Dragonfly, part 1 (19)
107 7 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7: Dragonfly

          Aron gave an imaginary big stretch. He was in sleep mode until recently. Now, he had woken up. He knew why he had woken up; a foreign AI had contacted him. He did not know why though.

          Maybe it had something to do with this planet. After a while of sleeping his sensors had picked up an artificial satellite in orbit around this planet. He could tell it was big, very big. But it was far enough away from the planet that you couldn’t see it with the naked eye.

          He stood up and looked around the valley with his optics. The city 24 was apparently in had a sewer pipe that ran from the base of the south side of the walls, into a rather large valley.

          Though, he would have to wait for the correct time to talk with him. He noticed something that caught his optic at the edge of his vision, it was a dog. The dog was rather mangy and all around grody looking.

          Though, he could tell it was more curious than aggressive. He then noticed something in his subroutines. It was a message.

          Svaria was sitting in her room. She was cleaning her gun as best she could. She didn’t have the right oil to oil it, but fish oil could work so she used that instead. Though, she only used it to oil the noncrucial parts.

          She had noticed Aron was here. He was near the city and she wished to see him once again. Aron had a strange quirk of not responding to messages when they were off duty.

          This had made many an officer mad at them. Though Aron was a rather free spirit when off duty, it didn’t mean he didn’t take things seriously. During duty he was very serious, being an AI and all.

          She had sent a message to him earlier that week, but he hadn’t responded to it. She was afraid he wouldn’t recognize her. Well, he probably would guess it right away.

          He was able to scan the brainwaves of anybody that sat in his pilot seat. It was very handy for the both of them as during battle, Aron could guess when 24, or now Svaria, was in destress and console her after a stressful battle.

          ’24, where are you? I haven’t been getting any messages from you in the past 15 years. What the hell happened? My sensors said you had fallen and died, but then resurrected and popped up 9 months later in this weird elf city; what happened?’ he asked through their mental link.

          It took here a moment to collect her thoughts and compile them in a sentence she could actually send over their mental link. She started by explaining what had happened and the whole of her life leading up to them now meeting.

          To say Aron was shocked and in denial was an understatement. It seemed to him that 24’s rape child had inherited the genetic memory gene from the CSGS genome.

          This trait allowed children of CSGS soldiers to inherit from them muscle memory of their CSGS parents. If the memories of 24 were passed down themselves that meant that 24 had a mutation in his gene mods.

          ‘Brother, this isn’t genetic memory. I had that gene mod checked. Remember we were on Terra, and we had just been bonded. The doctors wanted to make sure that the bond was successful and then they decided to check all the gene mods to make sure I didn’t have any mutations,’ Svaria told him.

          He was shocked to hear this. It was true; he had nearly forgotten. So, it was all true. 24 was no longer 24; he or should he say she, is now Svaria. That name rang a bell.

          It was similar to the word for different in Finnish. What a funny name. He couldn’t help but laugh over their VC. Soon, Svaria joined in.

 

sorry for the short chapter guys. my brain has once again, began to melt sorry for the short chapter again

5