Arc 3 – Chapter 10: Approval.
52 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the Kazama household, the members present took a moment to introduce themselves, each bearing their significance.

"Let us introduce ourselves," began Kazama Yoichi, a sense of authority in her demeanor. "My name is Kazama Yoichi. The unconscious person there is my husband, Kazama Irosuke, the Clan Head."

The attention then turned to Kazama Yuruichi, who spoke with an air of wisdom and experience. "My name is Kazama Yuruichi, the Grandmother of Kazama Iroha."

Reimu, maintaining her composure, introduced herself in turn. "My name is Hakurei Reimu, the Miko of the Hakurei Shrine."

Yuruichi, her curiosity piqued, raised an interesting point. "Miko? You know, I thought Mikos wasn't supposed to have relationships."

Reimu's response carried a note of clarification. "Not at all, especially considering I am the last person to bear the name Hakurei."

A sense of understanding seemed to settle between them. "I see... Pardon for bringing up memories," Yuruichi acknowledged.

Reimu's reply was gracious, putting any potential discomfort to rest. "No offense taken, it's fine now."

As the conversation continued, a member of the household arrived with a tray of tea, serving it gracefully on the table.

Iroha, ever supportive of Reimu, chimed in with her comment. "Grandmother, I did tell you that Reimu is very reliable."

Yuruichi regarded Reimu with a discerning gaze, her curiosity evident. "Hmm... somewhat she is, but I will know for sure."

With a direct question, Yuruichi sought to gauge Reimu's awareness of her actions. "Reimu, are you aware of what you have done?"

Reimu's response was resolute. "Yes, I am."

Acknowledging Reimu's acknowledgment, Yuruichi made her intentions clear. "Then, I will personally test you. Come with me."

The shrine maiden complied, following the matriarch of the Kazama family to a designated training area. Iroha's concern for Reimu's well-being was palpable.

"Iroha, please take it easy on Reimu!" Iroha pleaded, her worry apparent.

Yuruichi's response held a sense of responsibility. "I can't do that, Iroha-chan. After all, if she can't handle me, then how can she handle the enemies of the Kazama clan and protect you?"

Iroha's determination shone through, even as she protested. "I can protect myself!"

However, Yoichi chimed in with a dose of reality and support. "Iroha-chan, you can't do that, you know. You have to believe in your partner right now."

Iroha's response conveyed a mixture of admiration and awe. "But Grandmother is super strong."

Yoichi observed the confrontation between the shrine maiden and the matriarch with a knowing thought. "Though the shrine maiden isn't that simple either."

The two formidable women stood face-to-face on the training field, their energies focused and determined.

With a swift and graceful motion, the matriarch leaned in and, carried by a gust of wind, appeared right before the shrine maiden. Reacting swiftly, Reimu brought up her gohei to parry the incoming sword strike.

Clank

Yuruichi's observation held a touch of admiration. "Ohh... your gohei isn't made of ordinary wood."

Reimu's response was matter-of-fact, reflecting her status as a Miko. "Of course, I'm a Miko after all."

She continued with a hint of self-awareness, "Though it's very awkward to use my gohei in a sword battle."

Yuruichi offered an alternative, gauging Reimu's preferences. "You want to change weapons?"

Reimu nodded, her determination unwavering. "Yes, if possible."

Permitted by Yuruichi, the shrine maiden gracefully leaped back and retrieved a sword, her choice a weapon named Roukanken.

Curious, Yuruichi inquired, "That sword, what's its name?"

Reimu's response was succinct, "It's called Roukanken."

"I see," Yuruichi acknowledged.

Without hesitation, the matriarch charged toward the shrine maiden. As their blades neared each other, the shrine maiden's sword emitted a soft pink glow, and she executed an upward slash. Reacting swiftly, Yuruichi planted her foot on the ground and propelled herself backward, evading the attack.

A faint trace of pink aura lingered in the air as the exchange unfolded.

"It's like I'm fighting a master of swordsmanship," Yuruichi remarked with a chuckle, "and you already know how to incorporate your aura into your sword style."

A determined glint shone in Yuruichi's eyes as she continued, "I have to get serious."

In response to her resolve, the matriarch drew yet another sword, intensifying the challenge ahead.

With a graceful leap, the shrine maiden's sword emitted a vibrant pink glow as she sliced through the air. In response, a pillar of pink beams materialized, accompanied by a gentle cascade of cherry blossom petals.

Swift and agile, the matriarch skillfully evaded the attack, maneuvering to avoid the incoming cherry petals. Determined to counter, she executed a dash cross-slash in a move to strike back.

But the shrine maiden was ready, her voice ringing out with authority, "Jinfu - Genseizan!"

Executing her technique, the shrine maiden dashed forward, her sword striking the matriarch. A radiant blue light engulfed the matriarch's position, marking the impact of the strike. As the shrine maiden sheathed her blade, the blue light gradually dissipated, revealing the matriarch kneeling on the ground.

Through a strained voice, Yuruichi acknowledged, "It hurts... but it's not fatal?"

Reimu's response carried a tone of assurance, "Of course, after all, I'm here to win over your granddaughter, not to make her hate me."

The scene was soon filled with emotion as Iroha rushed forward to embrace Reimu, gratitude and relief evident in her expression. Nearby, Iroha's mother applauded with approval, while her father rubbed his head, a mixture of relief and amusement etched across his face.

Yuruichi's hearty laughter filled the air, a genuine expression of surprise and amusement at the shrine maiden's incredible strength.

"Then, am I accepted into the family?" Reimu inquired, her voice carrying a note of hope.

Yuruichi's response was immediate and affirmative, "Of course!"

Irosuke's agreement followed, his voice carrying a mix of approval and resignation, "I can only agree..."

Yoichi chimed in, his tone light and teasing, "Of course, after all, Grandmother approves of you."

With unspoken understanding, the shrine maiden's gaze met Iroha's eyes, a silent exchange passing between them.

Sensing the unspoken invitation, Iroha closed her eyes and leaned in, her face tilting towards the shrine maidens.

But before the moment could fully unfold, an abrupt interruption shattered the scene.

"YOU—" Irosuke's exclamation rang out, his voice laced with shock and protest.

Yuruichi's elbow made swift contact with Irosuke's side, prompting him to faint in response.

The shrine maiden tilted her head slightly, her eyes closing as their lips met in a gentle and tender kiss. The moment seemed to transcend time, surrounded by the ethereal beauty of blooming cherry blossoms and the soft rustling of the wind.

As their lips touched, the air seemed to come alive with a romantic aura. Pink cherry blossoms swirled around them, adding a touch of enchantment to the scene as if nature itself were celebrating their connection.

When they finally parted, a warm smile graced the shrine maiden's lips, while the blonde samurai beside her wore a happy grin.

"They are fated, it seems," Yuruichi mused, her voice carrying a sense of knowing.

Yoichi's smile was evident as he nodded in agreement, "It's a good omen for sure."

Meanwhile, Irosuke remained unconscious, covered by a gentle blanket of cherry blossoms, a peaceful participant in the unfolding romance.

--

As the dinner progressed, the atmosphere grew more pleasant, with the group engaging in pleasant conversation. However, the father's lingering gaze carried a hint of malice as he observed the shrine maiden.

Amidst the lively exchange, Iroha spoke up, her tone carrying a touch of earnestness, "Father, it would make me sad if you didn't accept Reimu..."

Irosuke's internal conflict was palpable, his thoughts wrestling between his daughter's happiness and his reservations. Ultimately, he relented, albeit begrudgingly, "Fine... Hakurei Reimu, I'll wholeheartedly accept you as a family member. I'm only doing this for my daughter's sake, so don't misunderstand."

Reimu's smile remained genuine as she responded, "Of course, I understand, Father."

Irosuke's immediate reaction was stern, his voice laced with a mixture of annoyance and reluctance, "DON'T CALL ME FATHER!"

The celebration continued in a spirit of joy and laughter, marking a peaceful conclusion to the day's events.

As the night sky enveloped them once more, the shrine maiden and the samurai took to the skies, soaring back toward Tokyo.

"I didn't think you knew swordsmanship," Iroha remarked, her curiosity evident.

Reimu's response held a hint of mystery, "I know many things. After all, I am a Shrine maiden."

"I'm sure a shrine maiden doesn't know as much as you," Iroha commented, her tone tinged with admiration.

Reimu chuckled softly, her response carrying a touch of mystery, "Is that so? I believe Shrine maidens possess a wealth of knowledge, but they often keep it hidden from the world."

"Probably," Iroha agreed with a knowing smile.

A more serious question arose, one that had been discussed before, "Are you sure you'll love me even though I already have two other lovers?"

Iroha's assurance was unwavering, her response filled with certainty, "We've already talked about this, and I'm sure we'll get along just fine."

"I see," Reimu acknowledged, her doubts somewhat assuaged.

"Just so you know, even if you were to add more to the mix, I wouldn't hate you. It's not that you're attracting people; they're naturally drawn to you," Iroha added, her cheeks reddening.

Reimu's smile widened at the compliment, "You're so cute, Iroha-chan."

"Mou... stupid," Iroha mumbled, a playful blush on her cheeks.

Once again, the shrine maiden leaned in, their lips meeting in a sweet kiss.

"Mouuu..." Iroha let out a half-hearted protest, though her feelings were more than evident.

As they descended back into the city, the samurai and the shrine maiden chose to enjoy a mini date, cherishing their time together before embarking on their respective duties.

--

So, yeah... romance. It's like a sprint I accidentally signed up for, thanks to that 200-chapter finish line. My past self must be on a speed run since my pacing skills are, well, you know, either 100 or 0. Gotta keep that anxiety entertained, right?

6