Defiance
56 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**************

CHAPTER 12 

Walking into the brightly lit big chambers, Raphael’s lips held a knowing smile the second he looked at Serling. 

The sinfully handsome man leaned back against the black carved throne-like chair, with an elbow on the handrest while his hand supported his chin. 

His eyes were closed, revealing the long black lashes that accentuated his handsomeness even more in his sleeping state. 

“My Lord, it appears Lord Serling is…”

‘Sleeping?” Raphael held his palm to silence him and scoffed. “Then you do not know whom you serve. He is not asleep. He knows all that is happening now.”

Both men exchanged glances but did not say anything.

“Hmm.” Right before their eyes, Raphael lifted his right hand and immediately a dark purple crystal with sharp ends appeared between his two fingers. 

Alarmed, they called out in protest, wanting to stop him, “My Lord.”

Swoosh!

Carrying a force they could not comprehend at a speed that left them to blink, the crystal rushed at its target. 

It was too late as their Lord and master, sent the crystal straight for Serlings’ face. 

All eyes went wide when they saw the sudden attack but before they could act, Lord Serling lifted his hand just in time and stopped the crystal with the tip of his pinky finger. 

Several sighs fell off the lips of those guarding the big chamber but their joy was too soon. 

The next second, everyone saw a black crystal materialize behind Lord Serling, aiming for his head. A white crystal appeared in front of him as well, targeting his forehead. 

Together both crystals charged at their Master.

“My…” 

Keeping his eyes closed, Serling’s lips pulled back in a charming smile. He waited for them to get close enough, leaving the hearts of their subordinates in their mouth. 

Just before they connected, he disappeared as did the two crystals.

BOOM!

The heavy sound of an explosion behind the mansion garnered everyone’s attention as they snapped their head in that direction. 

“What did…” They were unable to form any words as they stood there in awe. 

“Hehhe told you he wasn’t sleeping,” Raphael’s voice reminded them, drawing everyone’s attention back to him. “Isn’t that right, Serling?”

“Aahhh!”

The two men behind him yelled out in shock as they leapt away from Raphael. 

They had been slightly distracted, taking their eyes away from Raphael’s attack briefly and when they looked back, Lord Serling was standing in front of them, right behind Raphael.

His long white robe made him look exquisite as his lengthy black hair cascaded behind him. 

“And you Raphy, you just do not know when to stop.”

Immediately both men lowered their heads before him and greeted him while apologizing on behalf of Raphael. “My apologies, Lord Serling, we could not stop our master from playing tricks.”

“Haha, isn’t this funny, Raphael? Your underlings make an excuse for your treacherous games. Tsk. They actually think I would punish you.”

He shot them a stern look keeping his bewitching smile on. “He is mine. I won’t hurt him. Dismissed everyone.”

No one waited for a minute to pass before they scurried off as he had instructed. Getting him angry wasn’t part of any deal they wanted to take. 

“No, stop making me waste time and let’s get down to business,” Lord Serling informed as he walked past Raphael. 

Raphael chuckled lightly, replaying the words Serling had uttered to his men earlier on. Really, he was his and he liked every way the Lord made that known to others. 

Suddenly he felt a pair of eyes on him and cleared his throat, without a doubt he was sure he had revealed his thoughts on his face.

He did not delay the Lord further and went over to take a seat in one of the black couches laid out at the centre of his visiting chambers. 

Serling, on the other hand, took his place back on the black throne-like chair, keeping his legs crossed as he thoughtlessly drummed away with his index finger on the chair’s armrest.

“What happened?” His deep voice echoed in fairly spacious chambers. 

Aside from the decorations and moulding in specific parts of the place, a big flat-screen TV was placed at the centre. To the side were a big double-door freezer and a counter housing the coffee machine amongst other things. 

On the opposite side was a mini-bar fully stocked with different drinks all of high calibre. From every little detail in his exclusively big mansion, his wealth was displayed thoughtfully.

“I’m waiting,” Raphael pointed out and placed his hand on the couch's headrest. “What bothers you?”

“Stormborn.” Raphael’s eyes dimmed the second the name was mentioned. “Damian Stormborn.”

“What happened between you and the sex god?”

“Nothing yet but he refused to see Blaine and now he wishes to meet me in person before doing business.”

“The insolence,” Raphael put lightly and crossed his legs too. His eyes turned serious as he carefully thought about the situation. Minutes later, he lifted his head, allowing his eyes to settle on Lord Serling. 

“What decision will you take? See him? Seduce him and bend him to your will or crush him?” A glint flashed in his eyes at the last option. As sweet as he could be, he was one of the demons who loved destruction more than anything. 

His life was dependent on it. And breaking someone, beneath him, he found that more exhilarating. 

“You love violence,” Serling stated. 

“As you love breaking me in bed, sure.”

Serling’s lips pulled back to the side, a small smile playing around the corners of his lips. “Come and out that mouth to a good use while I decide on what to do with Damian.”

“Tsk, now I am your thinking tool? I would rather be in bed taking all you got than be that. You have Blaine and so many others at your beck and call. I’ll pass.”

Serling scoffed and sat properly on the chair. “You… you love playing hard to get. Very well. Do not beg me to take you when your arse is eager.”

“Is someone threatening me? I am a demon Lord, my Lord, I deserve all my plays and pets, as yours. Earn me or my sprite would have me all to himself.” He twisted his lips, letting the colours of his eyes change to a more alluring hue. 

“I wonder what you will say when I take his life,” Serling played back with words. “Anyways, I will assemble the other Lords. We need to take over this region. Sadly, Stormborn’s reign will come to an end under my jurisdiction.” 

“Now, you’re talking like the Serling I know. Make him see you rather than go to him and I will bend more than my arse for you. My mouth would be all yours to your service.” 

*******

Meanwhile, Damian succeeded in getting Amber settle in his mansion. Once he got word that she had everything she needed, he visited her in her room. 

At first, he found himself knocking endlessly but Amber refused to open up for him until he threatened her with the servant pact. 

Left with no choice, she walked over to the door to get it opened but before she could save herself, Damian turned the doorknob and walked in. 

“You have got to be kidding me.”

“I have the master key. I only wanted to be a good guy. I see being one doesn’t cut out for you, Amber,” Damian informed her, walking into her room. 

Shocked, Amber retreated, going further in with every step he took. She had not forgiven him for kidnapping her, more so, she needed a cogent reason to escape him. 

While fixing herself up and getting into a change of clothes, she found her perfect excuse. 

“I want to go home,” she stated, stopping in her tracks. For her plan to work, she knew she had to prove to him she was not scared. Slowly, she brought her eyes up to meet his – a game of stares she knew she couldn’t win but she was determined. 

Anything to get her out of his grasp. 

His gaze darkened as the aura surrounding him became cold and domineering. He hated defiance and being a very popular person, defiance was something he rarely faced.

But standing before him, Amber seemed to be the very epitome of the word – doing so over and over again.

“You are not permitted to,” Damian responded, closing the gap between them. Just staring into her eyes, he felt his body react for some reason. 

0