On the subject of boggards
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I find it difficult to believe the Toad-Folk are in any way a threat to our way of life. Allow me to explain:

It is true, a single boggard clutch contains hundreds of spawn. However, of those spawn, less than ten will survive, metamorphose, and make it to adulthood. This whole process takes around three years. Now, we are unsure of how often boggards are able to reproduce. But considering one human family can raise a boy to reach fighting age at fourteen , a single boggard family, with the same amount of time, could rear dozens of fully trained fighters. Which begs the question, why have they not taken over?

Simply put, the same reason they supposedly threaten us: their culture. The dreaded toad folk are isolationist and brutal. Born of the swamp, these savages never evolved beyond their primitive, disease infested mud-holes, seeing ‘progress’ and ‘technology’ as abominations towards nature. Any idea that doesn’t fit into their narrow-minded “might makes right” attitude is to be immediately repressed.

A boggard is just as likely to kill its own mother as they are an invader! Infighting and cannibalism plague their society, and the swamp has never been a forgiving place to hunt. It is perhaps for these reasons, their tribes have reportedly never grown beyond eighty in number.

I understand that occasionally, our settlements have suffered gravely at the hands of boggard raids. However these settlements were out of the reach of our military's protection. We have never failed to enact vengeance on those foolish enough to attack our people.

We can rest soundly then my lords, so long as our kingdom holds, we are safe. The boggards will never unify, for their ideals are so backwards and contrary to progress, the only fate awaiting a boggard born amongst its own people, is isolation, betrayal, and death.”

 

- General Khamari, quoted in a written report for the Saoc Brethren, found in the ruins of the Lirgeni capital city of Hyrantum - 4605 AR

0