Chapter 1 – The creature decided to be Reimu.
868 5 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the meadows of an unknown place, tiny sparkles could be seen glimmering in the grassy plains. Despite the presence of the wind, the sparkles continued to gather, undisturbed in their course. Gradually, the sparkles coalesced into a lump of sparkling dust, which in turn transformed into a mysterious creature that appeared to be made of darkness itself.

From within the vast black fog, a single purple eye emerges, its piercing gaze surveying its surroundings. Gradually, the fog begins to disperse, revealing the form of a mysterious creature that had been concealed within.

The creature bore a resemblance to a reptile, with only two front limbs and a shadowy body that tapered towards its tail.

A voice, smooth and mischievous, rang out into the empty meadows. "Nicesuuuuuu~," it purred, as if enjoying the sound of its own voice. "I have completely bypassed the watchful eyes of the creatures that oversee this world," it continued, its tone filled with pride and accomplishment.

The creature, a reptilian shape, slinked out from the shadows, its two front limbs barely grazing the grassy plains below. "Now that I'm here, and the nearby creatures are oblivious to my presence," it thought to itself, "I have to plan for the future. I should make my appearance very natural so as not to arouse suspicion."

As the creature surveyed the new world it had arrived in, it began to contemplate its next move. "Taking bodies is a solution, but it can implicate me in the early run," it mused to itself. "Fate and destiny want to cling to me if I do that." The creature knew that there were risks involved in taking over a mortal body. Instead, it decided to gather more information on the world it had entered.

"I should do some research first to know what kind of technology is available here. I hope it's not as advanced as the 5010 Earth Faction, because it's going to be a pain to hide…" The creature knew that it needed to be cautious in its approach if it wanted to remain undetected.

After some thought, the creature decided to turn into a crow. "This kind of bird exists or is rumored about in 97% of the planets I've visited," it reasoned. "I should scout a nearby village first to ascertain what creatures exist."

With its decision made, the creature took flight, soaring through the air in search of a pathway that was used often. As it flew, it kept a keen eye out for any signs of life or civilization.

The mysterious creature observed the world below and noticed a diverse range of creatures living in various states of civilization. It became concerned that its plan may be complicated by the complexity of the world it had entered. "There are many kinds of creatures here, ranging from those found in fantasy worlds to those in low-civilization societies," it murmured to itself.

"This complicates everything. I hope it's just the animals." As it flew closer to a nearby village, it was surprised to see houses made of cement, along with cars and motorcycles. "Wow, this village is a bit special," it remarked.

As it flew closer to a nearby village, the creature noticed something suspicious about the buildings. "Is this really a village?" it questioned. Its gaze was drawn to a tall building with a sign that read "Holo-Live?" The creature shook its head. "Nah, I'm good."

"I'll fly in the opposite direction of that building," it thought. "I feel like that building is full of flags ☆Events☆." The creature made a guess about the building's purpose, adding, "That is a big organization. I'll bet my entire stash of elves pictures that the building is the HQ of important people."

Feeling relieved, the crow decided to sing its sorrowful song, but was suddenly interrupted by the sound of air gun shots. Startled, it quickly realized it was being targeted and tried to flee the scene.

"Crap!" the creature cursed, regretting its decision to let its guard down.

After ten minutes of flying, the creature arrived at the edge of the city. It looked around, searching for any clues that could help with its plan. "I'm in the city right now, in the edge of the city to be precise," it murmured to itself, determined to find the information it needed. The creature began to scout the area, keeping a low profile to avoid attracting unwanted attention.

-Hololive HQ-

The video of the black bird's suspicious behavior played repeatedly on the monitor in the Holo-live HQ, causing concern among the staff.

The air in the room grew tense as the leader abruptly slammed their hand down onto the desk, causing a sharp sound to echo throughout the space. "I'm afraid we have a problem," the leader announced with a sense of urgency in their voice. "Our location has been compromised."

"Sir, what should we do?" a staff member asked.

"I need to consult the Boss about this," the leader said, "but in the meantime, notify all members that they cannot enter the HQ due to an emergency. We need to arrange for scouts to standby within a 1 km and 600 m radius around the base, and specially build a station in the river, groove, and the point of entry."

"Affirmative," the staff member replied.

As the door opened and slammed shut, the leader muttered to themselves, "I need to prepare for the worst outcome." They picked up the phone and began dialing.

-Unknown Location-

As the mysterious figure looked at their phone, a hint of annoyance flashed across their face. They quickly typed out a message and sent it off, muttering under their breath about their colleagues.

"I should let the others know this," they thought to themselves. "I've tolerated them enough, but if they lay a hand on my people, I'll beat them up until they become paste." With a determined look in their eye, they set off towards their destination, ready to protect their own at any cost.

-Unknown Park-

The black crow gracefully perches on a nearby tree branch, its watchful eyes scanning the surroundings. Upon spotting a weary student napping on a nearby bench, the bird transforms into a nearly-transparent smoke that creeps towards the sleeping figure. The smoke engulfs the boy before receding back into the bushes. The crow then takes to the skies once more, its mission complete. The whole process is executed with a fluid grace and calculated precision, as if it has done this countless times before.

The crow had arrived in a new country, Japan, known for its advancements in technology. It had extracted information from a sleeping boy named Aoi Takeda, whose identity and location the bird had discovered. Taking a moment to observe the surroundings, it noted the popularity of VR games, VR idols, manga, and anime in this country. Amused, the bird celebrated its victory in a bet it had made with itself. "Talking to myself is one of my personal favorite pastimes," it mused, letting out a deprecating sigh.

The crow flew around the outskirts of the city, taking in the sights and sounds of this strange new world. It noted that there were active cults, but fortunately, there were also organizations dedicated to hunting them down. Terrorism wasn't as popular as it used to be, but the crow knew that it had to be careful nonetheless.

As it flew, it spotted a homey shrine with a pink-haired girl cleaning in the yard. The crow hesitated for a moment, but ultimately decided to avoid any potential trouble and flew over the mountain opposite the shrine.

"Sakura Miko, one of the idols of Hololive," the crow muttered to itself. "Why do I always find something that is troublesome? I don't want my peaceful life to be destroyed in just a few hours on this planet."

With that, the crow continued on its journey, searching for a safe place to rest and gather more information about this strange new world.

The black crow had found a new home in an old, rundown shrine on the other side of the mountain. Excited about the prospect of living in peace and solitude, the crow immediately set to work to make the place livable. Using magic, the crow fixed the tatami floors and the inner walls, and created a cozy futon mattress and cover with synthetic magic.

A wooden desk with shelves was set up near the windows, and a chair with a cushion was placed beside it. A dresser and closet were arranged, and books were placed below the table. The crow cast a spell to clean the whole room, and even added a light in the corner. Finally, the crow lit up an incense stick, filling the room with the soothing scent of lavender. Content with its new home, the crow settled in for a peaceful night's rest.

The black crow transformed into a black fog, which gradually took the form of a silhouette female human. As the figure solidified, she pondered her appearance. "For my appearance, should I transform into my favorite Shrine Maiden?" She wondered out loud, "I'm pretty sure that game doesn't exist here, after all, it's not Earth that I am familiar with." The woman considered her options, contemplating how to blend in with the society of this unfamiliar world.

The black fog began to take on a more solid form until it transformed into a beautiful girl with long brown-black hair and brown eyes. She wore a red ribbon and matching tubes on her side locks, a red skirt, and a sleeveless red top with a white collar, tied with a ribbon. She completed the uniform with a pair of white detached sleeves which exposed her sarashi.

"Oops, I forgot to bring out the mirror," she said before letting out a sigh of admiration. "I'm so beautiful."

She then introduced herself body identity named Hakurei Reimi, a character from a bullet hell game called Touhou. "It's recommended for masochists, though admittedly I'm one of them," she chuckled. "Still getting wiped out in phantasm stages... it's created by ZUN, and the music is so good that I like to hear it when I'm fighting."

She paused for a moment before asking herself, "Should I use the name of Reimu?" She thought about it for a moment before deciding, "Hmm... why not? I'm going to be an over OOC Reimu... wait, I like money, I prefer fighting without talking because I know I will probably feel bad if I hear the backstory of the person I beat... I like lazing around and get angry if being disturbed."

Realizing that her thoughts were becoming dangerous, she decided to call it a day and get some sleep.

Guess I'm kinda sorta not terrible at writing now... not that it matters, but it's better than my old garbage, I guess.

 

 

 

 

 
18