Sisters, part 1 (9)
192 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4: Sisters

          Sif looked at her daughter. Her back was straight with anticipation as she looked at her mother. Her hair was an almost bluish-white color; her black eyes leaning more into her father’s looks. This was her second child. She had had her right after she had had Svaria taken by what she thought was her friend, but it turned out he was simply not worth her time.

          She had found a job opening for a maid. This opening was put up by a block lord falling on dark times. They would take anyone. And because of her high magic ability, she was hired.

          The reason for the lord’s bad luck and fate was simple, his wife had died. Sif had fallen for the lord after only 2 months of work. She had approached the lord when he was grieving and gave him a shoulder to lean on.

          Because of this, he too fell for her. A week later she was pregnant. This girl was a year younger than her first child and she couldn’t bear to think about it. She was about 14, the age when they went to the academy.

          She had kept the secret of her identity from the lord, but she had told her daughter, Marrie. She was also about to tell her Sif’s second secret. Marrie had a older sister. She didn’t tell Marrie who this was though.

          There, they stood in the maids living space, for the lord and Sif had kept their love hidden. What they told the rest of the city was that Marrie was simply adopted from a home. The room was dully-lit. The only light was the candle in Sif’s hand.

          “Marrie, I need to tell you something before you go to the academy,” she said.

          “Marrie, I need to tell you something before you go to the academy,” mother said, “you have a sister, she is also at the academy.”

          Her second life was scandalous to say the least. First, she was the love child of a maid and a lord. Second, she had a unknown sister. Third, she knew what was coming next.

          But this wasn’t in the game. This world matched that of “love and Ice” almost perfectly. There was only one problem, she didn’t have any secret sisters in the game, and she wasn’t given a locked box that only her sister could open either.

          Her past life was that of a young girl in the 21st century. She was obsessed with the story of this world. and the gimmick of no one being human in the game was a real kicker.

          She looked up at her mother who had a rather sorry face. She was a snow elf. In fact, everyone in this city was a snow elf. Her mother then began to tell her about the academy.

          It was a place where one went to find knowledge and future love partners. Though, Marrie really didn’t care about the school aspect of the academy. All she wanted to know was who was going to be there. Her mother explained that the second prince and her fiancé were going to be first years there, same as Marrie.

          “You will be able to tell who your sister is,” mother said, “she jumps out at you in a obvious sort of way.”

          She took in all the information like a sponge. This whole segment wasn’t that of the game, it was new. There were multiple love interests that she cared about getting to know in real life.

          She wanted to meet them, and this new face. When her mother stopped explaining that later that week she was going to live in the dorm rooms of the academy she hopped up and down, her assets moving with her.

A week went by. She looked at the carriage that would be bringing her to the school was right in front of her. The academy was a large building that looked very Victorian era-ish. It bordered the walls that protected the castle.

          The carriage driver dropped her off in front of the large, formidable doors and she sucked in a breath. The second years and third years were milling about, while the first years were told by the to stand in a group. The teachers that said this stood in front of the entrance.

          She looked at the crowd and filed in. Multiple love interests were already here. In the game you had a choice on whether to be straight or go for the girls. She usually picked the boys, but sometimes went for the girls.

          The crowd seemed to gather not around the teacher, but the second prince. A person could enroll at 14 or 15 and the prince was 15. He had silver-ish blonde hair. His long ears poked through his short hair…

          Well, she could spot a difference already. The first and cannon love interest had short hair instead of the long hair he had in the game. That actually made his timid fa… the look in his eyes. He wasn’t the same guy as in the game.

          In the game he was timid, while she could see confidence in his eyes now. It was almost like his mind was looking forward toward a higher point. Marrie took in a deep breath. The day was going fast, and she didn’t want to dive too deep into the world of the game right now.

          She looked at the gathered kids. They all had on faces of anticipation. There was no uniform in this school, so they simply had what they wanted. She saw some wearing casual, some professional.

          And a girl in a rather large sun hat. The girl hung around the second prince as if shielding him. She was a couple inches shorter than him. Her somewhat military-ish looking uniform was a deep blue and black.

          “Listen, listen children!” called a teacher, “today is the first day of the new school year! We, the faculty, simply wish a set the ground rules for the rest of the year. So here they are. Number one, no sexual relations, or practices.”

          Well, the rest of the talk simply listed off all the different rules, Marrie looked for her sister. That was until she spotted someone whom she had only met once. It was a boy by the name of Strakt.

          He was a love interest. He walked over to Marrie and opened a conversation about the upcoming year. He stood rather tall, much like the second prince. Though, he didn’t have the same walk and stride as he.

          Strakt had white hair with deep sea green eyes. his gaze sent a shiver down her spine, and she quickly got caught up in his explanation on just how he thought people were going to break the rules.

          For you see, Strakt was a nerd. And not the nice kind, the kind that thought slightly better of themselves just because they something that the other party didn’t. that, combined with his gaze made Marrie feel like she was being molded in his hands.

          She didn’t mind the feeling; it was just that in the game the player went on a field trip with him if they went down his route and showed him that he wasn’t always right. That’s why he was even seen as a viable option in the community.

          As she listened, the hat girl looked at the both of them.

9