Chapter 42: Taming My New Found Strength
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Teleporting back to the house, Alice starts working on magically engraving the ring.

"How long do you think this will ta-" Before I can finish my sentence Alice hands me the ring.

"It's just runes, a witch like me would never have a problem with them." She says as she pounds her chest.

I look down at the ring and see the runes that go all around the ring light up in a purple hue. Putting on the ring I instantly feel like I've had a weight lain on me.

"This feels so weird, it's like I'm human again." I say as I try to run around as fast as I can.

It appears the ring has served it's purpose, I notice that I'm only running alittle faster than I did when I first turned into a vampire.

"What will happen if I train while wearing this?" I ask Alice but Elizabeth speaks up.

"If you were to train or fight with that ring on, you will still get stronger, it just won't feel like it until you take the ring off." She explains

"How do you know about this?" I ask her.

She shows me her hand.

But nothing is there, suddenly a ring appears on her finger.

"This is one of my restraints." She says with that predatory glare again.

I'm filled with what I believe is lust, but why am I feeling this? I wonder to myself as I figure it out.

"She drank my blood so I can feel what she feels." I think to myself as I realize that Jenny drank my blood too. "Is that why I've felt sad?"

"Jenny I'm sorry if I've made you sad, is there any way that I can fix this?" I ask her.

I see a glint in her eye; realizing this was a mistake, Jenny speaks up

"Yes, there is; follow me Kamen." She says before taking my hand and leading me to her room.

3 days later.....

"Being a vampire is so much fun." I say as I roll over facing her.

She looks exhausted, like she just lost a fight. In this case she did.

Heading back down stairs a letter flies underneath the door and lands on the rug. Curious, I pick the letter up and read it.

"You can't be serious." I say in shock

"What is it?" Jenny says feeling my annoyance and shock. She reads the letter and soon she's annoyed.

"That rat bastard Vlad wants us to come back?" She yells out.

"Maybe we should hear him out." I say as I feel her glare dig into the side of my skull.

"This is a bad idea, Kamen." Elizabeth says walking into the room with a red and black outfit on.

"That looks amazing on you." I accidentally say outloud.

Jenny glares at me before walking outside.

"Anyways, I'm going to see what Vlad wants."

Everyone shakes their head disappointed in me.

"It probably won't even be that bad." I say opening up the screen and choosing Vlad's castle.

Appearing inside the throne room, Vlad is visibly taken back.

"How did you just do that." He asks eyes wide.

"I can't tell you that; but what was this letter about?" I ask holding the letter.

Vlad clears his throat. "I forgot about the letter, but I wanted to apologize for my actions. Upon reflecting on them, I went alittle over-board when I should have just listened to you."

It's clear it hurt his pride saying that.

"Why now, why not apologize after the fight?" I ask squinting my eyes.

"It's clear that you would be a valuable ally, and I do not want to tarnish that. Is there anyway to make amends?" He asks not to seem too desperate.

Thinking, I realize what I want. I look at him and smile.

"That damned smile, I know it's going to be stupid." He thinks to himself.

"I would like my own plot of land near your kingdom where I am able to train as much as I like and go to your stores as much as I like. I'd also like to be able to recruit other vampires into my 'Family'." I explain to him, putting extra emphasis on the world family.

Vlad squints his eyes. "Fine, but on one condition. If one day I would need your help; you must come to our aid."

I nod my head and bow. "Any thing for you my 'King'"

Vlad searches my eyes, trying to see what gives me such confidence to speak to him in the way. Soon his eyes widen with shock as he realizes what's happened.

"You've evolved, you're at my level. How did you manage to do that?" He asks curious. "It was Elizabeth, I drank her blood and combined all the souls inside of me into one 'completing' me." I explain with a smile.

"All the souls? He had more than two?" He thinks to himself before realizing that I had mentioned Elizabeth.

"I should have killed that woman long ago, now she's created a monster." He says outloud.

"Correction; Jenny, created a monster the moment she turned me. So you have her to blame."

Rolling his eyes Vlad looks to me once more. "How will you build your home, I am sure that the vampires in my kingdom won't be willing to help you without fully knowing you. You haven't exactly put faith into them about your.....personality." He says.

"That's easy, I'll just snap my fingers." I say as I snap my fingers. Trying to figure out what I mean, Vlad suddenly hears a rumble outside of his kingdom and goes to his window in the throne room and looks out.

"This man just created a castle akin to mine with just a snap of his fingers. Just what all did he do to be able to do such a thing?" Thinking to himself.

"It's beautiful isn't it, much more beautiful than your castle." I say suddenly appearing next to him.

Vlad jerks alittle. "It would be in your best interest to not appear like that again." He says with an angered tone to his voice.

I shrug my shoulders.

"Get used to it Vlad, it'll happen more times than you think." I say as I smile at him and leap out the window landing on the ground and denting the dirt beneath me.

"You're fixing that!" He yells out to me.

"I turn around and give him the middle finger and go inside the castle.

Rubbing his temple Vlad feels like it was a mistake letting his build his castle next to his. "I should have just killed him, my head-ache has returned."

Inside my castle I look around and snap my fingers again; the rooms are suddenly filled with various things from the human world. Game stations, TV's, beds, couches, etc.

"It almost feels like home. Now I just need one thing." I say to myself as I make my way to the refrigerator. Opening it up, I glance down at the milk inside.

"Definitely not drinking that." I say to myself as I close the door and search for the Golden Cinnaflakes.

"There you are." Reaching for the box I open it up and take a handful and shove it into my mouth.

Soon after, I spit the cereal out of my mouth.

"Great. That tastes like shit too." Putting the box down I decide to walk around the castle and see what I can find.

After hours of walking through the castle, I slowly begin to realize that this place is basically like Vlad's castle but with stuff from the human world.

"That's disappointing." I think to myself as I decide to go back to the house.

Everyone looks at me relieved that I'm okay.

"What did he want?" Alistair asks.

"He wanted to make amends, and we've come to an agreement." I say shrugging my shoulders.

A knock comes from the door and shocks everyone, mainly because no one heard anyone walk up to the door.

"Whoever it is, they're fast and silent." I say out-loud as I walk towards the door. Opening the door, no one can be seen.

"What the?" Is all I can say as I feel something tugging at the bottom of my shirt. Looking down I soon realize it's a vampire young-ling. "Who are you? How did you get here?" I ask confused.

The vampire young-ling slowly put its head down. "I'm lost, I can't find my way home."

Shaking my head I look back down at the child. "Where do you live? What's your name?" The child looks up to me and smiles.

"I live in King Vlad's kingdom, I was sent out by my mother to hunt and to train my body. She wants me to be a guard one day and she says I can't be one if I'm weak."

Jenny puts her hand to her mouth in shock. "That's terrible, we can help you find your way back, why don't you come inside?" She says.

The child nods his head and walks inside behind me. Soon, I see Elizabeth's eyes deepen with anger and shock. Turning around I'm suddenly pierced through the chest, a blade made of silver sticks out of my chest, covered in blood and various runes.

I look at the sword in shock as I grab the blade and snap it in half.

"Kamen, watch out!" Jenny yells out as she tries to run to me. She doesn't get far as the 'Child' picks me up with the broken part of the sword and throws me out of the house onto the ground.

The child turns around and its' eyes glow violet as everyone in the house is frozen in place. Getting up off the ground, I see everyone frozen and I finally see that child isn't a child.

"Who are you really?" I ask squinting my eyes. The 'Child' turns around and looks at me with a serious glare.

"I am apart of a group that rebels against Vlad and those that side with him, you have been deemed as a threat and will be treated as one." He says as he drops the sword and pulls out a dagger and holds it in a way that shows this isn't the first time he's done this.

Standing up onto my feet, I hold my hand out. But nothing happens. The child rushes me again, I kick out and hit him in the side of the head with all my might. The sound barrier is broken as the child is sent flying at insane speeds hitting several trees felling them in the process.

I rush back into the house, "What are you guys doing? Move!" Yelling out before I notice that they seem like statues. "Where the fuck is Alexander at? I could really use some help right about now." Soon I feel a tingling sensation in my back, as I try to reach back, the blade of the dagger leaves my body and I drop to the ground paralyzed.

1