The Chase
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amelia usually kept a steady head about her. She wasn't known for being easily distracted, and was actually often looked to as a mentor in the Temple of Ayla. She has been at them temple her whole life, serving their and becoming a priestess. She had a lot of trust in herself as she wondered into the woods to collect herbs to make medicine for the sick and injured staying at the temple. But unfortunately, she would end up in danger.

As Amelia made her way deeper into the woods, she noticed that something felt off. The birds were eerily quiet, and there was a stillness in the air that made her uneasy. She paused to listen, but could only hear the sound of her own footsteps crunching on the forest floor.

As she continued on her path, Amelia spotted a small clearing up ahead. She quickened her pace, eager to collect the herbs she needed and return to the temple before nightfall. But as she reached the clearing, she felt a sudden prickling on the back of her neck. She turned around to find that her path had been blocked by a group of rough-looking men.

"I am a Priestess of Ayla" Amelia commanded, "Leave me be for face the consequences!" But the mean only laughed at her threats.

Amelia's heart pounded in her chest as she realized she was in grave danger. She took a step back, but the men advanced on her, their faces twisted in cruel grins. One of them reached out to grab her arm, but Amelia quickly dodged out of his reach.

In a sick mix of self loathing and terror, Amelia ran through the dark forest, her long curly brown hair streaming behind her like a banner. Her emerald green eyes were wide with fear, scanning the trees for any sign of her pursuers. She was dressed in the flowing white robes of a priestess, which were now stained in dirt. Her silver medallion of the Goddess Ayla glinting in the moonlight.

"Come out, little priestess," a deep voice taunted from behind her. "We just want to have a little chat."

Amelia gritted her teeth, her heart pounding in her chest. She had heard stories of the rogue vampires who roamed these woods, and knew that they were not to be trifled with. She cursed herself for not paying better attention to the territories she was wondering into while searching for herbs in the forest.

"I have nothing to say to you," she shouted back, her voice ringing out like a bell.

"Oh, but we have something to say to you," another voice called out.

Amelia refused to slow down, her feet pounding against the forest floor as she pushed herself harder and harder. She could feel her energy waning, but she refused to give up. a branch on the forest floor escaped her sight, and she tripped, falling hard to the ground in front of her. She was now scuffed, scraped and bleeding in several placed.

"We can smell you blood sweet little girl!" Another vampire yelled taunting her.

As she ran, she focused on her prayers, calling out to the Goddess Ayla for strength and protection. She could feel the divine power coursing through her veins, filling her with courage and resolve.

"You can't run forever, little priestess," the first voice called out again, closer this time. "You belong to us now, and there's no escape."

Amelia refused to believe the rogue vampire's words. She knew that she had to find safety soon, or risk falling into their clutches.

Amelia's heart sank as the three rogue vampires surrounded her, their faces hidden by hoods. Two of them grabbed her arms tightly, holding her in place, while the third stepped forward, his hood falling back to reveal his face.

He had short silver hair and red eyes that seemed to glow in the darkness. His skin was pale and cold, and his lips curved into a wicked smile as he looked down at her.

"Well, well, well," he said, his voice dripping with malice. "What do we have here? A little priestess, all alone in the woods. How fortunate for us." The two other laugh wickedly in reply, holding Amelia in place by her arms and her hair. One leaned into her cheek, licking the blood from a scrape.

"She's sweet..." He said evilly.

Amelia struggled against the vampires' grip, but they held her fast, their strength far greater than hers.

"Let me go!" she cried, her voice filled with fear and anger. "You have no right to do this!"

The vampire with silver hair laughed, his teeth flashing in the moonlight. "Oh, but we have every right, my dear. You see, you've trespassed in our territory, and now you belong to us." the two other still snickering wickedly.

Amelia felt a cold shiver run down her spine as she realized the gravity of her situation. She had heard rumors of rogue vampires who kidnapped humans and turned them into their thralls, forcing them to do their bidding for all eternity. She didn't want to end up like one of them.

"What do you want from me?" she asked, her voice shaking.

The vampire with silver hair leaned in close, his breath cold on her cheek. "We want you to cooperate, little priestess. If you do, we'll be gentle with you. We'll just bite you and leave you be. But if you resist, well...let's just say things could get very unpleasant."

Amelia's mind raced as she considered her options. She knew that if she gave in to the vampires' demands, she would be kicked out of the temple of Ayla, and her life's work as a priestess would be over. But if she resisted, she might not survive the night.

"Please," Amelia pleaded, "That act will taint my soul, the elders would not allow me home... There are people... children who need my healing please..."

The three erupted in laughter "Please, please, please," one of them mocked

"Do you think we care about dying humans?" Said another.

Amelia continued to struggle and scream, but the vampires held her tight, their cold fingers digging into her skin. One of them got close enough to lick her neck, and she screamed again, feeling violated and terrified.

The vampire with silver hair stepped forward, his red eyes gleaming in the darkness. "Don't move," he said, his voice low and menacing. "It won't hurt so bad if you don't move."

Amelia's heart raced as she realized what was about to happen. She closed her eyes and prayed to the Goddess Ayla for strength and protection, but she knew deep down that her fate was in the hands of these monsters.

"When little girls come wondering where they don't belong they must be punished..." The lead rogue said with glowing eyes leaning towards Amelia again.

Suddenly, a blur of black dashed out from the shadows and slammed into the rogue vampire with silver hair, knocking him to the ground. The other two vampires turned to face the newcomer, their eyes widening in surprise and anger.

The mysterious man stood tall and confident, his black cloak fluttering behind him. His eyes glowed with a violet light, and his features were sharp and angular. He looked almost inhuman.

"You're territory?" he asked, his voice low and commanding. "That's a bold claim coming from a band of useless rogues"

The two remaining rogues hissed and bared their fangs, ready to attack. "None of your business," one of them spat. "This human is ours."

The man grinned wickedly, revealing sharp teeth of his own. "I don't think so," he said, his voice dripping with malice. "I think you've overstepped your bounds, and now you must pay the price."

With lightning-fast reflexes, the man darted forward and grabbed the nearest vampire by the throat, squeezing tightly. The vampire struggled and clawed at the man's arms, but it was no use. The man's grip was like iron.

The other rogue charged at the man, but he dodged and spun, kicking the vampire in the chest and sending him flying into a tree. The vampire crumpled to the ground, dazed and disoriented.

The man turned back to the first vampire, who was now gasping for air. "Do you yield?" he asked, his voice cold and unforgiving.

The vampire nodded weakly, and the man released him, sending him stumbling back into the darkness.

The second vampire began to stir, but the man was ready. He lunged forward and sunk his teeth into the vampire's neck, draining him of his life force. The vampire screamed and thrashed, but it was no use. The man held on until the vampire was nothing but a lifeless husk.

The man wiped his mouth and turned to Amelia, who was staring at him in shock and awe. The man's gaze pierced into her very soul "The woods are an unsafe place for a little priestess so late in the night..." He said coldly to her.

0