Yamato Region
101 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A myriad of different colors flood my vision before they eventually disperse and reveal my new location.

On the ground beside me was a Follower's dismembered corpse who sacrificed his entire body to summon me to the neighboring region, Yamato.

This place meant new opportunity, safety, and the illustrious Nakatomi Clan. Once things settle down, I can go back to Kyoto, or what the natives or this era call 'Heian-kyo.' I forgot it's almost 857! Do the Japanese in this era celebrate the New Year? Probably...

I look around and see wooden furniture and a roof made of straw. Even the walls had pieces of hay poking out, suggesting that the wall's insulation was keeping up with 'modern' times.

The servant did a good job finding me a house to live in for the duration of my stay here. It's a 200 square meter property away from any civilization. I'm only surrounded by farmlands as far as I can see.

I put my hands together and summon my shadows, "Divine Dogs, make sure this corpse doesn't stink up the place. My nose is sensitive."

After getting their directions, they began munching on my once loyal Follower. He will truly be missed... What was his name again? Eh, I already forgot why it matters.

"Unfortunately without people around I can't get Followers or cursed energy. Maybe I should use this moment to improve the Ten Shadows? But first I need to practice exorcism rituals so that I can beat them and make them my servants." I say to myself in deep contemplation.

Ten Shadows can summon a shikigami in a ritual where the user has to defeat it. Once defeated, it can become one of the shadow shikigami that I can use.

However, I can also summon a shikigami in a ritual with others, but if we defeat it, I won't get the shadow under my control. Megumi and almost Yasha used this to summon Mahoraga, the strongest Ten Shadow shikigami, in order to kill their enemies in a shared ritual.

Of course, it's a suicide move which kills everyone in the ritual, so it became a Ten Shadows trump card which no one could truly control. The only reason Megumi survived is because your body enters a suspended state of death until all people partaking in the ritual die.

Since Megumi was in a suspended state of death during the ritual, Sukuna could heal Megumi and then nullify the ritual. This allowed little Megumi to live. Still, Mahoraga wasn't his to control. That's why I need to be careful to not summon a shikigami above my paygrade.

But I'm sure anything is better than these shitty toads taking up space in my shadows... Ah, I see that it's time to grind.

...

...

???

With a twist, another First Grade Cursed Spirit's head pops off into a mound of human corpses. After exploring the south region of Japan, I've encountered countless unregistered First and Special grades aiming for me. That's not to mention the humans who've come for my bounty. If curses could leave behind bodies, Japan would run out of space for graves.

I stare down the pile of corpses with the Six Eyes and feel satisfied with my strength. After my enlightenment, all I was missing was the battle experience. But having left the clan weak and with no defense, other clans will try to attack.

Tomoe will be in danger... I must head back with haste. She is roughly a day's distance from Yamato, so three days if I pass the shortcut in it and head north towards Heian-kyo.

"Sugawara brat! I've come to collect your head. After I'm done with you, I'll go join the raid against your clan." Behind me, another foolish barbarian comes declaring my head with provocation. I shake my head in disappointment and activate my infinity barrier which stops any attacks from reaching me.

Quickly, I step down from the mountain of bodies and use an extension technique of Limitless to warp behind the barbarian. He turned his neck, but too late. In my hand was his still beating heart, which I slapped across his face, making it all bloody.

These barbarians have come non-stop to kill me, but only those who can survive longer than a minute were worth taking seriously. I deactivate my infinity barrier again and feel a small headache go away.

It's been too exhausting to keep my barrier up all the time for almost two weeks straight. Ambushes also happen at night, so I can never sleep peacefully. Perhaps this is a sign to start heading back home and take control of the clan.

Behind me, I sense a presence lunge towards me. I activate my barrier, which barely stops a spear from impaling my neck. The barrier deactivated without my command, as I jump backwards to add space between the enemy.

I use the Six Eyes and learn that it's a Special Grade Jujutsu Sorcerer around thirty years old. This one is a far more serious trained assassin, without a tongue to speak with. A special grade opponent will be difficult to kill with how exhausted my mind had become, but I need to push myself.

I spread my hand out and gather energy in a vortex and warp it towards him.

"Blue." He dodges with all his effort, but a few fingers were twisted in unnatural directions by my attack. He doesn't speak or flinch, until I use Six Eyes to see an unknown presence in the east of us. I also sensed this possible enemy concealing themselves. They were around 1500 meters away in the forest somewhere, but I needed to end this fight first.

In a moment of distraction, he shoots a ball of fire which lands on my arm before I could dodge. It leaves a burn deep in my flesh, which I heal using my reversed cursed healing. However, a tree catches on fire near me and reveals my location. I need to stop thinking about consequences.

I compress a ball of positive energy, drawing a crimson light which starts repulsing space around it. With a single hand sign, I launch the projectile towards the enemy, "Red!"

It flies and hits the enemy who disperses into smoke... It was a fake body.

"Where is he?" I look around and can't find any living creatures in this dense forest. But there's no way anyone can trick my eyes, unless he ran away?

I then start to feel sweaty and look up and see a huge ball of fire in the sky. It starts coming towards me like a meteor, so I try to warp space, but feel a distortion freezing me in place.

As it approached, I used all my processing power to reactivate my infinite barrier, Infinity.

Closing my eyes, an explosion ruptures my ears leaving my hearing disabled temporarily. My body was safe, but the sound waves will leave me deaf for about one minute while I heal it.

The assassin charges me with a burning kunai like a fool. He also has another fake behind me to divert my attention, but I sense the real one, so I send another Blue.

This time, it connects properly and twisted his legs until they couldn't be identified. Blood pours onto the ground as I see him bite on some kind of poison before I could knock him out for questions.

I review my body and feel my hearing slowly return.

My cursed energy output is almost nothing with Six Eyes, but the mental fatigue is too much... I can't stand this constant usage of cursed techniques, even if my body can.

With a small chime, I felt my hearing back to normal. The positive energy heals quick, which was good. But there was still one more problem to deal with.

I summon a barrier using a few hand signs and incantations which makes the area's forest fire disappear. The wildlife will be protected, as well as a possible hiding spot for my next battle.

I take a step forward and call out, "Are you finished watching? You can come out now."

Nothing happened for a moment, until I heard some rustling from a nearby shrubbery.

"As expected of the heir of the Sugawara Clan, Sugawara no Kaneyori. After that bounty I sent, you should be exhausted. Blame yourself for becoming a rogue. I'm just here to clear out the trash polluting my country."

Behind me, a tall figure in a black robe appeared. In a quick glance, I realized it was the only person I have avoided. The hidden emperor and true leader of Japan! It's also the man who wants to swallow my clan the most! Japan's most powerful Special Grade Jujutsu Sorcerer, the imperial regent!

"Fujiwara Yoshifusa!" I clenched my fist until it bled.

Wasn't he in seclusion? No matter. I can't let him follow me back to the clan or else Tomoe will be in danger. This bastard really enjoys toying with prey, but I won't allow it to continue. Everything ends now!

"You-" Before he finished speaking, I use Blue which completely misses. He then appeared behind me, his face was illuminated in the moon's shine. The elderly man's face looked frail, but his physical strength was almost impossible to track, even with my Six Eyes.

His technique was the most troublesome.

Yoshifusa's voice was very domineering as he said, "Do you know that my Fujiwara's technique, Blood Manipulation, is the most versatile inherited technique in the world? Even your inherited Limitless has limits with those inexperienced eyes. But what I wanted to show you personally was the difference between us, experience in reversed techniques."

"Lake of Rot."

After he said this, a puddle of boiling blood formed from under his feet, expanding rapidly to form a large crimson lake. I had to teleport away to get a full view. I couldn't help but wonder how he could have so much blood.

"Oh!" I instantly piece it together.

By utilizing a reverse cursed technique to heal himself at an insane speed, he can create endless blood. But so what?

I jump and use an extension technique of Limitless which allows me to levitate and fly temporarily. After which I teleport away and get ready to attack, but to my surprise, the bastard started talking to me from far away.

"Sugawara, I have spent decades learning about positive energy and I've learned three crucial things. It takes either a genius or maniac to learn reversal techniques. Two, techniques with a simple binary opposite are much easier to imagine into existence for reversal techniques, like your Blue and Red. Three, every reversal technique requires immaculate interpretation for each user, especially Blood Manipulation."

Why was this Fujiwara bastard even talking? Is he giving me some kind of lesson?

In his hand, a ball of blood condensed into a spear as he continued speaking.

"With endless blood, I needed a source of cursed energy to fill my reserves. That's when I configured my reversal technique! What is the inverse of using cursed energy to manipulate my blood? Of course, it was using my opponents blood to give myself cursed energy! Welcome to cursed technique reversal: Cursed Bleeding!"

As he said this, my nose, ears, and eyes started bleeding as blood was pulled out and flowing into Yoshifusa's red spear.

It was surprising to feel a lack of physical strength so suddenly with the lack of blood. After a couple seconds of bleeding, I activated my reversed cursed technique to create positive energy. My blood levels stabilized, but if I stopped using the reversal technique for a minute, my body would dry up from a deficiency.

Not only that, but his energy reserves were growing.

While I could continue healing myself at a double the regular cursed technique consumption rate, Yoshifusa is going to continue absorbing my blood for cursed energy. Despite my unlimited amount of cursed energy, my brain couldn't handle a drawn out battle.

It will be a stalemate until my mind can't keep up...

I need to end this quick. With a hand sign, my body teleports behind Yoshifusa so that I am in distance of my final attack.

He just smirked as he grabbed my arm and wouldn't let go. His grip kept crushing my arm, but I needed to attack with something which can do damage, so I use my freehand to cross two fingers together and chant.

"Domain Expansion: Unlimited Void..."

With that, a black sphere of infinity surrounds us. It restrains all thoughts and actions of anyone inside the darkness, unless they are touching me...

He still won't let go, so I create a Red hand sign as he starts making his own hand sign.

Yoshifusa just looks surprised for a moment with my domain as he puts three fingers next to his heart and chants, "Domain Expansion: Living Heart of Heruka."

Around us, a series of veins and blood vessels appear in the black space. In just a moment, the black space filled with endless visuals becomes a bloody deathtrap.

All around me were blood vessels with some kind of pulsating sound. The entire area was also spilling blood onto the ground around us.

My domain completely shatters, until his domain finished forming into what seemed to be a beating heart. We were inside some kind of heart with blood everywhere.

"That was too close. Good thing inherited techniques have all their information public. Now you are in my sure-hit domain!" The bastard, Fujiwara Yoshifusa, just smirked with sweat on his forehead.

My domain was weaker, so it was destroyed. This also meant my Limitless technique was not going to work for a few minutes since my domain broke.

Domains were advanced barrier technique and are considered the pinnacle of jujutsu sorcery. It constructs the user's innate domain inside a barrier infused with their innate cursed technique.

Within any domain expansion, the user's cursed techniques are improved and any that are activated are guaranteed to hit. This meant I was in serious trouble. But then I felt a strange wave of chills come over me.

"What!?" Outside of the domain, I could sense an extremely strong presence just standing there.

Yoshifusa also seemed to sense something, as he stopped attacking me for a moment, "Hmm? Sugawara brats? No..."

Surprisingly, the bastard deactivated his domain as the sky returned to its original night color.

"Impossible!" I yell in shock of who it was.

This was the person I thought I would never see for the rest of my life.

 

Pin on jujutsu kaisen

 

6