Arc 3 – Extra
44 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the quiet ambiance of the bookstore, Marisa's voice cut through the air.

"Patchy!"

The librarian, Patchouli Knowledge, looked up from her book, her expression unamused. "If you're planning to take another book without proper care, I suggest you reconsider that behavior."

Marisa shook her head. "Nah, I'm here to ask you something."

Patchouli raised an eyebrow, her interest piqued. "I'm listening."

Marisa's gaze was direct as she posed her question. "Is Reimu Kuro's reincarnation?"

Patchouli's response was measured. "I don't understand the context of your inquiry."

Marisa's tone grew more insistent. "This isn't the time for evasive answers, Fate. Just give me a straight answer."

The librarian's eyes seemed to hold a hint of recognition. "Despite not having met for a thousand years, you still recognize me."

Marisa's confidence didn't waver. "Of course. After all, you act like you know so much, but I know you don't have all the answers."

Marisa's voice carried a mix of frustration and urgency as she confronted Patchouli.

"Tell me, Fate, why did you rescue me and let me see her again?"

Her tone grew even more pointed as she continued, her questions unrelenting.

"And why did you manipulate others into liking her before making her fall in love with you?"

Marisa's eyes bore into Patchouli's, seeking answers to her burning questions.

"I know your feelings for her are genuine, but I need to understand why."

Patchouli's response was heavy with remorse.

"It's because of my fault that I allowed her to die."

She spoke with a burdened tone, her regret evident in her words.

"If only I had wielded my power, I could have kept her alive. Yet I let her die."

Patchouli's voice trembled with the weight of her guilt.

"I used her and you as pawns in my attempt to erase the outer world."

Marisa's frustration boiled over, and with a swift motion, her hand connected with Patchouli's cheek in a resounding slap. She seized the librarian's collar, her voice laced with anger.

"Huh? Did you become this foolish?!"

Marisa's words were sharp, cutting through the tension in the room.

"This isn't your doing alone! We all made choices, and acted on our own free will!"

Her grip tightened on Patchouli's collar as her emotions flared.

"This is about us, not just you!"

The bookstore seemed to hold its breath as Marisa's words hung in the air, a confrontation of emotions and truths.

Marisa's words cut through the tension like a blade, her frustration and determination evident in her voice.

"She sacrificed herself because she found beauty in everything!"

Marisa's gaze bore into Patchouli's, her conviction unwavering.

"And I sacrificed myself to protect the ones she held dear. So don't you dare treat us like mere puppets in your grand plan!"

Her grip on Patchouli's collar loosened as Marisa's emotions spilled forth.

"I know the pain you've endured after finishing the outer world, but that doesn't give you the right to blame yourself!"

With finality, Marisa released her hold on the book owner.

"You're Fate, one of the first gods to exist. Stop being a fool and tell her how much you miss her and love her!"

Patchouli's confusion was palpable as she questioned Marisa's unexpected outburst.

"Why are you doing this? I thought you hated me?"

Marisa's response was layered with complex emotions.

"I do hate you, but it's because you're always in the picture. She loved you the longest, knew you the longest, and became who she is now because of you."

A determined resolve emanated from Marisa as she made her way to the door.

"You brought her happiness and solved her problems without her even realizing it. But if you continue being a martyr, I won't hesitate to blast you with all the love I have!"

With those words, Marisa exited the library, leaving Patchouli behind, tears streaming down her face. The weight of her choices and the truths Marisa had spoken lingered in the air.

3