Chapter 5: Shen bald
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Li Changsheng is a typical northwest Chinese, tall and powerful, with dark skin. Although his nose is straight and his mouth is square, his appearance is just ordinary, not handsome. The most striking thing is the clear and bright eyes.

Four years ago, when he was admitted to the Department of Civil Engineering of Peking University with excellent examination results, his old father, Carpenter Li, sold two acres of fertile paddy fields by the river and collected three hundred silver dollars, so that he could finish his studies in Peiping.

After graduation, the Qing Dynasty was destroyed, and Sun Yat sen and Li Yuanhong became the first presidents of the Republic of China. At this time, the European and American powers and Japan enjoyed privileges in China, and the domestic warlords established their own regimes in a separate area. Li Changsheng saw a chaotic situation and did not intend to stay in Peiking to make a living. He didn't want to go back to his familiar hometown to be a teacher or go to a small county town to find a job as a clerk, so he got his graduation certificate and had a farewell dinner with his classmates and went south to Guangzhou to work alone.

The boss of the firm, surnamed Chen, was a thin old man in his fifties. He had three strands of long beard. He is a native of Guangzhou. The business has been run by family for three generations, with stable customers in Southeast Asia and Europe and America.

Boss Chen has a smart brain. He is thoughtful and has a unique vision. He is quite disturbed by the current domestic situation. After his son Chen Guiyan graduated, he left his business to his son and some elderly relatives. He went abroad to explore and buy a family business abroad. Once civil war broke out in China, he could also take his family abroad to avoid disaster.

As soon as Li Changsheng left Guangzhou Railway Station, he was picked up by Chen Guiyan, a senior alumnus. Chen Guiyan was very fond of this junior alumnus. Li Changsheng spent all year in the library studying ancient Chinese history and became a joke in the Department of Civil Engineering. Once in a big class, when students of several grades were listening to Professor Ma Yuzao's phonetic alphabet class, Professor Ma smiled and asked Li Changsheng: As a student of civil engineering, why don't you study professional knowledge and spend your spare time reading literature and history in the library? Is there any suspicion of neglecting one's work? Or be derelict in duty and run irrelevant business?

Li Changsheng replied: Profession is used to feed the stomach, and literature and history are used to feed the spirit. As for science and engineering students who study literature and history books, whether he is not do honest work?I have question:How many graduates and professors of Peking University have been engaged in their majors for life after graduation? I read literature and history materials in extracurricular time.It just means that I'm doing the most proper study.

In the class, more than 200 students laughed and applauded. Professor Ma also said with a smile and approval that what you said was good! It is correct that you did not devote all your energy to professional courses. Each of us may not be able to use what we have learned in the future. I am now imparting your knowledge, which is not my major. I apologize to you.

Professor Ma then said seriously: Everyone has his own talent. Only by choosing his major according to his talent can he make achievements. What is your gift?

Li Changsheng answered after a little thinking: Reading.

Professor Ma smiled again: Young people, it's a habit to like reading! Habit is acquired, talent is born! Reading is not a gift!

Li Changsheng replied humbly and politely: I like reading, that is, I like thinking, analyzing and comparing, and I like exploring the unknown.

Professor Ma laughed: This young man is interesting and has deep thoughts! You mean your talent is like thinking and exploring! This is the best talent I know, please cherish it!

Chen Guiyan appreciated Li Changsheng very much. At that time, he thought that Li Changsheng, a junior alumnus, was diligent, honest and talented. So he suggested Li Changsheng go to Guangzhou to see him after graduation. He arranged Li Changsheng to do the lowest level of field merchandising first.

Li Changsheng goes to work during the day to complete the work of various foreign trade merchandisers, inspect the goods in the local specialty warehouse, count the quantity, and go to the customs to handle various documents, etc.

Every morning at five o'clock and at ten o'clock in the evening, he would climb to the top of Luofeng to find a place where there was no one, face the south, and practice according to the entry-level skills recorded in the Tao Te Ching. At this time, he stared into his body, and the purple energy mass with the size of soybeans in his belly button, although it was weak, but was bright and It shows the appearance of endless vitality.

Daily practice is a necessary lesson, which he has formed a habit. Because every day he feels a little better, although not much, he always feels his spirit and body are changing.

One night half a year later, Li Changsheng closed his eyes and sat cross legged in bed. He focused on the inside of his belly button, and soon found that there were pearl sized particles in the purple energy group. The particles gave off purple light, and the color of the light gave off a faint golden light.

Suddenly, the skin on the two kidneys on the back began to beat, and a heat flow came from the belly button to the back, then separated to the left and right, and entered the two kidneys. Huangdi Neijing is the oldest classic of Chinese medicine. According to the book "Huangdi Neijing", the kidney of the human body is full of life energy that a person obtains from his parents. Li Changsheng knows that this is a half year's collection of black and gold energy from heaven and earth to return to the kidney to supplement the life energy of the human body.

Now Li Changsheng has reached this stage of practising taoism. He can't live forever, but he can live a long life.

Although Li Changsheng is 1.8 meters tall, he is thin. Because of the abundance of vitality in his kidney, his bones began to grow stronger. Now he has bright eyes and quick movements, so he can't help eating more every day. According to the annotation recorded in the Tao Te Ching, Li Changsheng knew that he had completed the initial stage of foundation building.

Yin Xi explained in the book "Tao Te Ching" that when you completed the foundation of Taoist Kung Fu, you were already a first-class fighter in the world. Li Changsheng laughed at himself. I have become a kungfu expert in the past six months? It's too simple. Why don't I feel anything?

That morning, Li Changsheng opened his eyes after finishing his practise at the top of the mountain in Xiangxue Park and looked at the horizon. The eastern red cloudd was burning and the red sun was gushing out. This was recorded in the ancient Tao Te Ching that it was the best time to collect the golden energy of heaven. However, he still had to go to the business firm to work. Li Changsheng ran down the mountain at a quick pace, returned to his rental house in the village of the city, washed his face, and hurried out with his briefcase.

He met Uncle Huang, the landlord, just a few steps away from his room. Uncle Huang was very happy and gave him a red envelope and some fruit candy as soon as he saw Li Changsheng. It turned out that Uncle Huang's grandson were admitted to Tsinghua University this year.

Uncle Huang said proudly, "My grandson was admitted to Tsinghua University, which was called a knight in the Qing Dynasty decades ago. He could go to the capital to meet the emperor directly. This is a rare event and honor in my village with thousands of families."

Uncle Huang's grandson just received the admission notice from Tsinghua University yesterday. Uncle Huang was excited beyond words. Uncle Huang never drinks before. But he went to the street and bought a bottle of wine, which made him dizzy, crying and laughing. He praised himself for helping others, actively doing public welfare, and often repairing bridges and roads. It is he who has accumulated good deeds to benefit his descendants.

Li Changsheng immediately said, "Congratulations, your grandson will has a bright future. You have an excellent grandson!" He is also happy for Mr. Huang's family. There are dozens of meters of firecrackers on the ground in front of the downstairs door. It seems that they are ready to set off firecrackers to celebrate.

"Who agreed that you set off firecrackers here? You guys go to confiscate the firecrackers on the ground!”

A shout came, and several fat patrolmen in black uniforms and big caps walked in from the entrance of the village with rubber sticks in their hands.

Uncle Huang was so angry that he blushed and shouted: "Am I still breaking the law by setting off firecrackers in front of my house? You patrolmen are still in charge of my house?"

Five patrolmen came over, and the fat man in his forties, who was in the lead, said proudly, "The municipal government has a document. Firecrackers will cause fires. In the Republic of China, no firecrackers are allowed to be fired no matter whether they are married or their families die, or on the holiday anniversary. Confiscate!

The villagers all gathered around curiously. Uncle Huang glared angrily and said: bald Shen, your brother-in-law in the second group of the village set off firecrackers just before yesterday. Why didn't you come out to confiscate them? You're showing off the power of a patrolman, right?

0