Ch:37
128 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just as her words ended the leftover unnamed primordials knelt before her.

Similarly to before, her behavior was no less graceful than it had been with the first one, bestowing the four of them with names she felt were reasonable and to her taste.

To each their own gift and to my surprise, the prison of souls, devoid of green lights became.

Seven souls, seven gifts, I hadn't looked at it before with the same attention as now, since it horrified me, but certainly, it must've had some sort of meaning.

"Boris," the bulkiest of them, a man of some muscles who lacked the nutrients to reach his full potential. Food was lacking, and those containing proteins were even scarcer.

 

Name: Boris | 33 years old

Race: Vampire | Grade: Inferior Primordial Species

Level: 0 | Exp: 0

Curses: Bloodthirsty.

Weaknesses: Water, Sunlight, Holy element, Silver.

Innate Traits: Sharp Fangs.

Potential: Club.

Contracted to her master.

Club: To wield a big and large stick, is a feat of those who seek the primitive ways of squashing your enemies into pulp. It'll help the user to have a minor boost towards learning such mastery.

 

"Dominik," he looked amiable with a serene loving expression, idolizing Alice with his small and shining eyes.

Name: Dominik | 24 years old

Race: Vampire | Grade: Inferior Primordial Species

Level: 0 | Exp: 0

Curses: Bloodthirsty.

Weaknesses: Water, Sunlight, Holy element, Silver.

Innate Traits: Sharp Fangs.

Potential: Dagger.

Contracted to her master.

Dagger: To wield a small and sharp, is a feat of those who seek the primitive ways of getting hit due to having a low range. Yet, if successfully hitting your enemies it may very well cause them to suffer. It'll help the user to have a minor boost towards learning such mastery.

 

"Igor," a young lad, far shorter compared to his kin, almost as if he was out of place. He thanked her with a whisper and a soft blush upon his cheeks.

 

Name: Igor | 15 years old

Race: Vampire | Grade: Inferior Primordial Species

Level: 0 | Exp: 0

Curses: Bloodthirsty.

Weaknesses: Water, Sunlight, Holy element, Silver.

Innate Traits: Sharp Fangs.

Contracted to her master. | Contracted Ability: Blood Tracker.

Blood tracker, the skill to pursue a trail made of dry or fresh blood. The more recent it is the easier it'll be to track. 24-hour cooldown.

 

"Irina," an angelical pretty girl of childish stature not far from the reaver's one.

 

Name: Irina | 12 years old

Race: Vampire | Grade: Inferior Primordial Species

Level: 0 | Exp: 0

Curses: Bloodthirsty.

Weaknesses: Water, Sunlight, Holy element, Silver.

Innate Traits: Sharp Fangs, Night Vision.

Contracted to her master.

 

Night Vision, as a creature who is weak to light, your eyes will allow you to see a bit better than most races during the night.

 

Before the last one could say thanks, an immeasurable sensation overtook her whole being.

She looked from above, a tad distant from her physical body and the way it attempted to scavenge the corpses of the mushrooms, but to no avail. Their souls had already been lost to the world.

'Am I dead?' Her question came from the lack of emotions. There was only a bottomless hole in the place of what had been a kind and scarred heart.

Despite her past and present, she had been doing alright, healing bit by bit whenever the chance arrived.

'Pandora?'

'Yes, Alice?'

My words surprised her greatly, but they didn't match the shock of her physical body disappearing. Her eyes closed and then they opened in a more peculiar place.

It looked just like the cave she had been in for a while now, but it was a greener version of it. 

Confused, she took cover near the closest wall, peeking from time to time hoping to find something normal.

She dreaded the foes from before, those fiendish creatures created to hunt the living. Tormented souls lost to all the eternity of this damnation unholy garden, clearly a sufferable and corrupted realm.

 'I need souls,' yes, her feeble self remembered her race details. 

A reaver was one who stole others of their one and only essence. 

A thief who would stop at nothing to have its self-satiated very much to the point of saturation.

The more the merrier, especially when close to its limit: no more than seven souls.

Her tampered self, cursed by the master of death, the necromancer of the darkest arts, the unholy lich. If he was seeing her in this state, then he'd be clacking his jaw in amusement.

Death would come to her mortal self, or so he had foretold.

But fortunately, to Alice, it hadn't yet.

The needle penetrated her skin, sticking out for a good length.

Without Theseus near she knew there would be no green flames capable of burning those things. Thus, her eyes gazed at her weapon.

'I'll have to attack first.'

She was rather hopeful and logical about the situation, accessing the terrain, and looking everywhere without blinking. 

It was quite maddening and energy-consuming. But it was what she felt necessary to do, to come back to life.

From one of the pathways, her eyes caught a glimpse of something familiar but unexpected. 

'Mushrooms?' unlike the fresh corpses, these were a bit deformed and a tad bluish. Tiny parts were ethereal, causing the girl to believe their souls hadn't spent enough time in this place to become atrocious like the other ones.

'What a weird place,' she awaited it to approach, just in case there were far more hiding.

As she was about to step in, the blue tiny cute lights from once upon a dream, started glowing around it. But to Alice's shock what once looked harmless, now it looked deadly. Like piranhas, they bit the poor mushroom's physical leftovers, bit by bit, causing it an immeasurable amount of pain and despair as it failed to protect itself entirely.

It looked like a fierce battle of survival, one that the girl jumped in without hesitation out of sheer madness, seeking an opportune moment to hit anything possible.

Her feeding stick sucked one spirit after another, each satisfying part of her so dreadful hunger.

'More,' she told herself, trying not to lose her senses to the delicacy of their taste.

'More,' when the little hunters began disappearing one after another, darkening the cavern with their scarcities.

It seemed, there was something far more dangerous in this place: an apex predator enjoying herself. 

The wicked smile on Alice's face was as cute as it was menacing to any sentient creature who dared gaze at it.

Upon landing her needle and killing the last pretty tiny blue ball. The mushroom could finally rest and recover its senses from the pain it felt.

"Oh pitiful creature, ye who got tortured to the brink of yer spiritual self, shall now meet its eternal rest," her gentle hand softly patted its tattered hat, just before her needle found its way through, granting it peace from future horrors.

7