Arc 4 โ€“ Chapter 1: Meeting the Boss
53 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the tranquil setting of the Hakurei Shrine in Gaia, a shrine maiden could be found engrossed in reading a manga, a piece of chocolate lingering on her lips.

"What's with the MC?!" Reimu exclaimed in mild frustration. "He trained so hard with swordsmanship and was a blacksmith, but why is he always using a gun now?!"

With a dismissive toss, she sent the manga flying into the void.

"I'm bored," she sighed, her thoughts wandering. "Gacha isn't appealing when I can get the prize I want in a single pull. Skill-based games feel like cheating after mastering every genre for centuries."

Her mind shifted to recent events. "(Oh right, Patchouli confessed her feelings, and she's good friends with Marisa. Just had a group date yesterday.)"

Reimu pondered, her expression slightly bemused. "Still, I didn't think I had a harem protagonist halo on me... Even though it's normally impossible for me to have one."

As if on cue, the sound of her phone ringing interrupted her musings.

"Hello?" Reimu answered.

"Reimu!!! I miss you!!!" Iroha's voice greeted her enthusiastically.

"You're already missing me this morning? You're quite the spoiled child, Iroha-chan," Reimu teased with a chuckle.

"I'm not spoiled at all! My boss wants to talk to you right now, so I'm coming to meet you in person. We can travel together!" Iroha replied energetically.

"Okay," Reimu agreed before ending the call.

"Is it because I'm dating two of his talents?" Reimu pondered briefly before dismissing the thought. "Whatever."

Turning her attention elsewhere, she picked up another manga and a bag of potato chips, settling into her peaceful routine.

--

At the base of the mountain near the road, a car pulled up, and the back window rolled down, revealing the blonde samurai.

"Reimu, sit here with me!" Iroha exclaimed, gesturing for the shrine maiden to join her in the car.

Reimu entered the car, and the samurai joyfully linked their arms together. A spontaneous kiss between them surprised the driver and co-driver, evident from their astonished expressions.

"Mou... people are watching," Iroha whispered with a slightly embarrassed smile.

"I remember you kissed me in a public place, though, with many people watching us," Reimu playfully retorted.

"I just did that on impulse, so it doesn't count," Iroha defended herself, blushing.

"You're so cute, Iroha-chan," Reimu complimented, continuing their flirtatious banter.

Meanwhile, the two other passengers in the car had less-than-pleased expressions.

"Are you perhaps Hakurei Reimu?" Vergil inquired, his voice breaking the tension.

"Are you stupid? She really is Hakurei Reimu. She kissed Iroha right in front of us," Dante muttered under his breath, his annoyance evident.

In the confined space of the car, Vergil whispered, "It's an icebreaker question, so don't think I'm stupid."

Amid their hushed conversation, Iroha couldn't help but giggle at Vergil's comment.

Reimu affectionately ran her fingers through Iroha's hair, the samurai enjoying the attention.

"Yes, my name is Hakurei Reimu," she responded, introducing herself.

"My name is Vergil, and he is Dante, my right-hand man," Vergil explained, clarifying Dante's role.

"Not that kind of right-hand man! It's an assistant position," Dante interjected, attempting to clarify further.

"You're making it more suspicious, Dante!"

Reimu chuckled, dismissing any potential misunderstandings, and replied, "It's okay, I won't misunderstand it."

"If possible, can we ask you some questions?" Vergil inquired.

"Sure," she agreed.

"First one, what is your job?" Dante queried.

"I'm a shrine maiden of the Hakurei Shrine," Reimu answered.

"Second, how long have you been in a relationship with Iroha?" Dante inquired.

"More than a month," Reimu replied.

"It's very recent..." Vergil thought to himself.

"Third, do you know about hololive?"

"Yes, it's a company of entertainers," Reimu answered.

Dante stifled a laugh, and Vergil nodded in agreement.

"Fourth, what is your rank?"

"Ascendant," she stated.

"A shrine maiden with an Ascendant rank? She must not be underestimated." Vergil mused internally.

"Fifth, what is your relationship with Ninomae Ina'nis?"

"She is also my girlfriend," Reimu responded.

"Are you two-timing?" Vergil raised a skeptical eyebrow.

"Not at all, they confessed to me, so I accepted them," Reimu clarified.

"This human is holding some secrets," Vergil thought, his curiosity piqued.

"Hold on, 'they'? You mean there's more?" Dante asked, surprised.

"Yes, excluding Ina and Iroha, there are three more," Reimu revealed.

Vergil and Dante exchanged shocked glances, clearly taken aback by this revelation.

The car journey continued in silence as they traveled, with Iroha sleeping soundly on Reimu's lap.

--

During their collaboration, the conversation took an unexpected turn toward the topic of kissing.

Gura turned to Ina curiously, "Do you know how kissing feels, Ina?"

Ina pondered for a moment before responding, "Hmm... if I were to describe it, it feels sweet and pleasant at the same time."

The chat erupted with surprise and speculation:

"Wait a minute!!!!"
"Ina has a lover?!!!"
"It must be a lie!!!"

Gura, visibly taken aback, began to sweat nervously. "Are you serious?"

Ina nodded, her tone almost dreamy. "Though I just kissed her this morning, it feels so sweet."

The comments continued to pour in:

"Her?!"
"A girl!!!"
"Yuri?"
"Homolive?!!"
"Ina gae?!!"
"Homolive true?!"
"Envious"

With the potential crisis averted, Gura shifted the conversation.

"I see, so on what stage are you now?" she asked Ina curiously.

"We've reached the point of handholding and kissing," Ina replied casually.

The chat reacted with playful comments:

"Handholding?!"
"How lewd!"
"Ecchi~"

Gura couldn't resist her curiosity, "Have you two taken it further?"

Ina chuckled, "I wish, but I think we're taking it easy for now..."

Curiosity turned back toward Gura as Ina inquired, "And what about you, Gura?"

Gura hesitated for a moment, and then a realization seemed to wash over her. A shy blush crept across the little shark's face.

"I don't know what you mean... let's move on," Gura quickly changed the subject, trying to divert attention.

However, the chat remained suspicious:

"Suspicious..."

"I'm telling the truth," Gura reassured, attempting to dispel any doubts.

A string of comments flooded the chat:

"๐˜Ÿ"
"๐˜Ÿ๐˜Ÿ"
"๐˜Ÿ๐˜Ÿ๐˜Ÿ"
"๐˜Ÿ๐˜Ÿ"
"โŠ˜ This comment was deleted"
"Lol"

--

Vergil's inquiry cut through the conversation, a note of incredulity in his voice, "Okay, so you're telling me that you have five lovers right now?"

Reimu's reply came without hesitation, her tone calm, "Yes."

"But please don't raise your voice, it's going to disturb Iroha-chan," she added, her gaze fondly resting on the peacefully sleeping samurai in her lap.

Vergil's understanding was evident in his response, "I see, understandable."

Amidst their exchange, Dante interjected, his voice carrying a sense of urgency, "There are 'Bandits' in the front."

Reimu swiftly directed her request, "Can you lower the window here, please?"

Vergil complied, a hint of curiosity in his tone, "Okay?"

As the window descended, the shrine maiden took swift action. Glowing blue amulets were hurled out of the window with precision, soaring toward the location of the bandits. The amulets struck with accuracy, rendering the would-be troublemakers unconscious.

"You can call the police to pick them up," Reimu instructed, her simple yet effective attack leaving the two onlookers amazed.

Dante wasted no time, determination in his voice, "I'm on it."

Vergil felt a sense of reassurance as he observed Reimu's strength.

"I feel more reassured to see your strength," he admitted.

He continued, "Of course, I don't have to worry about them in your care."

Reimu smiled in response. "I'm honored to hear those words."

The car continued to drive smoothly, with no obstacles hindering its progress.

--

A heated discussion was taking place among viewers after a collab between Ina and Gura. In the collab, Gura had asked Ina about her experience with kissing, and Ina had surprisingly answered quite clearly, revealing that the person she had kissed was a girl. This revelation sparked speculation and excitement in the comments section.

"Are you sure it's a girl?!" "Maybe it's a guy!" "Nope, I have evidence it's a girl," one comment claimed, accompanied by an image showing Reimu and Ina in their human forms on a coffee shop date. In the image, Ina leaned in to kiss the girl.

"Ina and a girl kissing?" "See, Homolive is true!" "I didn't think it would be real!"

The discussion quickly grew rowdy as fans eagerly embraced the idea of the "Ame x Same" ship becoming a reality.

ย 

3