Chapter 19: Choice 2
6 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You don't really think I am just going to leave them to die do you?" Spirit questioned flabbergasted by Damian's cold response. He wasn't about to run knowing that his friends, or at least what's left of them, would die. Especially with two inhuman bad asses who could take on a horde of undead between the two of them. Switching to Japanese he then directed his pleas to Xandria. "Would you help me get my friends out of the city as well?"

Xandria looked at the man, the only signs he wasn't happy with what Spirit asked being evident with his body language. Or what little of it she could actually gleam from him. She could tell he wasn't happy with the idea, which made her want to do it. Without any reasoning behind it. Was this an emotional response? She couldn't tell.

"Yes, I'll help you." She nodded earning an aggravated sigh from Damian.

"If you want to go and get yourself killed, then be my guest. I'm not going to stand around and watch." He growled hopping off the roof.

"Wait!" Spirit yelled after the man looking over the edge, where he expected to see a brand new blood stain. He saw something that shocked him even more. He saw no sign that the man was even there.

After having lost the remnants of the horde that Spirit had led away. Dylan and the others sat inside of a radio shop, having been let in the knick of time by an older gentleman. Breathing heavily he'd look over the rest if the group who all sat on the ground with painfully empty looks in their eyes.

He wondered if that was how he looked himself. Sighing Dylan ran his hand through his hair taking a breath only for a sudden glass to be shoved in front of his face.

Looking up he saw the old man holding out a coffee cup to him. Which was full of something that smelled rather delicious.

"Thanks" Dylan said as politely as he could taking the cup from the man taking a sip. The sweet comforting taste of hot cocoa invaded his senses, though there was a somewhat weird aftertaste to it. Maybe part of a family recipe?

The old man would then go and offer the same to the others, all of them gratefully taking the glass and drinking it down. In honesty it was the most soothing thing they had tasted.

"So...are we going to look for Spirit...?" Yui questioned looking at the rest dried tears staining her beautiful face, her eyes were as hollow as her voice. It was a painful sight to bear. Due to circumstances none of them had any control over, and in the span of a handful of hours most of her friends had died. Some of them brutally, and some of them sadly.

The question she asked was a loaded one. One that none of them were really sure that they could answer, the last they had seen Spirit he was leading most of the horde away from them. Most likely dying in the process, the only question that remained being. Do they actually risk their lives to find his remains? Or do they try to get out of here.

Dylan's biggest mistake in trying to be patient was not expecting the undead. He still hadn't told any of them about what he had seen on the television, nor about which were the areas they really needed to go through. But with everything as it was, it would probably be best to convince them to survive so they could remember their friends who died. So that they could live long and full lives, move on from the hell they are currently living in making it a faded memory.

"What are you expecting to find...scraps of bloody cloth? Maybe a leg bone? A head?" Kazui questioned looking at her. "If you really think going out there and finding whatever is left of him just to soothe some part of you, then be my guest!"

"Kazui...that isn't fair.." Yui spoke obviously trying to hold back any further tears, it was honestly surprising she had any left as she had cried harder in the last couple of hours than she had in her entire life.

"It isn't fair?! I watched one of the fucking zombies walking holding TSUKI'S FUCKING HEAD. None of this is fair Yui opening your fucking eyes! We are supposed to be students worrying about entrance exams and what we are going to do on summer vacation! NOT IF WE ARE GOING TO DIE IN THE NEXT DAY OR IF WE EVEN HAVE A CHANCE IN ANY OF THIS" Kazui all but bellowed as he was the first in this situation to give into his tears.

"Don't take it out on her...we are all hurting...all tired...all exhausted. We just need to...take a moment...to breathe." Shiro spoke softly placing his hands on their shoulders. "Please...don't take it out on each other..."

"Right.....I didn't...mean to go off on you like that..." Kazui slurred his words together glancing down at the cup in his hands. He noticed that his grip was loosening, even though he wasn't doing so willingly. Rather he was doing the opposite. Trying to hold onto it with all the strength he could must, which honestly wasn't much given the situation.

Feeling like he was starting to loose full control of his body, his eyes darted to Shiro to his right, then to Yui to his left. Then finally straight to Dylan who was slumped over in his chair, before he could even react further.

A group of men come out from what must've been the shops back room all tatted out, dressed in suits or casual street wear. All wielding any wear between basic knives and and bats, to both long and short guns. All geared to the four of them in this room.

2