Chapter 1 could life get any worse?
25 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"No matter how much you deny, Mr. Light, every piece of evidence seemed to lead back to you,we simply wanna resolve this in peace so please be kind and cooperate with us,tell us where were you on the night of the murder?" 

"I had been cooperating with you throughout the whole night sir!" 

"And I can say with confidence, I'm being set up to be labeled a murderer ,all of these evidence seem to be leading back to me despite having done nothing wrong"

"Mr light I understand you might be angry but please do cooperate and answer our questions or we might lock you up at this very moment as we already have enough evidence going against your statement".

"..."

"Now that your willing to listen and corporate I'll ask again"

"Kevin Light, where were you on the night of Friday 17 2031 during the murder of Louis Feather?"

"I was at a broadway musical"

"Is there anything or anyone that can support you on this statement?"

"You can take a look at my phone and see when I bought the ticket and also the cameras in the broadway theater would prove my innocence".

"Alright thanks for the cooperation Mr.Light, for the moment we can not trust you as there are too many evidence against you but as the Miracle police we can not arrest a person without knowing the story behind both side"

"We will collect every piece of evidence possible and arrange a trial in a few weeks,as for you during those weeks ,you would be under house arrest, and would be monitored through an electric monitor on your ankle".

"Now than come along mr light,we still have a few questions and new pieces of evidence to look at"

"..."

And that's why I'm in a police car towards my old hometown with a luggage and an ankle monitor on my left leg and on top of that I was fired from my damn teaching job

Life couldn't get much worse than this.

That's what I thought until I saw the message on my door 

(Due to mistreatment of your pet,your dog has been taken away from you to safety from the  official live love laugh pets services)

"??!!!"

"WTF?!"

"Live love laugh my ass, where tf is my darling muffin?!" 

"Mistreatment of my muffins?!I was forcefully taken into the police station in another city and had to stay there for three days and even if I missed my muffins I couldn't do anything. He was taken from me without my knowledge?!!"

"nevermind my life could get a thousand times worse"

 

"It was those damn police fault!"

"I was accused of a murder,was put under house arrest with a stupid ankle monitor,lost my job and now my emotional support baby muffin was taken from me"

"Out of all of those, losing my baby is the worst"

I walked up to my house and opened the door.

I missed my muffin but I couldn't do anything due to my limited actions now.

 "I'll make sure to get him back after my innocence was proven"

I put my coat on the coat hanger and took my shoes off.

Still looking down I noticed a few broken glass and a  pillow with all of its stuff out.

I knew instantly it wasn't my Muffins doing because My muffin was taught by a paid professional not to do this by my parents. 

I quickly took out my baseball bat and turned on the light. 

I made a few rounds around the house and found many pieces of jewelry missing.

I wasn't very surprised because This had happened quite a lot especially when it comes to being a rich kid like me..

Both of my parents are very financially well,my Dad was a ceo of a the company wayside electric, like it's name it made many different electoral inventions and it was a successful business, My mom was a broadway performer, that being the reason why I usually go to a lot of broadway performances..

Who would have thought during one of my many visits such a horrible thing would happen. 

They both sadly passed away last year from unknown circumstances,no evidence was found of a murder accuring so their case was labeled cold.and at the end everything they owned was passed down to me, except the business which my dad for some reason sold for money.

Oh well it doesn't matter much because  I'm still financially comfortable with 6 billion dollars to my name, it's mostly thanks to dad selling his company to get this much money though.

It's a good thing, the burglar only took accessory jewelry my mom only bought and barely used.

Most of her important jewelry was put into a secret room in the kitchen where my mom usually put old antiques.

Since this mansion was built by my dad's design,there's many different family secrets hiding in this old mansion,one of the reasons why I'm still here despite all of the break ins.

Anyone who looks at me wouldn't think for a moment I'm a billionaire. But then again, who heard of an ordinary looking billionaire that lives in an old run down mansion that's under house arrest with an ankle monitor?

I put down my bat after making sure the burglar didn't remain hiding somewhere.

I was relieved that i didn't have to beat anyone,since I took many classes of kung fu I could be accused of another murder,just this time I would immediately be thrown into a lifetime behind bars.

I cleaned up the mess and went upstairs to take a shower and for a change of clothes

Taking off my clothes I went inside the shower and sang my heart out.

I wasn't a bad singer thanks to my middle school singing classes but I'm certainly not a professional either.

After my shower I dried myself,combed my hair and put on a comfortable green oversized hoodie with cat ears…it was the only comfortable thing in the front of my closet I could wear, it's  not some weird kink that makes me a furry.

I put on black shorts and went to my TV room to watch a musical to pass the time.

I had snacks and an old Musical that included my mother as one of the main leads and yet my mind was elsewhere

The victim of the murder I was accused of, Louis Feather, was also a broadway performer and one of my mom's coworkers, I wouldn't think of ever hurting her because she was my mom's friend and yet she suddenly died and I happen to be the closest suspect?

Is it a coincidence?

In fact it feels more like a set up to lock me up as a way  to erase all traces of my parents I won't pass on that because they did have a lot of enemies 

Or maybe I'm overthinking the whole thing.

Knowing myself It's more likely the latter.

Before long I was bored again, times like this I usually go to the local skateboarding park but now,with this thing around my ankle, all my actions are limited to this house.

"Should I try to cut it off?"

There's really no reason for me to ask that since I was already going downstairs to look for a saw.

I found one in the storage in the basement,it really brings back memories because the houseworkers used to use this saw to cut overgrown trees in the garden…all of them sadly retired or found other jobs and left one by one.

I ran back upstairs and tried to cut the ankle monitor off, while cutting it, the monitor blinked an orange color.

"Does that mean it's about to fall off?"

I thought it was a good sign and kept going until it blinked again this time a bright shade of red.

I made a final effort to cut it off. Suddenly a burning feeling went through my body.

…My whole body felt like it was on fire and I blacked out. 

"So when this thing blinks red it means I'm gonna get electrocuted.."

"..f…uck…my..li.fe.." 

"..could…it…get..any..worse?.."

2