Old Freinds, part 3 (16)
80 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
never mind about the writers block. i've hit a second wind

          The rest of the week went by like this. That is to say, boring. While many people were probably awed at the magnificence of the academy, Svaria had seen better. Back on Luna many people went to the Lunar Academy.

          Sure, the halls were pretty, and the walls made from beautiful marble. But it wasn’t the wonderous aluminum-glass halls that were the Lunar Academy. It wasn’t the great experience of looking into the grand abyss of space and witnessing the stars twinkle, dead or alive.

          It wasn’t the great pillars of remade roman concrete holding the vacuum of space at bay. To feel the history of an ancient Terran empire being of use to their children thousands of years in the future. It wasn’t the gaze of the young or old people who sought growth and knowledge. To spread their legacy across the stars.

          She had slipped into her past memories, that was bad. She was walking down the halls of the academy and gazing at the ceiling carvings that she hadn’t seen the hole week.

          Luie had told her that his favorite ceiling carving was the one that led from the boys’ dorm to the hallway that met up with the girls’ dorm’s hallway. The author thinks he wrote that sentence correctly, correct him if he is wrong.

          Though, she really didn’t see the appeal of this one as it depicted a battle. Said battle showed the first king’s army slaughtering the people who lived here before. It was rather gruesome as it depicted a large amount of death.

          She was making her way from her dorms to the entranceway. Why, you may ask? Well, she was going to see Sif after years of not seeing her. Some may ask “why”?

          Well, it was simple, Marrie wanted to. Marrie wanted Svaria to meet Sif once again. Svaria wasn’t so sure. It would be rather confusing for her to explain how she knew of Sif. But Marrie had a plan.

          See, she would simply tell Sif that she told Svaria that she was her half-sister. This plan was less of a plan and more of a rule. If Sif asked about how Svaria knew of any of the things that she had done with the things Marrie had given Svaria.

          Svaria would simply tell Sif that what she did with the objects in the box were driven by a strange urge. This might worry her, or it would shut her questions to the line of well, those types of questions.

          The author doesn’t think he typed that right so bear with him. He’s kind of braindead right now.

          While she was walking and thinking about all of this she had made it to the entranceway. She opened the doors and found Marrie waiting for her. Marrie was in rather casual looking clothes and wasn’t really her primmed up self.

          Marrie usually made herself look rather pretty with makeup and the like, so this was a bit of a surprise. Then again, Svaria often did that when she was going on dates with Luie. Yes, the two of them often went on dates.

          I don’t know why the author’s brain is shocked by the fact that an idea that it came up with is something that it has never done before. But anyway. When Marrie spotted Svaria she walked over to her and grabbed her by the hand and pulled her into the carriage that her father had sent as they didn’t want Marrie’s new friend to know of their poverty.

          Marrie had told her father that she had made a good friend so good that they were like sisters. She also told Sif that she had found her other daughter. When Sif learned of this, she was rather nervous.

          Sif paced up and down the halls of her love’s home. The other servants walked past her and seemed put off by her nervousness. This was the first time since her daughter’s birth that she’d be seeing her.

          In fact, she was so nervous she was making marks on the carpet. People in this country didn’t wear their shoes while walking around that house, so her socked feet were out in the air.

          A knock came from the front door. The one of the brass servant bells hung up in the sleeping quarters she stood out in front of rang. This was a way to tell the servants where and when to come. It also worked as a very good way to tell them if they should prepare the house for guests.

          Was it her daughters? Was it a completely different person or people? Who could it be?

          She began to walk over to the front door and when she got there Marrie was standing there, taking of her shoes and looking at a person Sif had never seen before…

          The girl gave off a strange air. It was the same air that 24 gave off. That was her! Her first daughter! She was so beautiful! She would be able to tell that hair from anywhere. She also looked just like him.

          Except for the fact that instead of being incredibly masculine, she was incredibly feminine. Her soft face gave the air of someone who needed to be protected. Her black hair made her white skin and blue freckles that were barely even there stand out even more.

          The short cut of her hair was a shame though. At least that’s what she thought. If her hair was longer then it would probably make the boys in the classes that she went to do buck wild.

          She of course, had followed her firstborn’s progress in the world of nobility. She knew that she was engaged to the second prince. She knew that she probably didn’t even remember her mother’s face.

          Then Svaria looked at her with those same deep eyes as 24. The she had one grey eye and one deep cobalt blue eye. It was rather shocking to see such a deep and probing gaze directed at her. Then, a smooth, yet unyielding voice came from the young girl.

          “Hello mother. I haven’t met or seen you since the first day of my life. How have you been?”

       ‘That freaked her out.’ Thought Svaria.

10