The lord, part 4 (6)
172 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          Fissur spit out his drink. As he watched his daughter leap through a secret hole in the wall, he started to panic. Why was she retreating into a hole in the wall? He looked over to where he had seen her talking to the prince. The only person there was a young girl that seemed to be using search magic to try and find them.

          He also spotted the prince hiding underneath a table. They were playing hide and seek, weren’t they? He then heard a noise from the place his little one had jumped through. The ornament moved back into place.

          “SHIT!”

        As she watched the hole close her mind was elsewhere. Svaria had found something. Well, it was really just a skeleton. But who cares? The bones looked slightly different from those of a human. The skull was different. And the fingerbones, hip bone, and limb bones, well they were all slightly different.

          She looked at them then noticed that there was no light. A snow elf had slight dark-vision. But CSGS had night vision. She then looked a what seemed to be a torch.

          It then lights itself. As soon as that happened, she noticed a glow of light iridescent green. That must be magic. Her instincts told her that it was just radiation though.

          She grabbed the torch and walked down the hall that was this secret passage. The walls seemed more modern than the walls of everywhere else. These walls also seemed to be very old as well.

          The dull white bricks and moss covering them told her that people either didn’t keep this place clean, or people hadn’t been here all too much.

          As she walked down the hall, she seemed to get a little bit antsy. The reason was clear, mana filled this hallway. It felt like an eternity as she finally came upon a small and insignificant door.

          She opened it with all the enhanced muscle she could muster. As it Cracked open, and she could see the other side. All she could say, or think was, woah.

          It was a grand bedroom. Golden sheets hung over the walls, as well as the bed. On which a woman lay. said woman looked to be sick. The slight glow of mana perforated her body.

          The room seemed like it hadn’t been set foot in centuries. She put out the torch and realized that there was no light. She probably shouldn’t have done that. Looking at the woman she walked up to the bed that held her.

          It looked like an old 21st century medical bed. The aluminum finally started to corrode after how many years. Svaria thought what would happen if she could manipulate the mana current in the woman’s body.

          She could tell the woman was alive, but what would happen if the mana were to dissipate? She could tell it was killing her slowly. The warmth was unnatural for a snow elf.

          Speaking of snow elves, this one was the most beautiful snow elf she had ever seen. The platinum silver hair that curled at the ends made her look like she had come from a snowdrift. The light white skin tone made her look like a corpse had gained a slight color. Her slightly dull blueish lips completed the look.

          Svaria put a hand to the woman’s forehead to check for a fever. She was warm, very warm. To the point where it felt like she had just been in the sauna. The woman seemed to react, as she took in a deep breath and let it out.

          Though she didn’t seem to be awake, her body still reacted to stimuli. Svaria opened one of the woman’s eyes. It was a deep ice blue. The pupil grew in response to the darkness.

          Next, Svaria put her head to the woman’s very full chest. Jeez they were soft. Like the chest of an angel. Anyway, she could hear a heartbeat. So that was fine. But her heartbeat was too slow for a healthy person to have.

          She hadn’t read anything about hibernation in the library. So, why was she like this? Was it a curse? Like the ones that were described in the books of her father’s personal library.

          Then she knew the cure. Said cure was absorption magic. Like the name implied, it absorbed magic. But she couldn’t use magic, could she?

          Wait, the nanomachines. They could absorb radiation. And mana was just that, radiation. If she just gave the woman a little bit of her blood and told her own machines to absorb the curse magi only…

          She did just that, first she would need her own blood. To get that, she would need a knife. She looked around the room. There, on the end table, sat a scalpel, well it looked like one.

          Grabbing it, she cut a line in her own wrist using her own strength more than the scalpel’s edge. Her own blue blood dripped into the woman’s mouth and Svaria waited. She waited for what felt like a whole hour, but it was just 20 minutes.

          Without warning, the woman began to convulse. Svaria held her down by landing on the woman’s chest. This seemed to snap something in the woman. Her eyes abruptly opened, and she screamed.

          No one seemed to be coming into the room. Even though, this woman seemed to be in pain. Svaria should not have done that. SHE. SHOULD. NOT. HAVE. DONE. THAT!

          The woman sat up abruptly, flinging the little girl from her. The woman, seemingly realizing that she had just shoved a little girl, stopped screaming. Svaria sat up. Rubbing her not actually hurt head, looked at the woman.

          “Ma’am, I know that you were sick. And I know that you were just woken up from probably a pretty god nap, but don’t fling kids across the room please,” Svaria said.

          The woman seemed to be dazed. Like she just realized that the dream she had wasn’t real. Looking around the room, she seemed to be searching for someone.

          She then locked gazes with Svaria. What the woman saw was a soul who had seen men and woman cut down. For you see, it was just a coincidence that both CSGS soldiers and elves could see the pure emotions of a person just by looking in their eyes. But this woman, she had a special kind of magic built into her eyes. she could see the past emotions of people. She could also see slight glimpse of their memories.

          “Hello little girl,” said the woman, shacking off the extreme trauma and force that lingered in Svaria’s gaze, “my name is Bryndis, what is yours?”

          “My name is Svaria, first born daughter of Lord Fissur,” she responded.

          The Bryndis didn’t know of any Lord Fissurs. So, she started to ask whom that was when a great ruckus came from the door that neither of them had bothered looking at.

          A rather strange looking man entered. He had the same eyes, skin, and hair as Luie. In fact, he looked like Luie but, grown up. He pointed a finger at Svaria then seemed to almost bust a gut. He held in a villainess laugh for about a second. Then he roared with laughter.

          “HA, HA, HA, I LORD AND KING, Archibald, thought a burglar had broken into the chambers-bers-bers of mine older sister. But a child ha-have walked in-n!” he held his gut again.

          This seemed to make Bryndis mad, so she started to lecture the King. But as soon as she started to speak, the king stopped laughing and looked at her.

          “SISTER! YO-YOU’RE A-A-LIVE!?” he yelled out.

          “Brother, of course I’m alive! And since when were you so old?” she asked.

          “Yo-you have be-been here since your-r c-cor-coronation. You were Pois-poisoned and we thou-thought you de-dea-dead,” he said.

          Oh yeah, Svaria thought she had seen something like that in her history books before. That was when the current king was still only about her age.

9