Chapter 36: The World Tree of Knowledge
15 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A wicked smile forms on Kamen's face, one that would send a chill down anyone's spine.

"So with this I can fully grow into my true potential." I say looking down at the book.

"Sigh, I guess you can say that, but I'm not sure that it's necessary fortunately."

Confusion forms over my face. "What do you mean? Wouldn't this help me out greatly?" I say with assurance.

Jasmine stammers. "I-it would. But with what I can sense within you, this would only turn you into a true monster. Something that this would really doesn't need."

"Let's say I did read this and fully grow to the maximum, how strong would I be?" I say with a grin. Jasmine looks at me with a look of 'Should I really have shown him this?'

"If, and this is a big if. If by chance that you did reach your full potential and reached your maximum. I'd say that you could easily be categorized as an 'END being'."

"What do you mean by END being? I don't think I've heard of this classification." I say truly not understanding.

"It's basically when a being has enough power to destroy the world and bring it to a new horizon and let the planet start again. There's a few in different religions and mythologies." She explained enough that I could understand.

I place my hand onto my chin as if to ponder this.

A wicked smile appears back onto my face. "This is wonderful, I've always wanted to be an all powerful being. Not really, but it is in the top 10 of my wants."

Jasmine cracks her neck as if a huge weight is now resting on her shoulders. "I knew this was a bad idea. Well, anyways Kamen, or maybe I should call you monster. This has been great, I'll give you what you want."

A great strength of knowledge enters my mind, I can see everything that Jasmine has seen over the thousands of years she's been 'alive'. I search my thoughts and I still can't find who or what took my parents.

"It doesn't matter." I think to myself. "I'll find them one day and make whoever took them pay."

Everything turns black and I awaken on the ground in-front of the tree. "I really hate that feeling." I say as I roll my neck to pop it and look around at everyone staring at me.

"Don't look at me like I'm a piece of meat you want, you sickos!" I say out loud with my hand in-front of my face feigning embarrassment . "Jesus, sometimes I wonder why I'm still with you." Alistair says while rubbing his head and sighing.

Jenny runs up to me and hugs me tight. "How was the world tree? You never did tell me what the others looked like?"

I clear my throat before answering.

"Ugly, absolutely ugly." A branch from the tree strikes me in the back of the head as I finish my sentence. Turning around I stare at the tree. "I'm only kidding you know that." I think towards Jasmine.

Sighing I look down at the ground, thoughts of my parents flood my mind. Seeing this Jenny puts her hand on my back. "What's wrong Kamen?"

"My parents are still alive. I don't know where they are, or that they're still safe, but they're alive." I say as I look into Jenny's eyes.

She looks at me in shock of what she's just heard. "How is that possible, from what I saw-er-heard, they were dead."

I look at Jenny with confusion and a slight ping of anger, "What do you mean 'saw'?" Anger creeping into my voice.

Jenny looks worried. " I was there when I saw them die, or at-least I thought they died. I didn't know they survived."

"Master I think shes lying." Ruby speaks up sensing deceit.

I look at Ruby and then back to Jenny. "Are you telling me the truth Jenny?" Anger fully taking over. Pulling her even closer. "Tell...Me.....Now...." The anger in my voice slowly distorts to something more evil and sinister.

She gulps and sweat can be seen slowly falling from her head. "It's just.... Yes, they are alive, I won't deny that. But I'm under-oath. I can't say anything else Kamen. Please believe me, I would if I could." Jenny says pleading with me.

"So you knew this entire time and you never told me anything. To think I trusted you. We made love Jennifer!" I yelled out and dark energy can be seen radiating from my body. Everyone sensing this and tries to intervene.

"Please, Kamen, she says that she was under-oath. I agree that it was wrong of her to not let you know. But please, don't do anything drastic." Elizabeth says stepping in-front of me. Looking into her eyes, my anger slowly starts to deflate.

"Fine, but don't think this is over Jennifer." I say turning around and walking away.

Jenny was in shock. Kamen had never used her full first name before. "I messed up big time." She says looking down full of sadness.

-----------------------------------------------------

Somewhere in the underworld

A man can be seen walking to a cell that housed two humans. The man bangs against the metal cell. "Wake up you two, feeding time." The man says as he drops the food into the cell. The man and woman look down at the food and slowly getting up. "I really miss him, Richard." The woman said as she reached out for a piece of bread that was on the plate. The bread look old and stale, but it was better than nothing. The woman takes a bite of the bread and winces with how hard the bread is.

"I know Marie, I miss him too. I wish we could've seen him go through high-school, I miss everything about him. If only I could have him in my arms one last time. I wouldn't mind dying." The man says and he reaches for the other piece of bread.

Richard starts thinking about the past, the last day they were on earth with his son. It was a beautiful sunny day, the wind was on the mild side, not too strong but not too weak that there wouldn't be a breeze.

He sees his son running around in the grass in their back yard trying to catch their dog. Richard was so happy that Kamen was alert and always active.

"Hey buddy, it's time to go in; Mom's made dinner for us"

Kamen turns around with a smile on his face. "Yessss! I'm Sooooo hungry!!!"

He runs into the house eager to eat whatever his Mother made him. Marie turns around and sees Kamen running towards her, she bends down and picks him up and gives him a bear hug.

"Hey there sweety, I hope you're extra hungry. I made hamburgers tonight." Marie said as she looked at him smiling.

A cell phone rings, Richard picks it out of his pocket and looks at it and sighs. "Honey, it looks like we have another job headed our way."

Marie looks back at Richard. "Oh. What kind of job is it?" She asks without looking suspicious. Richard looks over at Kamen eating his hamburger and smiles showing beef in his teeth.

The man sighs. "It's another one in NG, it would seem that there are a few Vampire's that are running amuck and someone has sent out a letter for it."

Marie looks down at Kamen and frowns. "How long do you think it will take?" Richard shakes his head. "I'm not sure Marie, it could talk a couple of months or it could take a week."

"Hey buddy, Mom and Dad are going out for a bit okay? Your best friend Jennifer is coming over to spend some time with you while we're gone. I hope that's fine with you." Richard explains to Kamen as he gives him a big hug.

The door bell rings. Marie goes over to open the door. Outside of the door rests Jenny very excited to be spending more time with Kamen.

"We are going to have so much fun! I hope you guys are safe on your trip!" Jenny says as she hugs both of Kamens parents.

Marie and Richard both smile and Jenny. "We know you guys will have lots of fun together. Just please be safe Jennifer he still doesn't know what you are." Marie whispers to Jenny.

Jenny nods her head in excitement. "I will, I promise!"

"We're leaving buddy, just remember we love you alot." Richard says to Kamen as he and Marie leave the house.

Outside the house Marie and Richard run towards their car and head to their headquarters.

They pull up to a building that looks like a bank but was a secret headquarters of the Hybrid Humanoid Agency.

Richard sighs. "I wish we could leave this life, each mission becomes more and more dangerous. If something happens to us, what will happen to Kamen."

Marie puts her hand on his shoulder. "Everything will be alright Richard. I have faith that nothing will happen. It should be a normal job, nothing too risky."

Richard nods before exiting the car and heading inside.

Inside, the bank looks ordinary and bland. The wall are porcelain and shiny with pillars holding the building together. A man can be seen behind the counter.

"We're here for the job." Richard says to the man.

The man looks at Richard and smiles. "Right this way Sir and Madam." He leads them to an elevator and presses B for Basement.

"How many times is this?" The man asks the couple. "Too many." Marie says while sighing. Reaching the bottom level the elevator door opens up to a room that is 20 times bigger than the building up above.

"If OSHA knew about this they would have a shit fit." Richard laughs out as he and Marie walk into the briefing room.

2