Chapter 38: Book Of True Vampire Evolution
15 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walking down the path, I keep thinking to myself.

"Why would she lie to me?! What else was she lying about? I have to figure it out somehow. But for now, I need to focus on myself and trying to evolve."

The beasts all around me are moving in unison never striding from their nature. "If I'm going to make this work, I need to study that book in seclusion." I saw to myself as a black portal opens up infront of me. Walking through I notice that everything is different than before.

My senses heightened as I stepped into the unknown. Glancing around, my gaze settled on the porcelain walls with black trim, and the single lightbulb that illuminated the room like a beacon of hope from above. In its center rested a somber table cloaked in black marble, a lamp draped atop it like a blanket for protection. Taking a seat, I pulled out an aged book bound in leather, its title engraved with gold ink - Book of True Vampire Evolution. A chill ran down my spine as my mind spun with anxious curiosity about what secrets this book might tell. With a deep breath, I opened the pages to reveal the glossary within, bracing myself for whatever twist this journey might take.

"This is interesting, so to evolve to different states of a vampire I'll need different things; nothing is the same for each evolution. That's unfortunate." I think to myself as I read on to learn of the various abilities that different stages of evolution hold. The book was filled with pages upon pages of instructions on what I would need to do in order to gain the power associated with each form of evolution. Each page carried with it its own warnings, promising that if the rules were not followed then dire consequences would befell me. As the chapters unfolded, I felt my excitement growing more and more. For the first time, I had something that could help me become the vampire I wanted to be.

The first few stages were relatively easy but by the time I reached the fourth stage of evolution, things got more complicated. From here onwards, special ingredients had to be gathered in order for me to successfully transform into the higher levels of vampires. Some ingredients could only be found in certain places while some required dangerous negotiations and long journeys through dark and unpredictable lands.

But despite all this work, I was determined not to give up; this was something that I so desperately wanted that nothing would stop me from achieving it - no matter how hard or complicated it became. So with determination and courage in my heart, I pressed on - determined to find a way to reach my ultimate goal - becoming an unrivaled vampire of unparalleled strength and power.

"So the abilities become more and more varied as the stages go. With the first stage, a 'Ghoul-Like Vampire' I'm able to access great speed and strength up to 2x times my normal strength but my thirst for blood is increased each time I used my abilities.

The second stage 'New Born Vampire' it would seem allows me to control vampires, similar to the charm. But this only works on Vampires that share my blood. It also grants me the ability to increase my strength even further than before; this time the increase is 4x, but the thirst of blood is slightly increased.

The third stage ' Teenage Vampire' allows me to change my physical appearance but only for an hour at a time, to increase this I would need to consume more blood.

The fourth stage 'Adult Vampire' apparently allows me to control the shadows, this costs no blood as adult-hood has evolved to be able to control the thirst. It also explains that the previous abilities are combined together into one. "

I continue reading on until I reach the sixth stage 'Arch-King' Vampire. "It would seem that I am able to turn more entities into vampires, but what they truly turn into is varied. Some may turn into vampires but other may turn into various races. Or the worst case... They turn into a 'Ghoul' a being that loves rotting flesh and has a thirst for blood that is not comparable to anything else. It would seem that I am also allowed to take any land that claim it as my own as long as I can beat the owner of the land in a battle to the death or if they submit to my rule and follow me."

Unconsciously my hand starts rubbing my chin. "This is really interesting, I never knew that with each evolution the abilities and privileges would be so vast. I would assume that Vlad is at-least a King level Vampire which would mean he is at the sixth stage of evolution."

After reading that the lower I stopped on one stage of evolution. Stage Ten ' Vampire God'. This stage of evolution is able to choose their ability and the strength behind it. It also goes on to state that with the 'Vampire God' they are able to control other vampires regardless of them having their blood within their system, and they are able to create a rift in the realm and travel to different planets within the known cosmos and the ability to have true immortality only being able to be killed with the heart of a dying star or something with the same power. But once killed, the Vampire God is able to return when the requirements are met.

"This is.....This is crazy; how is it possible that someone could be this powerful? It should seem impossible." I think to myself as I read the requirements to reach this stage of evolution. It would appear that one would need to consume the soul of a 'King level beast', the heart of a Demi-God beast, along with the blood of 10 thousand vampires mixed with the blood of an alpha werewolf and or an alpha demon. "Holy shit, this is some list. It would damn near be impossible if I wasn't immortal already." I scratch my head in confusion.

Feeling dazed I close the book and stand up.

"How long have I been in here?" I think to myself.

"By my time, you've been in here for 5 minutes but out in the real world, it's been 24 hours." Vestis says as he appears next to me.

"Terrific, I really need to go an apologize to Jenny. It was wrong for me to get angry at her." I say out loud as I stretch my body.

"Is it wrong though? She lied to you about your parents and knew about it all your life. If it were me, I wouldn't forgive her. Maybe I would just eat her." Vestis says with a smile as he licks his black and cracked lips.

"That's you, not me. I just want to know if everything that we've experienced together was real, if she really loves me; or if it was all a lie." I say as I exit the void and appear back at the front of the house.

Slowly, I open the door unsure if anyone is back yet. To my surprise everyone is in the kitchen. Jenny hears the door open and walks over to me, a look of sadness written all over her face.

"I'm really sorry Kamen, for lying to you about everything. If there was a way to tell you what happened I would; but if I were to tell you, I would die." Jenny says with a tear slowly rolling down her face.

I wrap my arms around her tight.

"Everything is alright Jenny, I've had time to think about it and I forgive you. Sometimes the best thing to do is lie. But in the future, let me know if something is wrong and I'll do my best to help you."

Jenny nods her head and kisses me.

"It would seem that Master is not telling the whole truth, I can feel the anger that dwells inside of you. The urge to rip her head off; to erase her from reality. It's eating at you." Ruby comments.

I glare at ruby darkening my eyes with the void. Quickly she understands that she is in the wrong.

"My apologies Master, I didn't mean to upset you. I will accept any punishment that you desire." She says bowing her head.

Holding my hand out to her, I let the darkness flow from my hand and I pull her in closer and let her join the hug.

"It's okay Ruby, just next time. Please don't say anything like that in-front of Jenny. Also, can you please stop calling me 'Master'? It's really weird."

"I will try my best....Kamen...." forcing herself to say it.

"Anyways, I've been reading this book. It's opened my eyes on alot of things." I say as I throw the book down on the table.

Seeing the book, Alistair squints his eyes.

"Where did you find this?" He questions me.

"I was gifted it by the tree of knowledge, she assumed it would help me out. She also thought it was a bad idea for me to have it. Unfortunately, you won't be able to take it with you. I've branded it mine with the void, if anyone were to try and take it by force or without my permission it will return back to the void until the next time I need it." I explain as I hold my hand out and create a can of soda.

Taking a sip I almost spit it out. 'Sigh' "It's fucking flat. I'm not doing soda again." I say as I drink the rest of it with disgust.

2