Making a Plan – Before the War Arc (6)
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, time to make a plan.

Just how do we free everyone from the dungeons?”- We are in the middle of another class. This class is teaching both girls and guys together, I don’t get why they have to separate us like this.

I just thought of something. We can free them an hour before we activate the magic circle. I will take care of the teachers, you just go there and free everyone. I found a way to keep them distracted for a long time”- Well, I guess this is good. I am getting bored with this Academy. Maybe there are more places to explore, but first I need to wait for this class to end.

The teacher does not care about me too much since I can’t speak, well I can but I need to keep maintaining my character. This class is more about magic and incantations and you get the point.

You there. Since you are not paying attention. Come to the front of the class and show us a spell incantation”- The teacher pointed toward me, fuck. Time to make a fool of myself.

Can I demonstrate instead of Arata?”- One of the girls we met on the first day we arrived here offered to go instead of me.

No, Arata will go. This pretending not to speak thing should end.”

I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote that I couldn’t speak. The teacher didn’t buy it.

I went in front of the class, I didn’t know if I should comply and do an incantationless spell.

Read the incantation written on this parchment”- She showed the parchment to my face

!The parchment seems to contain an incomplete incantation for a spell version of the skill shadow hand. In this version the hand is visible to everyone, the spell is weaker than the skill version of the spell!

This is my skill, one that I used many times

I will demonstrate first”- The teacher raised her right hand at some boxes 3 meters away from her.

Shadow Magic has a small range, there are rarely people who can cast shadow magic at higher ranges, but these people are very rare.”

Rise and reclaim your deserved future through me, a shadow of the past”- The incantation is more of a letdown but I could see the hand, it looks very different from my shadow hand, it’s weaker and smaller, the teacher struggled to break one of the boxes with it. It is the weakest magic attack I ever witnessed.

Now it’s your turn, Arata”

Should I show off Sia?”- It’s a double-edged sword, they might get suspicious since shadow magic here is absurdly rare.

!It will be beneficial if you do. In your current predicament, you will raise more suspicion if you remain weak!

I don’t need incantations to cast spells. I was around 8 meters away from the boxes, this is still short range.

I extended my left to the boxes

Does he think he can use that magic at that distance? I doubt even 1 meter will be enough for this mute freak!”- Someone from the class shouted. I look in their direction, it’s a person from this world.

I turned away from them, I sent my shadow tendril there for good measure. I aimed at the remaining boxes, closed my hand, and crushed the heavy wooden boxes with my shadow hand.

The teacher fell when she looked at the boxes. She didn’t speak to me, she just nodded. I returned to my seat. The person that talks crap at me, I just tripped them with my shadow tendrils.

I think I forgot to mention something. People from this world if they excel enough can assist hero classes as assistants but it’s a rare occurrence.

The rest of the class was quiet, the teacher left the classroom.

How did you do that?”- I am seated near people that I was in the same class back on earth.

I noted the “I just learned it from my sister”

Does she know to do that?”

I noted the next answer “No, but she taught me to do magic without speaking. The rest is just practice”

Practice and being over-leveled.

I remained silent for the rest of the class. Nothing interesting happened.

We had a little break, Hana and I just spent time with some old classmates, we couldn’t tell them who we were but Hana seemed to miss them, I can’t remember if they were in our class, I have seen them a few times around the school, but nothing more than that.

We moved away from the discussion when they headed for another class. We decided to skip this class.

Hey, what’s the plan? What do I need to do?”

Well, there are spell books in the library that can go crazy if infused with a little magic. I will use that to distract them. I will knock the teacher out, you get the people that are in the dungeon. Free the people that are of this world and send them to Fumiko’s mansion, we shall send them to the monster nation later. The otherworlders will be brought to the circle in the library, we activate the circle, make sure the transport is successful and then we bail out. We will need to reach the Nation of Monsters with them in a few days and after we arrive we should prepare for war. I don’t think King Wieka will waste any time. Preparing his army will take a few weeks, and then a few more days until they arrive. From what info I could gather the army is 300000 strong, and from what I suspect he will send around 200000 soldiers our way”

Well, I don’t like how that sounds, but I don’t think we can back out now”

There are only a few days until the special class in the library. I don’t know how things will pan out, but we need to make this move, I hope we can still negotiate with King Wieka in some way, but I doubt that will be the case, I can only hope to have a peaceful conversation with him, but I think it’s too late for that.

1