Chapter 359 — Disastrous Victory (5)
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disastrous Victory (5)

 

 

 

Since the time when Heian Ciemnosc displayed a terrific show in the middle of the night, 3 hours went by. After the Concealed Ornament Team attacked the enemy front lines, the numerous gaps allowed the student troops to bash in and start decimating the cultivators. The Academy's Spirit Rebirth realm troops charged the enemies of the same realm, creating a rapid massacre and killing any other cultivator on their path. Though Heian Ciemnosc's show was impacting, it fueled the student troops' determination to fight and kill the cultivators.

The fight was already coming to a close with most students walking through the taken City, and others were quickly moving after entering with the cannons still assembled. At this moment, Heian Ciemnosc and his team strolled on the streets at ease. The City became under the Academy’s rule, and its civilians and citizens were rapidly given freedom. And only about 45% of the civilians were starved to death during this time. If more died in such little time, it would count as cultivators directly harming civilians.

His CO’s were bloody, but the light in their eyes was alive and full of vigor and energy. The other team members were tired, and some were injured, but their eyes were filled with vitality. There weren’t casualties in the team, though Heian Ciemnosc understood some of his scouts from the scouting group died in the battle through his medallion. Even then, 2 of the team members were heavily injured and had to remain in the City to rest before re-joining the army.

Heian Ciemnosc was bloody all over, but his mouth and under his eyes were the most bloody spots on his body, including his hands and torso, where tons of blood poured on his body. Some blood dried p at the corners of his jaw and below his eyes. His Claws were no longer Out, but he was stared at by the nearby students with reverence. Not uncertainty, fear, respect, or adoration… they simply acknowledged Heian Ciemnosc’s position within the Wrath Nihility Academy and the army.

No matter what happened next or afterwards, everyone knew Heian Ciemnosc’s presence within their army was influential from then on. Besides, their current leadership wasn’t really up to their eyes anyway. The commander didn’t even enter the battle when it was nearing the end. While his second-in-command fought after Heian Ciemnosc opened paths for the Academy’s forces.

“... Goddammit! Who do you think you are?! Do you think you can do whatever and be okay with it? Die, die, die, die! UGH!” Heian Ciemnosc looked to the side. A brown-skinned blonde with the Academy’s uniform held a paralyzed cultivator’s clothes and pulled him up. Her right hand fell on his face repeatedly, with more force each time. Lastly, the cultivator only had the lower back of his skull connected to his body, as everything else fell on the floor as a paste.

After bashing the cultivator’s head and part of his neck, the student stood still with her back bent and her hands on her knees. After calming down and a while of breathing heavily, she started sobbing and wheezing until she recomposed herself, cleaned her tears with her forearm, and walked away towards the residential district. Heian Ciemnosc observed the scene calmly without expression. When the blonde’s back was disappearing from the naked eye, another commotion garnered his interest as he looked at a TV screen.

It was placed in front of every army building after conquering the City for the Academy to know the news about the Blackotia Kingdom. Right now, it was showing the images of a citadel besieged by several armored vehicles Heian Ciemnosc has only seen in books and heard Teacher Puru elaborate on. At this moment, a bald, middle-aged man accompanied by an old cultivator and another middle-aged cultivator soared into the air, exuding tremendous energy fluctuations.

“... Your Academy won’t reign forever! This Era is ours! Yours is ending, and the Blackotia Kingdom will finally recognize the master it deserves! Under us, its Spirit will be born. And in the future, we’ll become a Sixth Step organization!” The bald, middle-aged man shouted as he lifted his open palms to the air where the camera angle was. Then, the camera showed a couple figures blurring kilometers in front of the bald cultivator. But before anything else could be seen, the camera angle distorted, and the images went black.

“Who was that?” Victor asked. He was frowning with his arms crossed, but nobody in the army knew about it, let alone Heian Ciemnosc. Perhaps only the commander and second-in-command knew. But Heian Ciemnosc felt like it wasn’t a good time to ask. He also had no idea when Lionel would notice his little deceit.

“...” Heian Ciemnosc looked at the black screen a little more. He could have sworn he had seen a Beast Race figure showing up and directly stopping whatever the bald cultivator attempted. The power levels were so high that even the spaceships around the area were affected. Heian Ciemnosc could only guess it was the Second Step’s pinnacle fighting. Looking at it, he noticed how damn minute he was within the world, and so did the rest of the army.

Step, step, step. Clank, step, clank- step step… Heian Ciemnosc didn’t need to look around nor use his Spirit Sense to realize every student troop moved faster, more determined, and tirelessly. Heian Ciemnosc continued on his way with his team behind him. Violet walked one step behind him to his right while the CO’s were a few steps behind her.

It had only been more than 10 minutes since the entire City was cleaned of threats. Whatever remaining enemy remained was either incapacitated or had too low a cultivation base. Either way, they were bound to die sooner than later. And now, the army had 15 hours before the transporting ships were boarded again, and the second City’s besieging started.

At this moment, Heian Ciemnosc felt his medallion heat up. He read Cari’s message, telling him to go to the City’s headquarters to accept Lionel’s mission. It was all about the scouting before the following siege. The enemy’s other Cities should have become wary by now. It was normal. Heian Ciemnosc looked at Violet, who nodded and lightly spoke to the rest of the team, “Get ready. We’ll be going out to scout in 12 hours. Go rest!”

Violet and the team dispersed, each in their own way, as they wanted to meditate as much as possible before continuing their duty. While some couples and groups went together, Heian Ciemnosc walked alone towards the headquarters. It wasn’t at the City’s center but near the gaping hole in the walls. A few minutes later, Heian Ciemnosc calmly walked into the building, which appeared like a pavilion, and headed towards the central room.

Entering the room, Heian Ciemnosc saw the second-in-command, sub-commanders, and commander Lionel. They surrounded a table and murmuring between each other, looking down at a screen with a hologram sticking up from it occasionally. They noticed his presence, and most sub-commanders revealed comfortable glints. It was thanks to this student their casualties didn’t increase too much. Zi Ye and Lionel displayed stone-cold faces but didn’t show emotion, and Cari seemed neutral.

“Heian Ciemnosc, greetings.” - “Mn, good that you’re here.” - “Heian Ciemnosc, a pleasure.”

A few sub-commanders spoke, including Heian Ciemnosc’s sub-commander. Most fought beside him and protected his team from Spirit Rebirth realm cultivators, even taking a few strong hits from Spirit Formation realm cultivators. And after seeing how much their help aided the entire army at long last. They were glad, of course. They also had a favorable impression of the CO Team, not just Heian Ciemnosc.

“Greetings to all of you back,” Heian Ciemnosc said as he took a position on the opposite side of the table, correlating to Lionel and Zi Ye. Silence ensued before Lionel spoke with some indignant. But he still carried an overbearingness worthy of a commander… more or less. “We’ve lost 17.180 troops in this battle. Most of our casualties were from the moment we entered… The rest was from when our cannons and machine guns opened fire at the enemy’s first City barrier.”

Lionel gritted his teeth and formed a fist with his right hand before continuing, “We still have 190,000 troops and can attack the next 2 Cities without a problem, but I don’t like these odds. I’m asking you, does any of you have a way, idea, or thought to put in? These are the lives of your troops, too, after all. Anyone.”

“...” Heian Ciemnosc’s eyebrows rose when hearing that last ‘anyone’ word, but he kept quiet like the rest and waited. After several seconds, a sub-commander at the peak of the Spirit Rebirth realm suggested without confidence. “How about we use array formations to protect ourselves, too? We have the new cannons from this City. And though they will require weeks to become our cannons, we can worry about materials for shells and repairment kits later after the reinforcements.”

“That’s good, but it’s not enough,” Lionel nodded and frowned before crossing his arms. “The Academy will send me a message after reviewing my petition, success, and the state of my army. They might arrive after the enemy’s 3rd City is taken, and we have to ensure that no unrest is left between the Ice Comed Division-first City’s route. We need defensive strategies and to leave something behind, to deter the enemy from trying to recapture.”

“Leave a transporting ship with just enough people to pilot and fire it to defend above the City, and just use their cannons as a warning. There’s no time for traps. It’s better to let one ship become our City’s line of defense,” Heian Ciemnosc opened his mouth to say. Lionel jerked his back to face him but said nothing. The other sub-commanders nodded upwards, and the commander finally nodded slowly.

“And as for wasting less time and troops’ lives when charging into a City, you should make several temporary teams conformed by Spirit Rebirth realm placed at the front. They won’t take the brunt force first but rush to the sides and exterminate the enemy team cannons and Spirit Rebirth realm cultivators. Even if they can’t find the latter, they will be forced to come out, and as they die, their army will lose morale.” Heian Ciemnosc spoke again before falling silent and stepping backwards.

Everyone was silent, waiting for a response, when Lionel finally reacted. His slow nod slowly increased in pace. Before long, he was nodding consecutively and said while looking at Heian Ciemnosc without any warm expression, “Very well, that can be used. Zi Ye, You will carry an extra 40,000 troops with you. Start working on it. Cari, you’ll remain as the vanguard.”

Zi Ye said nothing but bowed his upper back before turning around and exiting the central room. Cari nodded and looked at Lionel contently. The commander then looked at everyone and clapped his hands, the crisp noise seemingly forming a lighter atmosphere. “Now, let’s discuss more. But before that, this is the army’s upper echelons’ discussion. The scouting group leader must leave and prepare before going out.”

Lionel then looked at Heian Ciemnosc with a tilted head to the right. Heian Ciemnosc innocently blinked and tilted his head to the left before assenting his head low and turning around, exiting the room. Before he left, he could hear the army’s ‘upper echelons’ talk heatedly and ask as many questions as answers were given.

Heian Ciemnosc went to where Sakura was meditating, planning to try breaking into the 6th stage as soon as possible. After all, with how alluringly efficient his dual cultivation method is and Sakura supporting and enjoying the run, he was really close to the later stages of the Ashes Soul realm. It wasn’t difficult to consume his dark ashes. They were slightly chewy than others but were very easy to eat. His Power Energy storage increased more rapidly with Sakura’s aid.

. . .

 

About 14 hours later, on the way back to the first City, on the road coming from the enemy’s second City which the Concealed Ornament was taking.

 

After a successful night and morning resting, meditating, and fornicating for some, Heian Ciemnosc and his team were returning from scouting and finding no abnormalities. If anything, the enemy’s second City wasn’t sure if to wait for the Academy’s army to come or relax, believing the latter couldn’t attack so soon after the battle. They hoped the Academy had trouble bringing peace to the City. But not every City in these ‘rebelling’ forces was of the same mind when dealing with others than the Wrath Nihility Academy.

Heian Ciemnosc and his team were walking calmly. They were just 17 kilometers away from the City, and its giant walls were already plenty visible to their eyes. As they walked, Violet, Fengli, and Sakura were shoulder-to-shoulder with Heian Ciemnosc. Violet was on his right, and the other two were on his left. At this moment, Fengli pushed Sakura towards Heian Ciemnosc, causing her to rub his right shoulder with her left one.

“Aiyoh, team leader is choosing a new vice-sub-semi-team leader? So festy!” Fengli commented as she hid a smile. All seriousness disappeared from her face. Sakura blushed, and her hair grazed Heian Ciemnosc’s right cheek, but everyone continued walking calmly yet quickly. They weren’t tired, and even Sakura could still use her full capabilities after Heian Ciemnosc made a mess out of her.

“Sorry, team leader. Fengli is just annoying,” Sakura said, rubbing her shoulder on his a bit more before separating and turning to face Fengli. The former smiled at the latter triumphantly, leaving Fenlgi speechless and blinking profusely. She even added, “Team leader is really something, you know? I would rather squirm in soft skin, but his movements… passion… mmm!”

“Bah! Are you trying to advertise for him? Don’t think we are little girls, Sakura.” Fengli acted kinda cute as she was not affected. Her heart and body were Oleg’s, even though they hadn’t in and out together. But Sakura thinly smiled. She lightly shook her head and said while giving the team members a side glance to the back. “It’s not any of you, but there are a few girls in our team now, don’t you think?”

“You…” Fengli was speechless. Sakura was trying to sell team leader’s body?! She didn’t know what to say and continued to look at Sakura. The latter had a helpless expression and commented, but her face didn’t become flushed. “I can’t take the team leader’s lust… all by myself… you know? Now, I respect Senior Apprentice Sister Arla even more. Who would’ve known she could last days with team leader and not get tired? Sigh, poor club leader Frank. He won’t have time to cultivate after maturing.”

“Hey, stop talking about me. I’m right here, ey.” Heian Ciemnosc’s voice sounded from their left, and the girls looked at him like vipers. Violet giggled with her lips closed and narrowed her eyes. Then, Sakura said while gazing at Heian Ciemnosc with determined eyes, “This is girl talk, team leader. You can’t just barge into our conversation like this. What’s wrong with you? Huh??”

“...” Heian Ciemnosc was stunned. It was very effective… Heian Ciemnosc couldn’t help grabbing Sakura’s waist with his right arm, pulling her towards him, and tapping those bums a little before starting to whisper in her ear with her face gone shy like a kitty and startled. “Sin- !?”

But Heian Ciemnosc suddenly halted. He let go of Sakura’s waist as she almost fell to the ground. She had allowed him to hold her however he wished just now. Heian Ciemnosc looked in the first City’s direction and was frankly astounded, but he wasn’t panicky nor feeling potent emotions. He simply… became somewhat taken aback.

“Team leader, what is it?” Sakura asked, preoccupied. Heian Ciemnosc lowered his head and was about to dash forwards but stopped and looked down at her for some seconds before gazing at Violet and his team. His words left them breathless, and their eyes widened a big deal. “The transporting ships, except one, have had their troops embarking on them… they are leaving us behind.”

“What?!” - “How dare they?!” - “After what we did for them? Seriously?!” The team members became enraged! How could the commander, second-in-command, and sub-commanders do this? It was simply stupid!

At this moment, Victor waited a few minutes before saying something. “Team leader, what do we do now? Do we just return to the first City, or…”

“...” Heian Ciemnosc kept silent as he looked at the first City. His eyes were fearless. But after several seconds in contemplation, he became determined and turned around. His eyes were followed by his CO’s and team members. And his voice, on the other hand, was responded to by them with a nod. “If you don’t mind running back, we’re returning to the second City!”

“But…” Heian Ciemnosc added. Everyone was patient with him and waited to hear his words, his orders to them. “We’re in no hurry.”

The Concealed Ornament Team took a 1-hour break to meditate. There wouldn’t be any enemy looking for patrolling Academy’s troops anyway. They would be focused on the second City being besieged.

… What Heian Ciemnosc didn’t know and could only guess as he detected these movements with his Spirit Sense was that more than 10 hours after the first City was reconquered,  commander Lionel received the Academy’s response. Not only was the Academy sending them half a million troops right away, but they also congratulated him for allowing one of his teams as a commander to have a hard-working team that greatly contributed to the war effort.

It only took the commander, exalted by the agreement of his request but confused by that comment, to find out what it was about. When Lionel learned Heian Ciemnosc’s innovations were signed without his name but with the Concealed Ornament Team, he immediately reduced the time before departing by an hour. Yet, he strictly forbade anyone from spreading this news before 13 hours passed.

In the end, even Cari was helpless in convincing a raging commander, and was told to stay in his transporting ship. Cari could only obey and not cause trouble. But Lionel didn’t stop there and placed the scouts from the scouting group in Cari’s transporting ship, gave other new scouts to Heian Ciemnosc’s scouting group with the excuse of the previous scouts wishing to stay and recover until the third City’s siege, and forced them to become the vanguard’s first line for the following City siege.

Heian Ciemnosc was ordered and notified of these changes simply by the medallion and had no clue about such intentions. Now that it all happened, commander  Lionel had denied thousands of merit points to his team. And now… This happened. Heian Ciemnosc was alone with his team in the desert, and the 3 transporting ships had already flown past their heads to the enemy’s second City.

Hell, Heian Ciemnosc even felt like he was being observed with malice by more than 2 people when the transporting ships passed thousands of meters above the ground level. Without a doubt, those were Zi Ye, commander Lionel, and those on their side. Whoever they were.

 

0