Preface And Prologue
1.5k 12 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Preface And Prologue

 

Okay, quick eternal warning. The novel has quirky structure until chapter 235 due to certain conditions I went through at the moment of writing them. More or less, the chapter number is not exact, as I stopped being stubborn doing everything on my own around that number. This, I wrote and am writing with everything I have. So, please, give it a chance in the way you deem best, if you do get interested in my work. Now, the ugly part. I got a patreon, where you can get +10 and +30 chapters, or ko-fi, where my shop directly sells the volumes.

I know I'm a horrible motherfucker for this, but ay, feel free to try. If it doesn't work, and you're still interested, jump to the 235 chapter. There is a thing that changes a lot of things slightly farther than that, so it can work as a prologue. I'm just not willing to delete too many damn words when I can just put them there and nobody is forced to go through them. Besides, it's kinda 'illegal' to delete previous chapters, even if for a reasonable motive. And too humiliating.

Lastly, if you feel like ignoring this and repeating the same in a review or comment, or simply be a salty one here and there, or harm my work's image, have fun :P.

Thank you for reading, Let It Rain. Lastly, sorry for all these inconveniences.

 

Ah, hello there this is LetItRain (once again, my author 'ID' while I use my gamer ID instead, old one though - also, have my patreon on my profile if anyone's interested at all). I've deleted my 'intro chapter', as I wrote it mainly (or only) 'cuz it was needed and so, I just deleted it to have the same amount of chapters in both SH and RR.

Well, to what I was going for. This novel is my second one, and after having surprised myself by writing more than 10 chapters in my first one, I realized how well and nice it is to get all that shit in my head out. Now I am, of course, possibly obsessed with writing novels for as dry and dull as it sounds.

I do 3k words per chapter and, after so much experience from before, I do it goddamn well enough. I'm not a native of the english language, so any kind of errors are well welcomed (I also fail at this in my own language tvm). I'll be publishing one chapter a day, and more if 'circumstances allow it' (nothing fancy at all, it involves...support!).

Now a lil' warning of the contents.

This novel wasn't originally planned to be Harem, but after building up so much stuff...yeah. But unlike my previous novel, with a harem so large it made me both proud and with a mouth wide open, this one will be very small. Besides, MC in my previous novel had all the reasons to be a sex machine, alright.

And since this one will be much larger without really limiting myself anymore (previous work was a vrmmo), chapters may very well have slow instances of simply miscellaneous stuff; I’ll just enjoy myself writing them and not forcing them into anything. There will be much more content and tags, I’m just gonna add them as time goes by, I already tried doing it the other way and revealing them all at once, but nothing to worry about.

There will be lots of management if I can help it, but soft-leveled, nothing about a 101 basics reality life experience book of life, mhm. Xuanhuan cultivation. A lot of gore, perhaps, and swearing. There will be sexual content, straight up, not even hiding nor shying from ‘bad words’; but unlike my previous work, here, I will do so only every once in a while, and not really that often. And, naturally, as the mature and adult tags suggest, this isn’t for delicate ones - enjoy at your own discretion. And really hope you’d like it.

(PD: I hope you don’t come to dislike the fact that I will be using names of any kind that I like, for anything. Much appreciation for all languages and cultures out there ^_^, just take the main language of the world as english though - but also as a universal language)


 

Whistle whistle, whoosh swish…shaaa~.

In the strange and lonely plains of dark-brown gray dirt, without a single small piece of grass or even fauna life. From a Kingdom that couldn’t be any more inconspicuous yet was one of the strongest in this Universe, in the lands where, though no dangers were visible and existent for Eras and even Ages, a silence of the most predatory ones that could ever exist became unnoticeably permeated by a landing figure with nothing but a simple yet ‘holy-like’ white dress from nothing to sit right in the middle of such plains.

These lands, whose area expanded over tens of hundreds of thousands and several thousand kilometers, suddenly had a brand new visitor whose visage was unknown and whose demeanor was ethereal and simplistic; yet filled with the delicateness of…a waiting wife?

The moment she appeared out of nowhere without anyone being alerted in the least, not even those at the ‘apex’, in a time where a great being was ruling the ‘all that exists, and there is’. All she did was fall down from midair onto those lands. She folded her legs and sat like a damsel on the dirt that could scare even grown adult men who get the bread and eat the least of it on their family table each evening.

As she slowly came to enjoy the sceneries around herself, with no one able to notice these emotions and reactions from her in the slightest, a sigh came out from her throat and then lips as her head reclined backwards for a few seconds before returning back to looking up ahead at the vast plains.

“Sigh…”

Creak~, tururudd tururud…

“...eh. Hmm?” At these moments, as a teenage boy about 13 to 14 years old was carrying an old fashioned obscure brown wooden palanquin without anything covering the one small seat at the back and with clothes that were of the finest materials, yet he was treated so awfully lowly, like a servant and even perhaps a slave; he stopped moving altogether as he seemed to hear something, his movements caught by the long-bearded old man with a reverse triangle shaped beard seated at the back.

“Troy boy? What’s the matter~?! Are you tired already? You won’t convince this old one to accept you. Master wouldn’t take you in then.” The old, kinda chubby man said, his left hand grooming his beard as he became ‘displeased’ at the surely tired boy stopping moving on. But Troy then said, pointing with his right hand and index finger up.

“Mas-Sir! There, I just heard something from the front, from…somewhere? I-I don’t know!…”

“...ugh.” Hearing Troy boy’s anxious and somewhat panicked voice, the old man sat up and looked ahead. His eyes were like normal eyes… but…within his mind, he scanned all ahead of them in just an instant. Hence, the old man made a fuss with his waving right hand and a ‘rude’ tone of his voice. “Ah! Just go ahead, child, it is only a person. What does it matter? Tsk, not even at the 5th Step or something, hmph.”

Creak…turururudd- thud…

‘Seriously, not even a…wait, not even a 4th Step? Nor a 3rd…Step…?’ The old man, who had gone back to rest his back on the palanquin’s seat, suddenly had a realization as he slowly opened his eyes as wide as saucers. Yet, just as he was about to observe again with his senses, sitting up; all he could see with his naked eye…was a long-gone boy.

“Tr-Troy?” The old man frowned slightly, looking around at the front, then at his sides before looking at his back with his naked eyesight and senses. Yet, the Troy boy was nowhere to be found. The front of the palanquin the boy was grabbing had already caused a lot of dirt and dust to fly up and remain in the air. “Troy? Booooy! Where are you? Troy?! Troooy?!”

After a few semi-raging roars and his frown deepening, sinking in further, the old man’s worried appearance finally became panicky. His mind even thinking, ‘Goddammit, Troy, what is it with you?! How could-how come… No…who?! Who in the innumerable Kingdoms dared to lay a hand on you without me even noticing?! You were so talented…?!!’.

“Hey, don’t make much noise. People trying to relax here, you know?” Just as the old man was getting crazier, not that he was actually crazy, he heard a dainty, fancy lady’s voice travel out from somewhere to all around his head, buzzing and dizzying the shit out of himself.

“You…?!” Looking up ahead again, standing with his feet just a few steps from the dark-brown gray dirt, the old man suddenly said as his stuck-out chest ‘pointed’ at the fair lady dressed in…an unspeakable ever so pure and wonderful white tent-style dress with an overgrown skirt that covered her feet and even a few tens of inches of the ground she was seated on with her legs a little bit extended.

“How dare you do that to my new disciple, you wretch?!” A couple steps forward, the old man’s face was flared up and so furious! He was looking straight ahead at the lady in white far away in the middle of these known dead lands, wondering where, how, and when she even got there, but only for a moment as he began making all of the ‘air’ around him tremble after revealing his muscular torso once he took off his shirt.

“Pathetic lifeform!” The old man said, his tone aggrieved and even somewhat high-pitched, clearly shaken and more than infuriated. “I’ll make sure to give yet another example of why one never dares to touch anything belonging to an existence, die you bastard!-...”

Whistle~~, whoosh whooosh whoosh…

The old man’s last swearing word was still being arduously screeched when his entire figure suddenly disappeared. At first, he became tiny particles yet large enough to be seen with the naked eye, forming his humanoid silhouette with them either on their own or by adjoining one another and becoming that ‘big’ to be seen by the naked eye. But the moment those tiny particles appeared, the old man disappeared. Then, they turned to nothing as the old man ceased to…everything.

…Deep in the other end of this Universe, as soon as the old man’s ‘humanoid particles figure’ was converted to utterly nothing, really nothing, a man with the darkest of blue whose current activities were akin to that of building a machine and he was just bout to place the last screw to finish it up - suddenly had a change of expression and his left-handed fingers holding the screw forcefully, he pushed lightly against the machine in front of him. “Huk?!”

Crash! Clalalalang~!

As the machine failed, semi exploded, and all of its small and large parts flew about in the large room this dark blue man was in. His face was even…fearful. Something that no one has been able to see Eons, appeared on his face just now as he cared not for the machine that had just now exploded. And instead, he slowly rose to stand up straight, and looked in ‘that’ direction.

Bum-step step step!

“Master!! The old Grandmaster has perished! His flask is gone, is gone! How could tha- Master?” A brown-skinned girl with glasses and orange, wavy hair tied up in a large bun on top of her head upwards; entered the room, bashing the door open with her shoulders, only to be ignored by her master.

“Take the army out. I’ll go and see what happened. Don’t try to go near there, no matter what happens to me.” The dark blue man said, his tone matured, somewhat deep and warm towards the girl. Turning his head to face her and with his right hand caressing her left cheek, he added, “I’ve taught you all that you need, so if anything happens to me, you can grow on your own either inside or outside the sect.”

“M-Master!” The girl wanted to implore him to not go and remain here, where such weird, strange things weren’t happening. But he was already gone in the next instant, not even making a sound nor fluttering the slightest bit of wind or air particles; for that matter.

…At the same time, more and more people of such a ‘level’ were moving towards the Kingdom where the lady in white was, and more particularly to where she was seated. Be it from the very same Kingdom or from another, from the very same Universe or even Existence and others. The death of that existence was felt over the entire ‘world’ as the death of any existence is impossible to go unnoticed even by beings.

Be it a Minotaur, a full-fledged Dragon, a person, or even a gigantic being. Dozens and dozens of those at the apex arrived before and behind the lady in white, some others that weren’t quite there at the apex but were only needing of a single step to reach it arriving later on at the very few hundreds, respectfully letting those early visitors become the only ones talking.

But while they talked and talked, the lady in white remained impassive. And even when they tried to lurk their senses onto her, not even her face was visible as her hands supported her body from the sides of her hip bones resting on the ground. But every single one of those around could see that she was calmly smiling at ease.

“... … …” Silence prevailed after a while of chatter. No one made a single step forwards and remained at merely one and a half step into the ‘dead lands’ of this Kingdom. No one seemed to be ignorant of how that existence died despite them not being present with even their senses when ‘it’ occurred and even more so not being able to know that it happened as not a single trace was left from the now totally gone existence.

“...I’ll try it. I’m bored lately anyways. And nobody wants to fight me without the Great Sage’s permission. Everyone’s so dull~. If I had known that, I would’ve never raised this high in cultivation, siiiiiigh.” A languid, clearly young man said while stretching his arms over his head before stepping half a step towards the dark-brown gray lands.

Pew!!!!

Suddenly rushing forward and disappearing into the ‘dead lands’ right after though, everybody else seemed very calm and at ease but were in actual fact deadly locking their senses on the young man, who was about to die for sure. But even then, he’d deserve it. No one can nor should make a stance, even in just words. Towards the Great Sage!

Wheeesh- shhh- wheeee~~...

Yet, nobody thought that the time for ‘Him’ to arrive would even be mercilessly taken away as the young man who rushed into the ‘dead lands’ suddenly turned to tiny particles and subsequently, right away, to nothing after just a few inches having rushed into the ‘dead lands’ to not even make a single meter in.

“!!!” The entire world of those at the apex crumbled all at once. Nobody was able to believe such utmost stupid occurrence. They looked with wide-open eyes that revealed marvel yet the deepest of terrors ever in their hearts that not even the Great Sage had ever been able to instill upon them. As they watched the young man already being nothing. They resumed their chatter.

“If only the rivers of flowing time were still here, we could…we could experience and research so much more! Agghha! What a pity, damn pity.” - “Not even the Great Sage is capable of this, right?” - “Indeed… Not even the Great Sage.” - “So, who is this?? Able to…directly exti-wait, no. It’s not even extinction, right? It’s…it has to be something else! Somethi-” - “Something already above extinction… Hence…hence, she must be someone already above an existence!!”

“... … … …” With so much chatter, the small voice of just one of those at the apex was heard perfectly, as if softly spoken directly into their minds by the ‘warmest’ of lovers. Yet, those damn contents, from his words…were terrifying to the ultimate degree, something that would make even the deadliest, most dreaded and ‘worshiped’ Great Sage come tumbling about from his Existence-sized palace.

“Who wants to try?” Suddenly, a tempting, captivating voice of an androgynous existence sounded, making everyone around, beings included, become fully heart-thumping at once at the prospect of finding the way!

“Let’s go. Who else is coming?” An old, deep voice sounded out as a mix of a Minotaur and a Dragon in humanoid shape took half a step closer towards the ‘dead lands’, the now feared yet longed dark-brown gray dirt only a few more several inches away from his hooves. Once he saw a few figures take a step forward and then reappear soundlessly right at his sides, he added. “I know this is unseen and…’new’, for all of us. But if we try this together, we may very well find it.”

“... … …” Without saying anything much, more and more figures at the apex took half a step forward as well; several, even quite a few tens of beings also stepped forward, appearing at his sides a moment later and behind the Minotaur and Dragon mix humanoid male. Becoming the ‘first expedition’ leader, the Mino-Gon-like being then stepped forth, every other existence and being doing the same - and rushed onwards to the white lady with greenery eyes!!

PEW-POMPOM!!!...Wheesh…whooooosh…whistle whistle~~.

But just like before, all of those who followed the Minotaur became tiny particles, from which each of those who stepped and rushed onwards let the rest of the existences and even beings study…as they were all over the limit, they barely made a step into the dark-brown gray lands. The particles fascinated them. They were…simply ‘unthinkable’, yet they only lasted so little before disappearing from their memories.

“Yeah…that’s definitely not…extinction.” - “It’s something higher!” - “But, nobody will try…anymore.”

“...” Everyone fell silent after some words, it was the truth that many wanted to try, and with the curious nature of it all, the existences and beings all around were surely going to opt to try as well. But after seeing such a large force that was even hard to see for every several Existences joining forces…barely anyone had any other thought of going in…and fruitlessly dying.

Most people around have been living for Eons, some even since the Archeon, where the Great Sage took the Loss Eternal Universal Lands for himself. Only a few were as young or even younger as the young man who first died senselessly. There were many things they could do, so why bother dying so early?

If anything, once they get old or tired and fed up with life, for as weird and uncommon as that is with these ‘at the apex’-kind of people. Or even if they were injured enough that they could not re-heal from such, they could all just come here and then make their last bit of effort without involving anyone else and without making their organization suffer an exorbitant loss.

Each person at such levels was just that valuable and long-lasting. Only a few died every several hundred Eons. Only after their numbers went back up would such enormous wars occur and would such deaths may arrive. Or not. Mostly not, as most would only get severely injured and need time and precious items to heal themselves back up. But some would just be hopeless…

…And so, it began to happen. With the new ‘attraction’ for those in the apex or very damn close to it, whenever their time came, their hopes were overturned in ways that even those right a single step behind them couldn’t even fathom or even ‘more ordinary’ cultivators and ignorant people who either decided to choose death over their more worldly, earthly desires or simply because of not knowing where nor what they were facing - the lady in white became the entire Universal Lands’ most mysterious and deadly place to ever exist so far.

Many tried communicating with her, many tried luring her out, and many tried using others to figure it out. Be it someone at this step, or another, way below themselves and of every single different realm, stage, and of knowledge they were in and had - those at the apex had all the time in the world to try it up, as the lady in white moved not for so, so long.

But whenever something like that occurred, the lady in white would give out an ultimatum if she was truly provoked. And she always delivered no matter how many fools were ignorant or worse; tried their ‘lucky halo’ luck at ‘being the one and only’.

For starters, anyone who made a single, little, tiny bit of a fight in a radius of 2 kilometers around the ‘dead lands’, even if just commencing one, would be pulverized in the same way as always.

When someone tried to relay their bitter and sad struggles of life, simply asking them to kill those that followed them up right in front of the dark-brown gray dirt, not daring to die directly but to ask the lady in white for help since she became a Goddess Creator in their eyes and hearts, especially since she seemed to be indestructible and omnipotent. But, the lady in white, instead, directly began sending those beggars to death with yet those who were chasing after the former following in such steps. Not only them, but…all of those they knew of and were part of an organization with.

It was in such ways that existences and beings made it an extermination punishment for all those who had designs of doing the exact same or similar stuff that would incur the lady in white’s ‘mild annoyance’. Her words when dealing with the first beggar recorded through history: ‘This is not a charity…err, uh right. A charity program, leave me alone, you meager weasels.’.

When someone tried luring her out. Either by delicacies, riches, handsome and beautiful boys and girls and men and women. The lady in white would go on a killing spree. Not only pulverizing all those organizations but even pulverizing whole Kingdoms one after the other, as well as some nearby observers stationed around for the ‘in case anything’ situation.

And it was even worse when someone tried to seduce her. She directly annihilated Universe after Universe from all random Existences without a single thought nor a mere iota of hesitation.

Yet, even as she created such atrocities more than once - once again because of many who thought themselves to be the ‘one and only’ over and over again. The Great Sage, acclaimed as the strongest, most powerful, and insanely untouchable of all times in ‘all that exists and there is’; never made an appearance nor even said a thing about these events - let alone from the lady in white.

In a way…everyone who had lived under his rule for this long. Which is everyone, in fact. Became complacent, knowing that even ‘those’ at the ‘true’ apex can still feel the fear…

…But suddenly, just as life was going and coming, just as time was passing and being longed for. It happened.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW……

PLSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH……

From nowhere, a white, glimmering, and fluctuating ever so impossibly strong - white energy arrow the size of the grandest Divine Kingdom to ever exist streaked across the starry boundless emptiness of the Universals Lands. Formed from who knows where and…for a purpose that nobody was wise but that everyone would become pretty well aware of in just a few iotas of a mere and single instant.

…The white arrow energy created a path ever so pure, purest, and full of…life creating… That when it made its way towards the Great Sage’s Palace, which was as large as an entire Existence and even a bit more, while everyone, not even the tiniest of particles, atoms, or…Essence - could move, breathe, or directly ‘be’... Including the ‘omnipotent, omnipresent and undefeated’ Great Sage!!

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGHGHAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!...”

Within their deepest of longings and terrors, a screech they had already forgotten to whose voice and tone it belonged sounded, the last of all coming from this powerful entity was…directly taken away in less than an iota, with an explosion coming from the Great Sage’s Palace as the arrow deeply penetrated within and precisely hit straight at the Great Sage.

While the Great Sage’s scream was heard by all of those at the apex, the explosion that the white arrow energy created was utterly soundless. Not a single thing was heard from it nor from anything it touched. And that was even more so as it extended over the rest of the Universal Lands…its targets…the fallen rulership and its subjects and worshipers; them all.

. . .

 

In a little village, in an unknown place from all. A tiny baby boy was born…

 

 

This is the beginning of Volume 1: For You, Mommy.

13