind to laugh.

'You sound happy.'

'Viktor is funny.'

'Let's see what kind of gift will befall the next one.'

'Yes.'

'Hopefully something useful for us.'

She repeated herself, muttering a sound as she heard steps closing in.

'Where did you take these names from?'

Alice's eyes dimmed at my question replying in a strange way, 'where indeed?'

As I was about to ask what was that all about, a new voice reached out for the matriarch.

"Upon your request, I've arrived."

Their dark hairs and eyes were somewhat familiar to her. It reminded her of some classmates.

The woman knelt before her, allowing a long hair to flow between both.

Alice's fingers got hold of it softly, passing the strands close to the woman's ears.

Similar to the other two, she shook. It made the girl wonder if they were afraid of her, or if their skin was just that sensitive.

"I name you Anasthasia."

The young woman started wiping her sudden tears, "thank you so much for the gift, my lady."

This time around, Alice didn't even need to ask what it was she had received, for the girl's nails became razor sharp and long like claws.

"I got a new trait," it seemed they could get something other than abilities. The girl smiled and looked at her new weapon. She could extend and retract them at will. They weren't as lengthy as her spike, about half a finger long. But depending on the spot they pierced, it could be enough to deliver a fatal wound.

"Congratulations Anasthasia," the sound of bare steps along with Viktor's voice could be heard by both. It was clear from his gaze that he was rather jealous of this new addition.

 

Name: Anasthasia | 16 years old

Race: Vampire | Grade: Inferior Primordial Species

Level: 0 | Exp: 0

Curses: Bloodthirsty.

Weaknesses: Water, Sunlight, Holy element, Silver.

Innate Traits: Sharp Fangs and Claws.

Contracted to her master.

 

 

"Thank you, Viktor. They look so amazing," she added shyly checking them from different angles, naively unaware of his feelings.

"At least this one you are able to use right away," this time they realized the dissatisfaction in his tone.

Alice heard my whispering, causing her to repeat it out loud, "Viktor."

"Yes, my lady?"

"I have a mission for you," his eyes sparkled at the sudden words.

"Anything and everything you so desire."

"I want you to take Anasthasia with you and go explore the lower floors. Collect as much crystalization of experience as you can and return it to me."

"At once my lady."

Her blue eyes gazed at their backs, at the way they slowly vanished out of her sight.

'Was that good enough Pandora?'

'Yes. I hope they'll manage to get you some experience.'

'I think I want to make this place my home.'

'That's a great idea, Alice! You do need a place where sunlight doesn't bring any harm.'

Alice smiled, looking around, and finding it to be an alright place. In her eyes, it lacked a lot of things. Mainly furniture to make it more home-like and cozy. 

"It looks sturdy," her fingers touched the closest rock, feeling it rather resilient, impossible for her to break through.

She allowed her fingertips to smoothly pass on the wall as she walked around without aim, going as far as to laugh by herself.

"Look at this!"

"Look at that!"

"I'm free!" She extended her hands to the air spinning on her own, eventually allowing her body to fall on the rough ground.

'I'll really do it, Pandora! I'll make this whole mountain mine!'

'I'll do what I can to help you out.'

'Thank you for contracting with me.'

'Thank you for picking me, Alice.'

'I wouldn't have come this far without your tips and abilities Pandora.'

'You would have certainly died by the beach.'

At my words, her happiness vanished as she realized death would come to all as it once had. This caused her to remember her father, his malicious deeds, his ruthless personality, and the punishments he enforced upon others. Recollecting anything from that man caused great grievance upon Alice's expression.

Yet, it was not something so easily dissolvable.

6