Mundane Life (Revised) – A new World Arc (1)
1.3k 8 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am... Wait, what is that?

"sssssssssss"- I can hear a voice, but I don't know where it is coming from. Anyway, I am Hika.....

"Are you listening?"- I can hear another voice

"Hikaru"- Yeah, that's my name, who calls it? I put my remaining strength into raising my head a little bit to look around the class, I know I had taken my medicine today so, why do I hear someone calling my name?

A wave of tiredness washed over me, it happens every time I take my medicine. The doctor just prescribes higher and higher dosages as my condition deteriorates.

I can’t even keep my eyes open in class. I take all of these pills and for what reason? I don’t see them having any effect

Looking around the class I can see all of my classmates writing something on their notebook. I don’t have the energy to do anything right now. My head fell back on the desk and I drifted to sleep once again. After I believe around 5 minutes I could feel someone poking me from behind.

"Hikaru!"- I slowly and groggily turned my head toward the person poking me. Miss Hiratsuka, she is our…. I forgot what she teaches. It’s not like I am going to pass the class like this, just like the other classes. I am not passing.

"Yes"- I tried to stand up but only managed to fall on the floor on my knees, losing all sensation in my body

"Hikaru, are you ok? You have been sleeping the whole class"- Miss Hiratsuka got closer to me. She looked worried, almost tearing through her glasses.

"No, too sleepy, too much"- That's all I could say before drifting back to sleep

"Incredible, not again! I swear, this guy is sleeping on and off in class using his so-called illness as an excuse. What a clown"- I could hear one of my classmates mutter this under their breath, why I was able to hear that in my state is surprising even to me. I can hear other hushed whispers of my classmates in my half-sleep half half-awake state. I can't help it when things happen, I wanted to attend this class, I wanted to live the normal life of a high school boy, not this abomination. It made me realize early on that life is just a cruel and sick joke played by the gods upon humans, if they even exist, or just a mistake that must be eradicated. I am not the only one in my situation, I can only think of the people with similar sufferings that want them to end. For me, my only escape right now is death.

Quiet down, all of you. You spoke but never been to the doctor with him or seen his diagnosis papers”- That voice, why is it so known to me? I muster some strength to look in the direction of the voice. That was Hana, my sister. Cousin? I don’t remember what she was to me in terms of family, but she was the closest person I had. I can recognize her instantly. That long, flowing black hair, her purple eyes, the clothes she always wears, a silver crop top jacket with a black shirt underneath, blue jeans with brown boots.

After she spoke people quieted down. But they still talked to about me in hushed whispers around the classroom. I couldn’t care less

The bell that announced the break woke me up from my slumber. The effects of the medicine began to wear off, I needed to take another dose or my symptoms would get worse.

I have gone to the boy's locker room to take another dose

of my medicine. When I opened my locker I could see some sort of black mass coming from it. I tried touching it and nothing came from it. Just another hallucination a schizophrenic has. I searched for my meds and then took them 1 by 1.

Shortly thereafter other boys came into the locker room.

Looks who it is. Poor and sick Hikaru!”- I got this stupid nickname from them. They are the only ones to call me this. They were the ones who started it. I don’t think I am imagining them.

Leave me alone, please”- I tried to exit the locker room but my way was blocked by them.

No”- One of them sneaked up behind me and tried to scare me. One of them held me in place. I am too weak to fight back against them.

Another one from the group looked into my locker and began to throw my medicine all over the floor.

The one that was holding me threw me against a wall.

They left shortly after.

Why does it have to be me? Why can’t people just leave me alone? It hurts to move but I must get up.

Hikaru!”- Hana looked through the locker room door at me. She rushed to my side. She helped me get up. She placed me near a mirror. Only then I could get good luck with myself. My face was all bloody. My black hair has a few red stains, same goes for my black and white school uniform that I wear. I choose to wear a school uniform rather than something unique like Hana. It won’t matter.

Why would people do such a thing.”- Hana was cleaning the blood from my face and disinfecting the wounds that I had received.

I don’t know. I want out. I just don’t want to exist anymore” – Hana stopped for a little and looked at me.

I get it. I know it’s hard. But I can’t imagine how it would be to live without the brother that I care so much about. I love you a lot, you are my brother, but I don’t want to see you gone. You maybe did forget all the good moments we shared but I did not.”- Right, Hana is my sister. I don’t remember if we had the same parents but I met her when I was very young. What I can still remember is that she came into my life when I was 5 years old. We are of the same age.

Let’s go to the rooftop for a bit”- Hana nodded her head and the 2 of us headed to the rooftop.

The rooftop isn't closed off yet, we had a few students commit suicide a few years ago, suicides take place here every, looks like I am next on that list. I can’t take this anymore. I am in luck that the roof isn’t sealed off yet. The principal is pretty negligent about these things. They tried to seal it off once but they had to take all the barriers down recently due to a local event. Today the workers were supposed to arrive and seal the rooftop again. I tried killing myself 4 other times, but Hana saved me in all of those attempts Well, I guess I have to hide it from her and make it look like an accident. A fall from a great height should do it this time.

The view is great isn’t it?”- Hana and I sat on a bench. She is keeping a close look at me. She doesn’t let me go, she even holds me in place by force when I want to move. I need to find a way to escape her grip.

Only now I am more aware of my environment. The rooftop was big and there were plants scattered around every corner. A few benches here and there but there wasn’t anything more notable than this.

I got some strength in me now. Hana is looking away. It’s now or newer. I ran to one of the railings and climbed over.

"Hikaru, stop!"- Hana turned around to look at me. She is running fast toward me.

I am sorry”- I wanted to let myself fall, and I did but I felt something still holding me on. I opened my eyes to see Hana leaning over the railing holding my hand from the wrist.

Why? Please, just climb up”- Hana’s eyes filled with tears. I know I have done it. I don’t want to make her cry a smile so precious now turned into an ugly cry. A person like her doesn’t deserve to suffer like this. I am the cause of that suffering. If I am gone, she will suffer but all the pain caused by my existence will be gone, she will get over it eventually. Or I hope so. I tried to force Hana to let go of my hand.

Suddenly I can hear something akin to metal breaking, the railing that my hand is leaning over is giving away. Fuck. I tried to pull myself up, I didn’t want to kill her. But my attempts were futile. The railing broke with an audible metal-on-metal sound.

Both Hana and I fell to our deaths.

May any gods that exist forgive me for this.

It took us a few minutes to die but it happened in the end, the momentary anguish we felt will be nothing, and everything faded to black. I feel so bad for dragging Hana into this. But it’s too late for regrets now. I can’t take what I have done. I can see people gathered around us. The last thing before I perished I saw a bright crimson light, the light looked like it tried to sever the sky itself

!Notice: Preparing the body for reincarnation.Complete!

!Warning, no more remaining human bodies to occupy, switching to magical being bodies…. Success. The individual will be assigned a random species of Magical Beings!

What is that voice? And why am I still conscious? I tried to see if I could open my eyes. It worked, but I can only see an empty void

"Welcome you 2. I am sorry for the fate that you 2 suffered"- I can hear a gentle voice speaking. That’s right, Hana I died. Why are we here? Is it some sort of afterlife?

"Hikaru, what in the hell were you thinking on that roof, throwing yourself off!"- I can hear Hana's voice near me, looking to my left she is there. She is looking at me in tears. I expected her to slap or punch me but she approached me and hugged me. Do I even deserve this from her?

"Just give me a break, I am tired of everything in life. I don't want to live anymore, I genuinely wanted to die that's why I threw myself off the roof. It's not your fault."- I stood up in this void-like dimension. Tears started to stream down my eyes. When I see how much pain I caused her it’s only right

"Don't worry you 2. I forgot to mention that your whole class was summoned to another world alongside you 2. Well it's special since you 2 are reincarnations, you will have a random race and 2 skills of your choosing, then 3 random skills, 1 of them is a guarantee to be a primordial tier skill"- We are getting isekai’d, yay. I am going to have to live my shitty life again, yay!

"Thank you for another chance at life, whoever might you be. One more question. Can you cure Hikaru?"- Cure me? I don’t know if it’s possible.

Oh, I can do that. I did that. He won’t suffer any more negative effects but I am afraid what he did forget can’t be recovered now.

Thank you”- Hana bowed her head to the shapeless voice and figure that was talking to us.

Everything turned white and now we are in a palace

#Primordial Skills gained: Lord of Wisdom Sia, The Lord of Deceit and Lies Lucifer#

#Skills gained: Shadow Magic: Shadow Hand; Shadow Magic: Shadow Tendril; Ice Magic: Ice Master#

It's as the goddess said, we gained a few new skills, but where did the 2 primordial skills come from, weren't we supposed to choose them skills?

!Negative Hikaru, these skills represent your desires. I was born from your desire to know more and learn, your desire to go to school in your previous world is what triggered my appearance here. The Lord of Deceit and Lies Lucifer's skill came from your constant self-deceit that things will get better.! - A bright and somehow robotic female voice echoed in my head

Who are you?”- I asked the voice who she was.

!I am the skill-named Lord of Wisdom Sia. I am a sentient Analyst type of skill that holds immense knowledge. Try to check both your and Hana’s statuses. Just say “status”!

Status” – Some sort of video game menu appeared before me. It showed stats for both me and Hana

*Status: Reincarnated

Race: Shadow-Ice Demon

Evolution: Lesser Demon

Next Evolution: Demon

Evolution Line(Viewing granted by Lord Sia): Lesser Demon-Demon(20)-Greater Demon(40)-Arch Demon(60)-Demon Peer(80)-Devil(100)-Arch Devil(150)-Devil Peer(200)-Devil Lord(Demon Lord Evolution via the Demon Lord Seed while reaching the last evolution step)

Evolution Requirements: Reach Level 20

Skills: Shadow Hand, Shadow Tendril, Ice Magic Mastery, Lord Of Wisdom Sia, Lord of Deceit and Lies Lucifer

Items: Ice Sword, Shadow Sword

Class: Shadow Mage

Level: 1

Hp: 1500

Attack: 30

Defense: 40

Agility: 60

Mana: 6000

Intelligence: Lord of Wisdom Sia

Disguise: Lord of Deceit and Lies Lucifer*

"Status, Hana"

*Status: Reincarnated

Race: Orc

Evolution: Orc

Next Evolution: Greater Orc

Evolution Line(Viewing granted by Lord Sia): Orc-Greater Orc(15)-Arch Orc(30)-Orc Lord(45)-Ogre(90)-Greater Ogre(120)-Arch Ogre(160)-Ogre Lord(200)-Kijin(220)-Greater Kijin(240)-Oni(300)-Greater Oni(340)-Oni Lord(380)- Divine Oni/Cursed Oni/Yin-Yang Oni(Demon Lord Evolution via the Demon Lord Seed while reaching the last evolution step. Divine or cursed Oni evolution depends on which skill they obtain, if they obtain Holy Light they will evolve into a Divine Oni, if they obtain Cursed Flames skill they will evolve into a Cursed Oni, if they have both skills they will evolve into a Ying-Yang Oni)

Evolution Requirements: Reach Level 15

Skills: Flame Burst, Shadow Movement, Great Sage, Lord of Beauty Aphrodite, Lord of Compassion Afriel

Items: Flame grenades.

Class: Mage

Level: 1

Hp: 2000

Attack: 25

Defense: 60

Agility: 40

Mana: 1500

Intelligence: 100*

After checking the status I looked around to see where I was. I only saw a few suits of armor here and there, a big red carpet underneath our feet. The floor of this building is made out of some sort of stone, marble maybe? The roof is decorated with small banners. I can see a few people that are in suits of armor near all of us. But anything aside from this, the room looked empty and cold

"Where the hell are we? Looks like another world"- Hana ran up to me. She looked a little scared, no, scared is not the word. Intimidated by this situation

"Well, looks like it."- Nothing that I can see in this building is familiar to either of us. Taking another glance around the room I can see my classmates weirdly looking at us. I looked at Hana more carefully. She had 2 horns on her head.

You have horns on your head Hikaru, they are small but you do have them”- She whispered while touching them.

I guess we are monsters now, and we have visible features. Well, if it’s a fantasy world I know we will be taken as the bad guys.

!Affirmative. This world holds strong prejudice against monsters of any kind, even demi-humans.!

"What happened to you 2?"- One of the class's top students asked us. He is pointing toward our horns.

"Well, we don't know too much, we are just as clueless as you are" – I just noticed, I don’t have any more hallucinations now. I can remember things clearly. Before I will just forget in a matter of minutes or hours.

I used Sia’s appraisal on the top student, he is a Hero class, strange, his status is stated as 'Transfer'. Both me and Hana are Mages but almost everyone in my class is either a Hero or Sage.

!Demons or other monsters can't have the Hero status, the only equivalent will be the Demon Lord evolution for every race!

"Welcome Heroes. We summoned you to the country of Wieka. You will have an audience with the king at once! "- An old man spoke to us. He looked like royalty, or like a medieval noble. He wore a few rings on his hand, his eyes were as red as blood and his hair was pitch black. He wears a oversized coat made from a material I never seen before.

!Answer. It’s demon skin with elemental beast fur. Combined materials for more protection of elemental spells!

"Hikaru, this is bad!"- A colleague of mine, named Masmune talked from behind me, he put his left hand on my shoulder and looked around the room

"I know all of you are confused but this is important for this nation, all of you will be compensated, first you will need to have an audience with the king to receive it. We can wait here for a few minutes if you like"- The old man spoke to us again, he looked at me and Hana with hatred in his eyes, he looked ready to kill us. I can even see him carrying a sword and almost putting his hand on it

"I had seen the look in his eyes. This will be bad for us."- I whispered to Masamune.

"I forgot to introduce myself, I am Lord Garoda. Nice to meet you all"- He looked at everyone and when his gaze landed on us his eyes changed, they looked filled with hatred again.

"And who might the 2 of you be? Are you sure you were summoned here?"- He walked up to us with steady steps and one hand on his sword. When he saw us from the crowd the first time his eyes looked the same and he did the same hand movements

"Well, on our status, it writes reincarnations, but nothing more"- Lord Garoda put his hand on his chin. He seems to think for a moment. The question is how can he read our status?

!Answer: He possesses a skill similar to mine named Appraisal. I blocked the reading of other skills that you 2 have.!

"I used appraisal on the 2 of you. But I don't think the king will be happy with having to deal with 2 monsters. That aside, 30 minutes break to do what you want. Then you will have an audience with the king, don't even think of running away you 2. We have a special way of dealing with problems like these"- He waved his hands in the air, and all of the guards that were near us moved closer to us, 4-6 guards were near us, and they had come looking like they were made especially to guard us.

After 30 minutes Lord Garoda came back, most of my classmates were still confused, they didn't care, Garoda didn't care about us, he just guided us to a large room where supposedly the king resided. The room where the king has 3 thrones, and a few big tables that are filled with food. The color of the carpet in the room changed from red to gold. There were only small metal lamps on the wall, but it was still daylight.

It’s time to begin the audience. We weren’t the first ones but we kept looking around

Now, present yourself!”- The king’s voice boomed from his throne. He looked pretty young, around his 30s, and he wore armor that covered all of his body, I could only see a bit of his hair which was black. He pointed toward Masamune and Hanako

"I am Masamune, a Sage class with the skill Analyst"- Masamune kneeled in front of the king

"I am Hanako and received the skill execution"- Another classmate, Hanako kneeled before the king, from their movement, I could make out that they were scared of him, and so were we, but we didn’t let our fear show

"You 2, present yourselves"- The king pointed toward Hana and I

"We are, Hikaru Tanaka and Hana Tomura at your service!"- The 2 of us looked at the king for a bit and then kneeled. Maybe this will save Hana. I don’t care about my life as much as I care about hers.

"Those horns!"- He paused for a second, looking at us up and down.

"You dare to summon wretched monsters such as an Orc and Demon here? Garoda!!! You have some explaining to do. But first, execute them at once! We can't allow them to live"- We are done for. I did expect this reaction from the king. I expected monsters to be treated this way. But I have a feeling he wasn’t sincere when he said that. I am unsure if he will let us live.

"But sire, we can be useful to your country as well!"- Hana tried to convince the king. This was her best act

The king got up from his throne, walked up to Hana, and grabbed her by her neck, he threw her against the ground with incredible force

"No!"- Some of my classmates shouted

He wanted to do the same with me but I managed to catch his hand before that.

"Don't you dare hurt Hana"- Hana is on the ground looking weak and almost dead

He looked at me, and with a quick hand movement, he slammed his fist against my head. I collapsed to the ground due to the pain. Hana is looking at me, reaching her hand out.

"Sire, hear us out, don't kill them, just kick them out. We have been friends for a long time, forgive his insolence and do that, please, spare them!"- Masamune pleaded to the king, standing on his knees.

"Yeah, what's your problem? They didn't do anything to you, you attacked them first!"- Other classmates shouted at the king

"We won't work for you if you treat them like that. If you don't want them at least kick them out and give them some money until they can get established!"- Half of my class protested.

"Too bad. Heroes, I accept your bargain. All of you are needed to fight in the war we are waging against the demon and orc race. Since you are important assets to the country I will listen to this one request that you have!"- He looked at us, again. I helped Hana to get up from the ground, she could still walk but had a sprained hand.

"Now, you 2. Wretched monsters, follow me. I will escort you to the exit and exile you 2 myself. I don't want to see any of you ever again, don't come near the castle again, you are not welcome here!"- From where he was he grabbed Hana and me, but we still couldn’t walk properly.

King Wieka and I reached an entrance to a forest.

Look, I had to act that way toward the other nobles. Whispers of the Great Sage. The Great Sage is one of the gods of this world. We don’t know too much about her, but the only thing I know is that I will lose control over time. There is another goddess named Ifrit. She already placed her seeds of control in me and my army. Look, I have 1 favor to ask. Play the monster as much as you can. I will send informants to give you some missions that you will have to carry out.”- King Wieka placed us near a tree. He gave us a few potions to heal us.

I don’t understand. Why all of this? Why us?”- Hana stood up to look at the king.

It’s because goddess Ifrit despises monsters. She will resurrect in a few months. She can’t track me now but after that period she will be able to do what we are doing. I will send a few patrols after the 2 of you as a warning. I trust that you 2 will be able to go covert and far away from here”- The king looked us in the eyes. He sat down on a stump near us.

And what do you want us to do exactly? We are in a new world and we are lost.”- The king looked at the ground.

Well, there is a small abandoned cabin near a city named Welcia. Go there, disguise your identity, and never come back near the castle. Or at least until the 2 of you are Demon Lords.”- Demon Lords? How are Demon Lords even made?

How is a demon lord made?”- Hana sat near the king looking at him. She tried to comfort him. Despite the physical confrontation we had the king turned out to be a decent person.

Well, it involves evolution and killing a lot of people. By the time you 2 evolve to meet the requirement to be a demon lord, my mind and the minds of my soldiers will be taken over by goddess Ifrit. By that time, my only wish is for me to have an end by your hands. When the goddess resurrects all my common sense will be lost, and I won’t be able to hold myself back when that time comes. I think we spent enough time chatting. I need to return to the palace. I need to keep up the facade until I can no longer keep it up. May your journey be as painless as possible.”- King Wieka rose from the stump that he was standing on. He pointed toward a sign that read “Welcia”, guess that was the direction where we needed to go.

Thank you”

That sure was a strange talk. But it did make sense. If that goddess's plans come to fruition monsters will die. I am sure other monsters are good and don’t harm humans.

Hana and I left in the direction King Wieka pointed us in. We walked slowly in that direction. We were wary of every sound, every rustling bush sent shivers down our spines. The temperature began to drop a little and the trees began to get a little rarer.

"What are we going to do now Hikaru? You realize what he said, right? How are we going to survive in a world like this? We don’t know anything about it."- Hana started to look around. She began to gather a few berries and mushrooms.

Give these to me”- Hana handed the berries and mushrooms to me.

Sia, Appraisal”

!Result: The berries and mushrooms are safe to eat!

Looks like these are safe.”- I looked at the berries, but I was still reluctant to eat them.

How can you know?”- Hana looked at me, her face looking desperate.

I have a skill, Lord of Wisdom Sia. You have skills too Hana. You just need to think about them before using them. Sia is somehow robotic but sentient at the same time. She mostly talks on her own but I can also ask her questions and she will respond”- Her face lit up. I know the situation we are in but some hope can go a long way

"Yes. We need to be careful tho. We are still level 1 and monsters might be even higher level than what we currently are."- I can hear shuffling near us, this is no good, monsters might be attacking us already

Let’s try using some of the skills I have. If I can use them the same way I use Sia then things will be easy

*Use skills: Shadow Hand, Shadow Tendril*

I know these skills can help me, the information about shadow magic was transferred to my head the moment I learned this skill, the magic itself is invisible to everyone but the caster or to a person that has the high-level Shadow Sense skill. I forgot to mention, maybe Hana didn’t notice it, but when you gain a skill you also gain the ability to use it without much training. I still think someone will need training to perfect a skill but it can be very powerful even without being perfected.

From the bush, a big wolf wanted to attack us. My shadow tendrils moved quickly toward the wolf and impaled it.

$Gained 100exp$

!You and Hana had reached level 2!

!Answer: Since the 2 of you are nearby you received equal amounts of exp points, plus you already formed a party from the moment you exited the castle.!

Sia answered my question even before asking it. She sure is useful

"Thanks"- I thanked her in my mind.

"We have to get stronger and much more braver than this. If that goddess will resurrect all of us will be in trouble. I think this whole conflict is pointless. Many lives will be lost and sacrificed for nothing to be gained other than bloodshed."- Hana looked at my use of skills, and I think she began to understand how these work herself.

"We need to do something about this as soon as possible. It’s a good thing goddess Ifrit is dead, at least for now"- Hana and I walked a bit further from there. We ate berries from bushes Sia told us that were safe and drank water from magical creatures. How to explain. There is this creature called a water bug that stores humidity inside it. It’s pretty big and also harmless. You can drink as much water as you want to drink from it and be fine.

Later on the night of our first day here:

We stopped and I gathered some sticks and dead wood. We couldn’t find anything else to use for fuel, but we were lucky to have a way to start a fire. Since Hana has access to fire magic she leaned in on the small fire and cast a small fireball that ignited the wood. At least this will keep us warm. I didn’t know we would have to go this long of a way to reach the town of Welcia, or at least reach that cabin near the town

"I am standing first guard, after a few hours it will be my turn to rest, we have a long journey ahead of us"

Deep in the night, we were attacked by some wolves, I defeated them and gathered some meat from them. I cooked it over the fire after Sia gave me the go-to about eating the meat.

"What happened?"- Hana woke up for her guard shift, or the smell of meat woke her up.

"Well, some wolves tried to attack me so I dealt with them. I analyzed the meat and it's ok to eat for us. Monsters are immune to diseases that humans suffer from so we can eat infected meat all we want. Half is for you"- Hana and I began to chew on the rubbery meat that the wolves had. It was hard to chew and even hard to swallow. We were used to modern foods back in our home world. The meat tasted bitter, maybe it’s because we overcooked and almost burned it, but this is not the time to complain

1 week later:

We spent 1 week traveling on the road King Wieka showed us. And in the end, we found that small cabin. We have been surviving by eating wild meat and berries and drinking water from water bugs. We were well enough rested when we discovered the cabin since we found it around 20 minutes of walking after we woke up. I am almost level 20 and Hana is almost level 15. I discovered from Sia that Demons gain exp faster than any other monster and have fewer evolutions but Orcs and their evolutions gain exp slower but they can evolve more times than most monsters. She also told me that other monster races evolve differently than others so the process is not the same for everyone.

"Look there Hiraku. Just as the king said. We can now rest properly at night. We won’t be cold anymore!"- Hana ran in the direction of the hut. I grabbed her hand first

"Wait, let me check first. There may be someone there or the previous owner might have left some traps there. Let me trigger them first with my magic."- I let my shadow tendrils slither along the ground like snakes to allow them to enter the house and trigger any magic traps that are present, if any. After a quick check of the entire house, it’s safe to go in. There are no traps

"Ok, it's safe to enter Hana"- I entered first into the house to check again. I don’t want Hana to get injured. From what Sia told me during the week we were traveling Demon regenerates faster so this won’t be a problem

The house seems to be furnished and good for 2 people, but the bed looks worse than I imagined, we can patch it up with a few wolf skins we gathered this week.

"Looks like we can fix this place up with a few wolf pelts"- Hana entered the house, looked around, and began cleaning, I helped her out, it took us an entire day to clean everything, we still had leftover meat and we ate that and fell asleep

The next day:

We woke up early in the morning, I started by gathering some herbs from around the house, and we ran out of meat. I wanted something different this time. Since we were out of time I walked into the forest to see what I could find. I found a deer grazing nearby. Well, it has to be done I guess. I used my shadow hand to pierce into the deer and stop its heart little by little, making it faint and killing it when it got unconscious. I didn't even intend to live like this or live in the first place.

I gutted the deer with my shadow tendrils. Even though I know nothing about harvesting animals myself Sia seems to give me pretty clear and precise instructions on how to do this in a way not damage the meat from the deer. We got a deer pelt and deer meat. I disposed of the guts a few kilometers away from where I gutted the deer. I don’t want any wolves around. I returned with the meat to Hana. I used some of the herbs we had been eating as a seasoning and also foraged for some wild vegetables, it was a hassle but finally found some. Vegetables in this world look so weird. Looking similar to those in our world, they have almost the same taste but are slightly altered.

The house had a stove and some pans that we used to cook the meat, while cooking the meat we didn’t have any oil so we had to use water, and the meat ended up more boiled than fried. We can’t complain about food, boiled meat is just as good as fried meat.

I wonder, how will our journey turn out now? I am still wondering what happened to the people. I was never close with my parents, neither was Hana. I can’t help but feel a bit worried about my classmates. I didn’t have to meet or talk to them all due to my illness. Some of them were jerks but I don’t think they deserve a fate like this. I don’t want them to suffer a fate like the king and his soldiers. I don’t know what to do from this point. But a starting point could be reinforcing this house. I don’t think anyone visits the house anymore to care. Plus it’s in the middle of the woods. No one will notice.

Hana. Tomorrow we must start to reinforce the house. I don’t want the house to fall over us. It looks like it won’t hold out for long”- Hana looked at the house and then nodded her head.

I do understand. We will worry about this tomorrow.”

25