The Dark Trio
583 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kyoto was a place where many Japanese and foreigners went to live. However, it wasn't a prominent tourist spot. Instead, it was a place for jobs and cheap apartments. As long as you weren't a criminal, anyone was guaranteed an average life of work, sleep, and repeat.

Some lucky civilians of Kyoto could even find that 'Special Someone' and couple with them. Starting a family would be difficult, but it was encouraged more than ever due to declining birth rates, so Spring blossomed in any season. However, there was an exception when the lights turned off, and the city went dry and cold.

Not because of the buildings turning off their billboards or advertisements but rather because of the complete lack of people. After sunset, only 5% of the people continue to wander, and usually it's only if they lose their way home. It wasn't always like this. These changes happened very recently, in the span of two years.

...

The leaves and branches of trees swayed around, some were dressed trendily as they walked around in the city, instilling fresh blood into this steel city.

When night fell, the entire city blossomed into a gorgeous color which made others to not be able to help but become infatuated. They would sit on a bench with their loved ones and take in the sights while heading home. Nowadays, people rushed home quicker and did not get to fully enjoy the 'nightlife' as people say.

At a a bar opened beside a remote small alley, there was no one around. It was empty and a place where parents would give nightmares to their kids, so they avoided dangerous places like this.

A signboard could be seen, reading Always Happy Hour!

Within the queue, a single man arrived. He had dark circle under his eyes and a unshaven face.

He sighed to himself and asked, "Hello?! What can I do to get some damn service? No pretty ladies here to poor me a drink?"

Coming from the bar, was a young woman with a school uniform. “Boss, you come everyday now. Is everything fine at work? I still haven't changed yet, so give me a minute and I'll give you the regular. Tonight, it's just me on shift.”

The man sighed again and replied, “I still think you ought to focus on homework. Noru, you have enough money and the streets have been more dangerous recently. I just think you shouldn't waste your future on something this shitty.”

Looking behind him, the man saw a giant billboard about the news reporting on a murder that happened last week. The truth is, ever since two years ago, murders have been happening more sporadically, with everyone focusing on a specific serial killer in particular.

A few moments later, Noru arrived in her work uniform and poured his favorite drink.

As he looked up at her, he stared at her slender neck and felt himself slightly drool. He traced her body down to where her short skirt revealed her thighs. After wiping his face with his sleave, he made small talk.

It seemed she didn't notice anything strange. After taking a few sips, he left a small tip before leaving.

...

It was a cold November; the streets were almost empty since evening. The sun had set, and the weather was incredibly peaceful, quiet to the point that only the breathing of a man in his scarf could be heard. He was walking down a clear crossway despite a red light, not paying attention to anything but his phone.

Turning his head up, he was surprised to see a set of students in uniforms laughing outside a cafe. Their youthful energy livened the cold evening, but they became silent while the man passed by them on the walkway.

The air suddenly became tense. A sense of silence passed for a few moments. However, the man looked back down at his phone and walked past them.

A few feet away, the students went back to chatting and laughing.

"Did you see the recent murder near school? One of Lisa's classmates told me it was done by that cannibal, since half of their body was ripped apart and their hearts were missing. Seems to be a classic case of 'Gluttony,' since the hearts were missing. I wonder if that guy will be caught soon..."

"Geez, Rika. Don't joke about those missing people! It's too creepy. Who knows if I might be attacked one day by 'Gluttony'."

The air was filled with youth, optimism, and promise.

...

"Damn kids. Do they really think I'm desperate to hear what they're talkin' about." The man said to himself, followed by a sigh.

Continuing his walk, the man passed no other people. It was strange, considering he was just finished with work and it wasn't even 10:00 PM yet. As of now, he was rereading his favorite novel, Reverend Insanity.

The man licked his lips and clutched his phone. Secretly, in his head, thinking, 'I still wonder what kids taste like. Are they more tender-like or tough. Better stop thinkin' about that before dinner. Haha. As if I could ever get the chance to try that... I might even get arrested for thinking it out loud.'

Truthfully, he is a maniac that gets hunger pains when thinking about the novel, and can only comfort that insatiability by chewing on his own fingers. The scars on each finger show how deep and numerous the bites have gotten.

Thinking about his scars, the man was looking forward to the leftovers in his fridge. The ingredients were hard to procure for him, and they were something he took out for special occasions, or to make a day better. Since today was a longer shift day, he thought it was okay to indulge in a nice dinner.

However, during a moment of being distracted, a loud horn blazed behind him as he was crossing the street to his apartment. A giant figure appeared in front of him as he turned his head.

As he had no time to think, pause, or consider, his eyes widened before he came to be enveloped in a soft, white light. A blinding flash impacting his eyes, and a feeling of broken glass covered his body in a split second.

Sensation fell gradually away as he tried to gather his thoughts. However, the pain disappeared and he could no longer feel anything. Everything went pitch black and the ground disappeared.

...

After what felt like a minute, the man recovered from the shock, noticing he can't see his arms or legs. He wondered where he was or if something was going to happen, as the answer appeared.

A small ding garnered his attention, as he looked at a small hologram-like screen materialize in front of where he assumed he could see.


The Dark Trio

Worlds: Jujutsu Kaisen | Bodies: Hell's Paradise | Traits: Chainsaw Man

〈First Choice〉

World of [Choose From...] ►  Curse/Human


The man stared at the screen and noticed a pair of arms materializing before him. After a small motion, he noticed that they were his old arms but just looked like semi-transparent holograms.

He analyzed the options and could quickly understand his situation, "Reincarnation? Well, can't say for sure yet, better focus on what's in front of me."

Looking at the two choices, he assumed that he was reincarnating in Jujutsu Kaisen or just being given a questionnaire as a post-death shock. Not caring about either choice, he picked the option which would give him the most strength.

His finger hovered above 'Curses' before he froze, "Wait! I shouldn't be so hasty. If I really am being reincarnated based on the choice I pick like a novel... There is a decent chance I reincarnate with Gojo Satoru in my timeline. If I pick curses, would that freak let me live?"

The man suddenly realized the major consequences for this decision, "That guy seemed quirky, but he always was just putting up a facade behind his killer instincts as the strongest in the world."

...

"Fuck! I don't care anymore! At worst, I'll just die again!" He pushed 'Curses' without hesitating and was met with a new screen.


〈Second Choice〉

Physical Body of [Choose From...] ► Tetsunosuke/Gabimaru

Spiritual Body of [Choose From...] ►  Yui/Sagiri


"Now it's based on Hell's Paradise? At least this is an easier choice. I'll go for the body of Gabimaru and Sagiri since they seemed the strongest in the anime." He clicked both options.

As he did this, he came to a sudden realization that he had forgotten his name. Rather, it seemed that his name was always Gabimaru, but it seemed too coincidental, so he assumed that instead, his old name was destroyed and erased for the new one.

Even though Gabimaru felt creeped out from having his memory of his name erased, he felt a supernatural sense of calmness and wasn't able to feel too angry about it.

Finally, one last set of options appeared in front of him.


〈Third Choice〉

Physical Trait of [Choose From...]►  Control/Bomb

Racial Trait of [Choose From...]►  Tomato/Grape

Unique Trait of [Choose From...]►  God/Expiration


Gabimaru looked at his final choices and assumed they were based on Chainsaw Man's devils.

He was right. Each choice represented a devil's name.

Smiling, he went for what seemed the strongest, "Makima for the Control Devil, easy. Physical Trait hopefully means I won't grow a perfect pair of ass and tits. The second one about racial traits is stupid. If I had to choose between tomato or grape, I guess the stronger one would be the Tomato Devil."

His hands clicked the two options and froze, "Oh? A God Devil or Expiration Devil. They are most likely at least around the level of the Four Horsemen. One represents the fear of a higher power, and the other represents the fear of reaching the end of life, happiness, or hope. Unique Trait? That's a difficult decision..."

Without knowing which was the perfect choice, Gabimaru used his fingers to click the decision he thought would give him the most strength...


[Curse] ►  Race

[Gabimaru] ► Physical Body

[Sagiri] ►  Spiritual Body

[Control] ►  Enhanced Olfaction (Physical Trait)

[Tomato] ►  Contract Creation (Racial Trait)

[God] ►  Cult Creation (Unique Trait)

〈Reincarnating...〉


After reading the screen, Gabimaru noticed his arms were fading away. He couldn't help but chuckle to himself, wondering if what he chose would mean anything.

'Welp, there's only one way to find out.' Gabimaru thought to himself, and felt a familiar flashing light erupt in the darkness.

It only flashed for a second. However, after that moment, he was gone.

 

Gabimaru Wallpapers - Wallpaper Cave

16