Chapter 46: Date With Jenny And Her Jealousy
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three days later...

 

Jenny and I are standing outside of a movie theater, looking up towards the marquee. A movie about zombies is playing. 'The Last Strand' is the name of the movie. Jenny heard about it from a friend of hers back in the human world, and she was clearly interested in it.

 

"I really hope this movie is good; I'd hate to be disappointed. However, no one has ever failed to deliver a zombie movie, so my expectations are high. Also, this theater has really good popcorn, so that's a plus." Jenny said this as she approached the counter and requested two tickets.

 

"That'll be $14 total. Will you be paying with cash or card?" The man behind the ticket counter asked with a smile.

 

"I just paid with cash, don't you remember?" I say that as the man looks into my eyes, they shine a more vibrant red, and the ticket vendor acts like he's confused.

 

The man scoffs. "Of course, I don't know how I forgot! Please, I hope you enjoy the movie, and I apologize for that."

 

Jenny and I smile as we walk into the theater and grab our popcorn and soda. "It's been so long since we've been able to be alone and have fun. I'm really glad you convinced me to come with you." As we sit down in our seats, I say this with a smile. We would always sit in the back of the theater, mainly because we could see the whole screen and be alone without having to worry about someone being too tall and blocking the screen.

 

As the movie starts, I look over at Jenny, and she catches me staring. "What are you looking at? The movies started, Kamen." She says that as I lean in for a kiss, she seems caught off guard for a second, until she gives in and returns my kiss. We kissed for what seemed like eternity, but in reality, it was only a few seconds. We move back to our positions and watch the movie.

 

An hour and a half later.

 

We get out of our seats and make our way to the exit. "That was surprisingly good; I'm glad we came to see it." Jenny notices that I have stopped moving.

 

"What's wrong, Kamen?" She asks, worried.

 

"Carlie is awake; we need to head back. I'm sorry, Jenny." "I say as we head back to the Algost home, taking our time enjoying the scenery." "I wish there was a time where we could just be ourselves and not have to worry about anything at all." Jenny says this as we walk down the path toward home.

 

We sense a strange energy behind us as we approach the house. I quickly turn around, but nothing is there. It felt as if someone was watching us. Someone who was definitely not friendly said, "What's the matter, Kamen?" Jenny asks, confused, as she turns towards me.

 

I glance around and find nothing; the energy has vanished. "Someone was watching us; I don't know who it was. I didn't recognize the energy, but it's clear they mean harm." I say this as I turn back around and enter the house.

 

"That energy felt so strange; it was familiar, but at the same time it was so different. If someone is ballsy enough to start a fight with my new family, then it will be the end of them." I think to myself as I enter the front room and see Elizabeth, Ruby, and Carlie sitting on the couch.

 

Carlie looks towards me and seems oddly happy to see me, like I was her whole world. "Kamen, I'm glad you're back. Finally, I understand what you meant when you said I'd like to be a vampire. I truly feel alive." She says this as I look towards Ruby.

 

"What's with her?" I am confused. "It appears that your actions intensified her feelings." Apparently she has a thing for you and isn't afraid to hide it." She explained.

 

Jenny is clearly not happy. "You'll stay away from Kamen; he is mine and will always be mine." She growled out.

 

Carlie smiles while looking at Jenny. "I'm sorry you feel that way, but I can assure you, I do not plan to steal your man from you. I'm sure that there's enough of him to go around."

 

 

"Jenny, please stay calm. She's not wrong; I am her creator, and she belongs to me now. If she wants to be with me, then I won't stop her. But that will be farther in the future." I say this as I place my hand on her shoulder and attempt to calm her down.

 

She sighs and leaves the room, clearly frustrated.

 

"Give her time; she'll adjust. Anyway, there's something we need to talk about." Elizabeth turns to face Carlie.

 

"Show him." She says this as Carlie holds her hands out and materializes a ball of fire or lighting in one hand and ice or wind in the other.

 

"So, you're similar to me. I guess I should have known this was going to happen. I just didn't think that it would have happened to her. How strong is she?" I ask.

 

Elizabeth shrugs her shoulders. "I'm not sure, but she seems somewhat strong." We could always find out."

 

I shake my head. "That will have to wait; we have more pressing matters at hand. I need to figure out how to harness my END powers and incorporate them into my current power." As I sit down on the couch and look down towards my hands, I say this.

 

"The Original Ones, Ricktor, and the Creator." I just can't believe what they said. I wonder if Vlad would know anything about this. I mean, he is the king and progenitor of the vampire race; I'm sure he knows something." As I look over at Carlie and notice that she's staring rather intensely at me, I think to myself.

 

"Can you please level yourself out? You're starting to creep me out." I say this as Carlie frowns at what I have said.

 

"I apologize, Kamen; it's just that I can't thank you enough for this. You really opened my eyes and mind. It would seem that I am yours forever. I will gladly serve you." Carlie smiled and placed her hand on my lap.

 

Elizabeth squints her eyes and reaches out for her hand, only to have it suddenly freeze in place. Carlie turns her head toward Elizabeth and frowns. "Please do not attempt to touch me when I'm talking to Kamen." Carlie says this as she turns back toward me.

 

This clearly pissed Elizabeth off as she bursts the ice off of her hand and reaches out towards Carlie again, grabs her by the head, and throws her down to the ground, not giving Carlie a chance to react.

 

She releases her energy, and the pressure keeps Carlie down on the ground. "You will not disrespect me. I was the one who taught Kamen; I helped him hone his skills and powers. If you can't accept that, then I will gladly erase you from this world."

 

"Elizabeth. Stop." "I say as I get up off the couch, pull her back, and look into her eyes." Elizabeth looks into my eyes and slowly calms down.

 

"I'm sorry, Kamen." After that, Elizabeth sits back down on the couch, closes her eyes, and breathes in deeply, clearly calming herself down more.

 

"Carlie, there are some ground rules we need to go over if you want to stay alive and stay here with us." I say this as I reach my hand down towards Carlie to help her up.

 

She gladly accepts my hand, and I pull her up.

 

A few hours later,

 

As Carlie slowly gets used to her newfound strength, we decide to test out what her abilities are. We stand outside the house in the back yard, where Elizabeth had trained me.

 

"Carlie, in order to see what you can do, I'm going to train you the same way Elizabeth trained me." Do you think you're ready?" I asked her.

 

Carlie looks determined; she nods her head. With that, the training starts.

 

0