Chapter 29: An Increased Sense of Fear 2
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How about it kid? Do you want her to save your life?"

Spirit could barely make out those words as Damian spoke. Or did he?

It was so hard to tell what anything really was at this point, or even if they were really speaking the words they had been. For all he knew he was still trapped under what used to be the hotel hallucinating to the point that he'd been moved all to way to wherever they happened to be.

Sighing as Damian continued to wait, he looked at the boys face and realized the look of confusion that was evident. Was he too far gone to even tell reality from whatever his mind was trying to do. Debating against his better judgement he knew saving his life was what he had to do. But was it worth turning him into something completely different without his consent?

"Katana you still there?" Damian questioned to his phone trying to think of something. "Can you see if the girl can get ahold of his consciousness?"

Xandria looked at the phone and listened as the man on the other end of the line translated for her. She understood the severity of the situation at hand, and knew she had to act quick.

Kneeling next to Spirit she placed a gentle hand on his chest she leaned close to him to whisper into his ear.

"Are you okay with me saving your life?"

Glancing over to her with the movement of his eye alone. Something inside his mind told him that she alone was real. The realest thing he could see, feel.

He didn't want to die. He was afraid, and didn't want to embrace the inevitable didn't want to embrace the darkness.

So out of an act of desperation, and not wanting to let the last of his life dwindle away.

The only problem was that he didn't even have enough energy to even speak, much less move. Looking up at her with his eye as his vision continued to wane. The only thing he could hope was that he conveyed what he wanted with just a glance.

"Okay." She whispered back to him pulling out her sickle and stabbing it right into his heart. Killing Spirit as she carefully watched the life leave his body. Before she did something that not even Damian expected next.

She bit down on his shoulder taking a chunk of flesh out of his shoulder with her teeth. Allowing for the virus that made her an Infected and others the undead to enter into his body.

[Current Day]

Yui sat there in stunned silence after what the frail man had done. Having looked like he could barely even hold himself up, it was a surprise that he was even capable of grabbing her and almost choking the life out of her.

Looking back out the window, she took a deep breath taking in the unbelievable sight of destruction. Though she was far from believing that what she'd gone through was a nightmare at this point.

Turning to the door Yui noticed that the door was cracked open. Looking around at the room and how safe it was, there was nothing about the situation that hinted that it was at all safe. Especially if she was the only one in a room like this.

Though the fear that Yui felt in this moment was enough to keep her rooted where she stood. Were her friends enough for her to risk her life?

Pausing as that thought crossed her mind, she couldn't believe that she'd even think of such a thing. If it weren't for Spirit, Dylan, Shiro, and Kuro. She'd be dead right now.

Mustering up as much courage as she could, she opened the door the rest of the way walking into a massive room that was on the level of some kind of feudal manor. Being open and airy. The floor was a bamboo mat that had soft red silk layered over it, either to show off the wealth of whoever owned this, or to act as some form of padding to make it more comfortable on whoever walked on it.

To her surprise there seemed to be no one around in the area. Was that man the only other person in the building?

Frowning she glanced over to what was a massive redwood door, which was strange to see a door like that in a building as old as this one.

Walking close to the door she paused the moment she heard muffled screams of pain from the other side. Freezing in place at the sound her fear tripling. She didn't know what to do.

The the longer she stood there the more she began to recognize just who's screams it was. Before Yui knew what she was doing she found herself opening the door just wide enough for her to gaze upon the horror.

The sight of the man with black hair tearing into Shiro's body, worse of all he seemed to be relishing in the pain he was delivering.

Don't say a word. Don't utter a single sound, don't let HIM know you are here.

Those were the thoughts that trailed through her mind as she watched the man beginning to consume Shiro's internal organs while he was alive. The sight of it all made her want to puke, yet self preservation gave in.

This continued on torturously over the corpse of a few minutes before eventually the life completely left Shiro as his body lay there lifeless as the man continued gorging himself on the flesh. As the man ate, it was almost as if he were regaining some of his youth. Turning from a withered shell of a man. To one that was roughly ten or so years younger. His skin becoming less tight against his body having more air of life about him.

"What are you doing outside of your room?" The gruff voice of a man spoke from behind her loud enough to gain the attention of the man who killed Shiro. Earning a sick and twisted smile from him.

0